Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a relative who works in a correctional facility in Kansas, at his facility inmates are to wear yellow jumpsuits anytime they are being transferred to court or to another facility. No clue if same in all Kansas facilities.

I also saw this:

During Monday’s court appearance, she said only “yes,” “no,” “correct” and “thank you” in response to questions and comments from District Judge Faith Maughan. She wore a yellow jail jumpsuit, which signifies that an inmate is on some type of watch, such as medical or suicide, and is checked on more often than other inmates.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article202233299.html

Lucas is probably dead.... just saying.
I believe this little boy is loved more by those of us that search for him than those that cared for him when he came up missing. That love is going to find him one way or another and bring him home to rest. I know my heart is breaking for that child.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You can absolutely buy life insurance on your kids. Dad could easily get a policy on his children. They offered it to my husband and I at the bank (a child policy on his kids) but we obviously declined because they are teens and it’s unnecessary. My old bosses wife fell for it and bought policies for their kids. With good intentions. And cancelled it once we told her what a waste of money it is. FWIW, I don’t think there is a policy on Lucas’s life. But it’s not impossible.

We have policies on each of our children for $10,000 until they are 26. It is a rider within our policy costing us no extra money.

There are different types of policies whole life and term life - you can buy a policy on a child for very very cheap and it builds a cash value over the years and can take a loan against it lowering the value of the policy to help pay for college or other expenses. You do not have to pay back the loan the face value of the policy is just lower. Many people buy these types of policies to use as an investment.

Lucas is probably dead.... just saying.

I'm not sure why you are choosing to reply to my comments with such a vulgar tone.

I am aware of this. I still want him found. His family deserves that much, atleast.

Odd question here, I realize.

Anyone here ever on the receiving end of a tip line? If a tip were to be called in that said something like “Please look for this specific license plate # on this specific video camera on a certain night” would it be be take seriously and followed up on? Or would the caller have to give their whole convoluted reasoning as to why they feel they should check that video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very heartbreaking search today at Chisholm Creek Park. Toys were found, a gray shoe that could fit a five year old, and tire tracks from a large truck found through the field we walked through. We started at 9:30 am and by 10:30am we were told to take a break on the search because those previous things I mentioned were found. They wouldn't tell us anything but said we could continue to search but not in the field. The biological mom came with another woman and two kids. She kept trying to search, but Sheila, the host of the search party kept telling her she can't because if she found something it wouldn't look good. She was emotional and imo kind of out of it. She talked alot and loud. Totally different then on TV interview. She turned in a Taco Bell receipt she found on the ground which was so old it had no date. So Sheila told her she would turn it in for her. We left around 2pm and when we left, officers were still in the field. They never left out of the field from this morning after they ordered everyone to stay out. People started getting hopeless because it is a huge area but it seems all of it has been combed, and officers got quiet on us (understandable). I'm just sad we could not find and bring him home.😿
Thank you for sharing this with us, you had a very difficult day, I hope you’re resting well tonight. I’m praying hope for Lucas constantly!

I have a relative who works in a correctional facility in Kansas, at his facility inmates are to wear yellow jumpsuits anytime they are being transferred to court or to another facility. No clue if same in all Kansas facilities.
She wasn't transported anywhere because her appearance was via camera.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Anyone here ever on the receiving end of a tip line? If a tip were to be called in that said something like “Please look for this specific license plate # on this specific video camera on a certain night” would it be be take seriously and followed up on? Or would the caller have to give their whole convoluted reasoning as to why they feel they should check that video?

I would think when it comes to a case like this, ALL leads will be followed up on, even as small as they may seem.

As for other cases, I'm not sure. Maybe LE would only follow up on leads that they feel they KNOW could lead somewhere? Example... if a caller reports that someone was seen at 12:00pm at X location, but LE knows that the defendant was at X location at 12:00pm, then they wouldn't likely follow up on that lead, know what I mean?

As specific as that sounds, I think they would give it a go.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Okay, thanks so much. I need to call something in and just want to make sure it’s taken seriously. I fear that if I were to say the whole twisted way as to how I got there with the info, they may write me off as crazy. KWIM?

I guess I don't hold the most popular opinion. I can understand how people would be upset with JH for not leaving sooner, for not saving Lucas, but I'm having a hard time pulling ANY of my anger away from EG and putting it more toward JH's direction.

Lucas's dad is a victim per TOS, but there is some MSM evidence, imo, that shows he may have been in an abusive relationship with an abusive partner.

Here is an article (unfortunately WaPo so hopefully you haven't read your limit or have a subscription) of the case of Tondalo Hall. I'm sure there are others and in some cases the woman (only minority women so far, that I've found, but have only scratched the surface on this myself) is serving a longer sentence than the abuser. Now, how in the hell that is just, is beyond me.

Lucas's dad was apparently aware of his girlfriend's ongoing custody/visitation battle. Sure, she could have lied and told him stories and half-truths. But, since he had to have known the court had denied her unsupervised visits, when his family raises concerns he can't simply believe her any more, imo. He has a duty as Lucas's guardian to know that she is telling the truth about the older boys custody in the first place. But a third party broaches the subject of abuse with that history and he goes into denial mode and fails his child. It really really sucks in some instances, imo, but even abused adults are legally expected to protect their kids it seems.

OT article
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-released-9-years-ago/?utm_term=.fde8684641bd

A battered woman will stay in prison for failing to protect her kids from her abuser. He was released 9 years ago.
By Sarah Kaplan Email the author
September 24, 2015

In 2004, Tondalo Hall was 20 years old with three kids, no degree and an abusive boyfriend.

He regularly choked her, punched her, threw objects at her and barraged her with verbal abuse, according to testimony in court documents. He kept her from her family and friends, even tried to stop her from showing affection to her kids. Whenever it seemed like she might bolt, he threatened to take her children — a son from a previous relationship, and two kids with him — and never allow her to see them again.

When he seemed to turn his ire on their children, Hall worried inwardly, but outwardly did nothing. She questioned him about a bruise on her son’s head, the sound of her daughter screaming from another room, and he explained the concerns away. Finally, when her 20-month-old son’s leg started to swell suspiciously, she brought her kids to the hospital. The young boy had a fractured femur and 12 fractured ribs; her newborn daughter also had a fractured femur, seven fractured ribs and a fractured toe.

Not long after that hospital visit in late 2004, Hall and her boyfriend, Robert Braxton Jr., were arrested and charged in the abuse of their children. Braxton pleaded guilty to hurting the infant girl and was sentenced to 10 years in prison, eight of which were suspended. He was released in 2006, according to BuzzFeed News, which profiled Hall last fall.

Hi everyone, this thread is getting long...

I will get a fresh thread ready so hang on to your posts. The new thread should be ready in about 10 minutes.

I would think when it comes to a case like this, ALL leads will be followed up on, even as small as they may seem.

As for other cases, I'm not sure. Maybe LE would only follow up on leads that they feel they KNOW could lead somewhere? Example... if a caller reports that someone was seen at 12:00pm at X location, but LE knows that the defendant was at X location at 12:00pm, then they wouldn't likely follow up on that lead, know what I mean?
When my sister was murdered the officer in charge told me that all tips had to be investigated. Even though some he knew were a waste of time. So I am sure everything is being checked out for Lucas.

Okay, thanks so much. I need to call something in and just want to make sure it’s taken seriously. I fear that if I were to say the whole twisted way as to how I got there with the info, they may write me off as crazy. KWIM?

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple"....

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I would write out important notes/points you want to bring up so you make sure you say everything you want to say.

I’m also curious and want to know more [emoji21]

You know what? No matter how crazy it might sound, reporting it is the best thing. At least you know you did your part with whatever information that you have. You never know, it might be an important lead you are providing. Please, just call it in. If they chose to do nothing with it, at least you know in your heart that you tried.

When my sister was murdered the officer in charge told me that all tips had to be investigated. Even though some he knew were a waste of time. So I am sure everything is being checked out for Lucas.

Yes that's what I said. I'm this case I'm sure all tips are being followed up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry