Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My experience and options only.

If she was willing to swing on a grown man she’d have no compunction about hitting or kicking a child. There are photographs of him with awful bruises that couldn’t logically be explained away by playground, bike, other child, whatever injuries. I’ve seen kids who have face planted on a bike and there’s always road rash with the bruising. I’ve seen kids accidentally head butted by other kids on the playground with facial bruising. It looks completely different than being hit in the face. One of mine ran out onto the playground one day at preschool smack into a plasticised picnic table and hit with her eye and brow, she bled like a stuck pig and needed a bunch of stitches but even after that the bruising certainly didn’t look like that in the pics of Lucas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are on Websleuthers, we over analyze everything. A naive dad who only gets to see his kid 3 months out of the year, likely just wants to enjoy his time with him while he's home. He's not likely to look at a bruise and say, "Uhhh, that's 1/4" too long to have been caused by a fall on the trampoline."

The pictures I have seen of Lucas are horrid, but I'll be honest, my almost 5 year old falls, bumps, hits, trips things CONSTANTLY (he's clumsy like his mom...) and at any given point, he's got 3-4 bruises on his shins, back, knees, etc. While they don't look anything like Lucas's do, I can see how a first time dad would believe that they were from an accident. Especially if she didn't abuse Lucas right in front of him, and denied any abuse while he wasn't home.

I just feel like so many people are ready to throw him under the table when we don't have any FACTS proving that he knew that Lucas was being abused by EG. We just don't. Until he says it himself, or LE uncovers the truth and he KNOWS that EG was in fact abusing him, I am having a hard time focusing on him, when the real focus needs to be on EG, because she's the one that looks guilty right now, IMO.

Also.. everyone says, "He was warned by his family, and then they stopped allowing Lucas to see them!" Well... if someone accused my husband of abusing my kids, and I REALLY didn't think he was doing it - I wouldn't allow them to see my kids, either... just saying.

Thank you so much to everyone that helped search for Lucas today! We appreciate everything you’ve done for Lucas more than you can imagine.

I will say that Jamie was given the ok to search the area by a detective. She was asked to stay away from areas where LE were waiting to look at flagged items. I wasn’t around for the receipt thing, I guess.

It bothers me so much to think that no matter what she does she’ll be picked apart. She just wants to find her son.

Geocaches are usually in water tight bins or containers. One person puts a small toy/stamp/whatever in the bin and takes one from it. There are clues or GPS coordinates to find them.

I saw this. Thank goodness! I don't geocache, so it didn't even cross my mind, but that does make a lot of sense.

Thank you🐱 I will post anything I can to keep everyone updated. Happy to see all the love and support for little Lucas.

Does anyone have a link for Lucas' dad's actual work schedule?
if so tia
I've not seem it verified anywhere in acceptable links.
jmo

I guess I don't hold the most popular opinion. I can understand how people would be upset with JH for not leaving sooner, for not saving Lucas, but I'm having a hard time pulling ANY of my anger away from EG and putting it more toward JH's direction.

I don’t know if that matters. My now husband had a policy where I was the beneficiary, before we were married. If she had his SSN she likely could take out a policy. But I don’t think she did, I doubt she was that savvy to even know how to do that. JMO
The difference there is that your husband owned the policy, it insured his own life, and he has the right to name whomever he wants as a beneficiary.

I can't buy a policy insuring the life of the kid down the block that I babysit, my boss at work, the nice guy at the cleaners, etc. I do not have an insurable interest in any of them.

I could, however, buy a policy on my own life and name them all as beneficiaries.

Insurable interest is present when an individual gets a financial or other type of benefit that is based upon the continuous existence of the insured. Therefore, a person has an insurable interest in something or someone when that loss of the insured would cause the person to suffer a financial or other type of hardship or loss.

With regard to a life insurance policy, an insurable interest is based on a relationship whereby there is a common interest in another person continuing to live or a financial loss that would result at that person’s death. Therefore, in order to insure the life of an individual, an applicant for life insurance coverage must have a greater financial concern in the insured living than in them dying.
A policy that does not constitute insurable interest is considered to be void, as well as illegal. This is because the policy would be considered a wager, and could possibly even lead to intentional destruction or harm.
When an applicant for insurance is the same person who is insured, there is no doubt that an insurable interest exists. This is because individuals are presumed to have an insurable interest in their own lives.

https://www.insurancescored.com/what-determines-an-insurable-interest-in-a-life-insurance-policy/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thank you for your selfless dedication to Lucas and your attempt to help bring the family closure. We would all be searching along with you, if we could! Question - you mentioned the police would not let you near a specific area identified during the search and that they were still there when you left (I believe?). Are you of the opinion it was something related to Lucas? Or totally unrelated but required LE presence? Just curious about your take, on that part.

IMO no... there were about 3 of them in a field. They weren’t actively looking down but looked to be chatting with one another. I think if it was thought to be linked to Lucas they would have called in back up ASAP. That didn’t happen.

I guess I don't hold the most popular opinion. I can understand how people would be upset with JH for not leaving sooner, for not saving Lucas, but I'm having a hard time pulling ANY of my anger away from EG and putting it more toward JH's direction.
Child endangerment. And this is at the very least.
How dare he leave his child with a woman who has supervised visits with her own children?
Expect more charges when Lucus is found.

The difference there is that your husband owned the policy, it insured his own life, and he has the right to name whomever he wants as a beneficiary.

I can't buy a policy insuring the life of the kid down the block that I babysit, my boss at work, the nice guy at the cleaners, etc. I do not have an insurable interest in any of them.

I could, however, buy a policy on my own life and name them all as beneficiaries.

Insurable interest is present when an individual gets a financial or other type of benefit that is based upon the continuous existence of the insured. Therefore, a person has an insurable interest in something or someone when that loss of the insured would cause the person to suffer a financial or other type of hardship or loss.

With regard to a life insurance policy, an insurable interest is based on a relationship whereby there is a common interest in another person continuing to live or a financial loss that would result at that person’s death. Therefore, in order to insure the life of an individual, an applicant for life insurance coverage must have a greater financial concern in the insured living than in them dying.
A policy that does not constitute insurable interest is considered to be void, as well as illegal. This is because the policy would be considered a wager, and could possibly even lead to intentional destruction or harm.
When an applicant for insurance is the same person who is insured, there is no doubt that an insurable interest exists. This is because individuals are presumed to have an insurable interest in their own lives.[/b]

https://www.insurancescored.com/what-determines-an-insurable-interest-in-a-life-insurance-policy/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You can absolutely buy life insurance on your kids. Dad could easily get a policy on his children. They offered it to my husband and I at the bank (a child policy on his kids) but we obviously declined because they are teens and it’s unnecessary. My old bosses wife fell for it and bought policies for their kids. With good intentions. And cancelled it once we told her what a waste of money it is. FWIW, I don’t think there is a policy on Lucas’s life. But it’s not impossible.

Thank you so much to everyone that helped search for Lucas today! We appreciate everything you’ve done for Lucas more than you can imagine.

I will say that Jamie was given the ok to search the area by a detective. She was asked to stay away from areas where LE were waiting to look at flagged items. I wasn’t around for the receipt thing, I guess.

It bothers me so much to think that no matter what she does she’ll be picked apart. She just wants to find her son.

A lot of new people are here and they don't understand the rules yet.....truly, mom is a victim and we want only to help her find Lucas. We are here for you guys ((((hugs))))

Why does this website sign off, after a short period of being idle? I was writing a post, it signed out, and now the damn post is gone. :tantrum:

I wonder if the rafters to the garage have been checked? Is there an attic?

Do we know if there was a life insurance policy taken out on Lucas? Ayla Reynolds' dad took a life insurance policy out on Ayla before he caused her to "disappear". If EG was doing drugs and owed a dealer a lot of money, she could have been looking for a life insurance policy hand-out. (Just a thought)

Has there been mentioning of when Lucas' dad left for Texas? Does anyone know, what he does for a living, and how long he usually stays away?

I am curious to if the neighbors of the previous residence were questioned? If they had lived in an apartment the neighbors would have heard EG's yelling, and whatever else.

If I had to guess, I’d say it might be your browser. I use a less traditional browser (legit and free) exclusively for Websleuths but not one of the biggies (IE, Chrome, Safari...). This eliminated the annoying “Congratulations!” Pop up. At any given time, I have 6 to 10 tabs open for WS cases I’m following. Logged in to all of them since before Thanksgiving.

Snipped.

It is sad that she is being/will continue to be picked apart. After all, she IS a victim in this.

We try to keep it very victim friendly in here.. I encourage you to turn the other cheek when people don’t abide by those rules. They are typically new users that don’t know how things run here.

I’m sorry that people try to pick out every “abnormal” move she makes. They make it seem like there is a proper way to deal with such tragedy.

Child endangerment. And this is at the very least.
How dare he leave his child with a woman who has supervised visits with her own children?
Expect more charges when Lucus is found.

Was she honest about why she had supervised visits?

From my understanding, Lucas' mom doesn't have custody of him - she only has visits as well. From what everyone has said, she isn't a bad person. She was just going through some things, and needed time to adequately take care of herself. So, just because a parent doesn't have custody of her kids, doesn't mean that they are automatically a child abuser or a bad person.

If she wasn't honest about why she only had supervised visits, then maybe JH thought it was just something as simple as not enough income, or that she decided for it to be that way. Maybe she told JH that she had supervised visits so that her ex wouldn't try to say she did something to the kids - for self protection?

I just. Ugh. I'm having a hard time with all of this. I'm having a hard time putting blame ANYWHERE else but on EG right now. Maybe that's not the right way to think. Maybe my opinion is completely flawed. I have no idea. All I know is that I want this little boy found, and I want him found now.

We are on Websleuthers, we over analyze everything. A naive dad who only gets to see his kid 3 months out of the year, likely just wants to enjoy his time with him while he's home. He's not likely to look at a bruise and say, "Uhhh, that's 1/4" too long to have been caused by a fall on the trampoline."

The pictures I have seen of Lucas are horrid, but I'll be honest, my almost 5 year old falls, bumps, hits, trips things CONSTANTLY (he's clumsy like his mom...) and at any given point, he's got 3-4 bruises on his shins, back, knees, etc. While they don't look anything like Lucas's do, I can see how a first time dad would believe that they were from an accident. Especially if she didn't abuse Lucas right in front of him, and denied any abuse while he wasn't home.

I just feel like so many people are ready to throw him under the table when we don't have any FACTS proving that he knew that Lucas was being abused by EG. We just don't. Until he says it himself, or LE uncovers the truth and he KNOWS that EG was in fact abusing him, I am having a hard time focusing on him, when the real focus needs to be on EG, because she's the one that looks guilty right now, IMO.

Also.. everyone says, "He was warned by his family, and then they stopped allowing Lucas to see them!" Well... if someone accused my husband of abusing my kids, and I REALLY didn't think he was doing it - I wouldn't allow them to see my kids, either... just saying.
Lucas is probably dead.... just saying.

Catching up. Any thoughts on Glass' charge being dated February 16 - the day before Lucas went missing? LE must have something...

You can absolutely buy life insurance on your kids. Dad could easily get a policy on his children. They offered it to my husband and I at the bank (a child policy on his kids) but we obviously declined because they are teens and it’s unnecessary. My old bosses wife fell for it and bought policies for their kids. With good intentions. And cancelled it once we told her what a waste of money it is. FWIW, I don’t think there is a policy on Lucas’s life. But it’s not impossible.

The difference is Emily is not related to Lucas.

Catching up. Any thoughts on Glass' charge being dated February 16 - the day before Lucas went missing? LE must have something...
Absolutely....light years ahead.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I have a relative who works in a correctional facility in Kansas, at his facility inmates are to wear yellow jumpsuits anytime they are being transferred to court or to another facility. No clue if same in all Kansas facilities.

I have a relative who works in a correctional facility in Kansas, at his facility inmates are to wear yellow jumpsuits anytime they are being transferred to court or to another facility. No clue if same in all Kansas facilities.

Most inmates in Sedgwick county wear orange. Even while in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member