Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The temperatures this coming week are supposed to be in the high 50's to low 60's so that's a tiny bit of good news for searching purposes.

I still can’t believe that active searches are not continuing for this child. So what it’s the weekend? So what it’s cold? This is a CHILD! Get the hell out there and find this CHILD! Makes me furious. Sorry I just had to vent

Especially where he was gone for long stretches at a time! It's not like he worked locally- he worked 12 hours away, and for two weeks to longer amounts of time being away from home! Not exactly a 9-5 type job where he would be home at night to help protect him if she went off the deep end.

Also, he had custody of Lucas himself, so he could have removed him from the home and given him to a relative to keep him safe. His next step should of been getting his daughter away from that monster before she did the same to her.

He would probably have had to take time off from his job in order to get them out of this situation. He would then have to find another carer so he could return to his work OR quit and he be their primary carer.

I really think that little Lucas (and the younger sister) were kept in this environment because it was the most convenient.

I do believe drug users can truly love their children, but they need their drugs worse. I also think the drug use compromises their thinking and reasoning abilities and that is why things like this happen to their sweet babies. JMO

Yep. Someone known to me was 'apparently' a great mother on drugs... it was only when she didn't have or couldn't get drugs that she turned violent. A hit to her 4yo's abdomen caused internal bleeding and leakage of his organs. He ended up deceased. I think this is why little Lucas's case has hit me so hard. It's just so sad and becoming all too common :tantrum:

I wonder what the current various stats are on child abuse and murder.

I still can’t believe that active searches are not continuing for this child. So what it’s the weekend? So what it’s cold? This is a CHILD! Get the hell out there and find this CHILD! Makes me furious. Sorry I just had to vent

I get the impression that they don't think he's in the area. The way they tell people not to search makes it sound like they think searching is pointless. IMO.

There's a big gap between suspected abuse and thinking your partner is a child killer.

I agree. I don't doubt that he didn't suspect his girlfriend could kill his child (if that is what happened.) But to a lot of people (not me), abusing a child as punishment or whatever is considered a normal and reasonable thing to do.

Lucas Hernandez has been missing for more than a week. The search continues
It has been more than a week since 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez was reported missing, and police are still asking for the public to send in any information linked to Lucas, no matter “how insignificant it might be.”

Officer Paul Cruz said there are no updates on the search as of 8 a.m. Sunday — eight days after Lucas was first reported missing.
Police have said the second search for Lucas in Chisholm Creek Park on Friday came up empty. Authorities had previously searched the park on Monday, but Cruz said “a new tip” prompted “a strategic search” of a portion of the park Friday afternoon. The search included K-9 units and Sedgwick County Sheriff’s deputies.

I was thinking the same thing MzOp! Her pain is almost palpable. I don't think she was emotionally able to speak.

Agreed. Mom looked liked she was ready to burst with emotions. She was trying to keep herself in check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems to me "someone" knew how cell phones work and left their phone at the park while finishing whatever they had in mind for poor Lucas.
jmo

I hope that Mom will be able to keep her emotions in check and give another interview when she can handle it.
jmo

Slightly OT. Yesterday before the thread was closed, there was some talk about an incident on Feb. 21 in Paola, KS in which two girls reported a suspicious man and young boy in a car. I can't find a thread anywhere. I don't want to derail Lucas's thread, but feel it needs to be discussed somehow.

I hope that Mom will be able to keep her emotions in check and give another interview when she can handle it.
jmo

I can't even imagine! I felt so sorry for her!

Slightly OT. Yesterday before the thread was closed, there was some talk about an incident on Feb. 21 in Paola, KS in which two girls reported a suspicious man and young boy in a car. I can't find a thread anywhere. I don't want to derail Lucas's thread, but feel it needs to be discussed somehow.

I recall this.

Give me a few minutes and I'll start a thread.

We would be discussing this in an entirely different manner if there had been any sign of an abduction. But there was not.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article200879254.html
"Davidson said police have found no evidence that points toward an abduction, which is why an Amber Alert had not been activated.The Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team is assisting the Wichita Police Department with the investigation. The Emergency Action Command Center has also been activated."

I was the one who posted about the incident in Paola...the type of car reported in that incident could possibly be a match to a new tip that was discussed right before on the thread. I believe we’ve been asked to not discuss that new tip though as it hasn’t been verified :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get the impression that they don't think he's in the area. The way they tell people not to search makes it sound like they think searching is pointless. IMO.

There's more questions than answers to little Lucas' disappearance.

LE has stated and maintained all along, that this was not an abduction. We have to trust that they have evidence that one or two people who he was last seen alive with, are responsible for his being missing. Seeing that LE does not believe that he was abducted points the finger in one or possibly two directions as to who is responsible for him being gone.

I'm curious as to why LE has not yet confirmed when the father left for Texas. There has to be a reason for this not being told. Was he the last to see Lucas alive before he went missing, or was the neighbor next door? The neighbor said that he thought that she was a single mother. So was JH not around when they moved? The neighbor stated that he saw EG smoking with another man, but there is no description of this man available for anyone to say if it was the father or a different man,

We don't know if he was in school or not that week. This, to me, would be very important information, yet this isn't being shared.

We do know that bio Mom JO was in Oklahoma at the time of his disappearance. Confirmed by LE.

Neighbor also stated that a white SUV was backed up to the garage. FindLucasMom confirmed that that is the vehicle EG drives. Yet, she has a custody arrangement to which she has to have a licensed driver over the age of 18 to drive her two oldest children around and she is not allowed to leave the county with them, but was able to drive Lucas and their baby girl around without any restrictions.

After all of this, we are left with two people, his father and his girlfriend, as possibly being the last to see Lucas alive before he was reported as missing.

I don't believe that it being the weekend has anything to do with this. They worked their tails off all last weekend, going from house to house, etc and didn't find Lucas.

I believe they're going in a different direction and are getting organized and searching elsewhere "quietly" for reasons only LE knows. They are not sitting on their hands doing nothing.

There's more questions than answers to little Lucas' disappearance.

LE has stated and maintained all along, that this was not an abduction. We have to trust that they have evidence that one or two people who he was last seen alive with, are responsible for his being missing. Seeing that LE does not believe that he was abducted points the finger in one or possibly two directions as to who is responsible for him being gone.

I'm curious as to why LE has not yet confirmed when the father left for Texas. There has to be a reason for this not being told. Was he the last to see Lucas alive before he went missing, or was the neighbor next door? The neighbor said that he thought that she was a single mother. So was JH not around when they moved? The neighbor stated that he saw EG smoking with another man, but there is no description of this man available for anyone to say if it was the father or a different man,

We don't know if he was in school or not that week. This, to me, would be very important information, yet this isn't being shared.

We do know that bio Mom JO was in Oklahoma at the time of his disappearance. Confirmed by LE.

Neighbor also stated that a white SUV was backed up to the garage. FindLucasMom confirmed that that is the vehicle EG drives. Yet, she has a custody arrangement to which she has to have a licensed driver over the age of 18 to drive her two oldest children around and she is not allowed to leave the county with them, but was able to drive Lucas and their baby girl around without any restrictions.

After all of this, we are left with two people, his father and his girlfriend, as possibly being the last to see Lucas alive before he was seen as missing.

Good post. I do not believe the father had anything todo with Lucas's disappearance. I also don't believe he knows what the heck happened. I do believe he quite possibly turned a blind eye on the abuse claims or thought he had taken care of it or thought it was just simple discipline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces