Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #7 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it is okay for me to say this but if the reports about JH are true then I fear with the way his work schedule currently is that Lucas isn't even in Kansas. He could have easily managed to get him out of state. I've always wanted to say this but held off on it until I could. I don't know if anyone else has had this thought but me. Has it been said yet when the last time Lucas was seen by someone? I fear something happen to him before the 17th.:sigh:

what if JH and EG are in on it together, like some type of accident happened while they were both using drugs/partying? their plan was: 1. wait to report anything to make it look like a disappearance/they are victims missing their child 2. JH leaves with Lucas in his car for work so the body is hidden far away/throws off LE (im sick typing that) and 3. EG reports said disappearance. There also could be a power dynamic here - for example, maybe JH knew EG was taking the bigger risk by reporting him missing/last to see him but maybe she bends to his whims? and maybe he's the type who kept telling her "itll be fine, trust me". or maybe vice versa -maybe EG was like "we cant report this accident, ill officially lose my 3 other children, think of a plan". Keeping in mind they aren't exactly criminal masterminds, this was the best they came up with.

While this isn't my favored theory at the moment (as far as what my gut says), one thing can't be ignored: both JH and EG stood to lose A LOT if they reported Lucas death as an accident and it was ultimately ruled negligence or murder...JH had one child to lose and EG 3.

I am still thinking Strep or flu may have been involved, but haven’t heard anything about doctors reports or missed school so I am kind of in the dark about that. It is easier for me to believe that he possibly had the flu and died from complications (dehydration, leading to organ failure) than Emily physically hurting him enough to kill him. I cannot fathom that as a mother so it is harder for me to believe. Neglect to take him to the doctor is more believable for those reasons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is on my list of possibilities as well. It would help to know if he was home sick from school in the days before he disappeared.

jmo

what if JH and EG are in on it together, like some type of accident happened while they were both using drugs/partying? their plan was: 1. wait to report anything to make it look like a disappearance/they are victims missing their child 2. JH leaves with Lucas in his car for work so the body is hidden far away/throws off LE (im sick typing that) and 3. EG reports said disappearance. There also could be a power dynamic here - for example, maybe JH knew EG was taking the bigger risk by reporting him missing/last to see him but maybe she bends to his whims? and maybe he's the type who kept telling her "itll be fine, trust me". or maybe vice versa -maybe EG was like "we cant report this accident, ill officially lose my 3 other children, think of a plan". Keeping in mind they aren't exactly criminal masterminds, this was the best they came up with.

While this isn't my favored theory at the moment (as far as what my gut says), one thing can't be ignored: both JH and EG stood to lose A LOT if they reported Lucas death as an accident and it was ultimately ruled negligence or murder...JH had one child to lose and EG 3.

This is also on my list of possibilities. My brainstorming list of what happened before Lucas disappeared:

* NG physically hurt Lucas while JH out of town
* NG neglected to treat strep while JH out of town
* Either of the above while JH was home and they conspired a coverup

I don't have anything else on my list except those possibilities at the moment.

jmo

edited to add: Strep has not been confirmed. This is a brainstorming list, not facts.

Truthfully, I'm a nervous wreck, been up all night, can't sleep from anxiety. The wind is just now starting to pick up. It's the start to what's gonna be a long day.

I heard you guys got drenched in rain. So far the rain hasn't been too terrible here, I mean it's wet and been raining all night but it hasn't been a downpour. I'm not too worried about the trees falling over, they are old with thick roots, more concerned with the branches and that blasted electrical line.

Where are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get that a parent will claim the abuser has moved out of the home and won't have contact with the kids, but it is a lie for CPS to allow them to keep their kids.

I wouldn't really expect the mom to claim this to bioDad when he first brings abuse to her attention. I'd expect her to tell him to piss off and drag her feet until the court made her.

I probably should re-read it. I remember it saying something like (paraphrasing) "the injuries were blamed on rough play AGAIN kicked him out". Like this was a phone call saying WTH, and she's defending defending defending.

With the move on the 7th (interesting if that is JH's bday) I am just curious if he's on the lease. If he's not, she still didn't kick him out because of the abuse, imo, just a volatile relationship that is "on a break".

And sadly I don't think either one of them cared enough about Lucas to put his physical placement at the forefront. Especially if they broke up and kicked each other out frequently (speculation).

I wonder how JH managed to obtain reunification with Lucas. It seems that he was with biomom until 6 mos, then an extended relative. So why did JH get him back 100%? Did JH know and truly believe he could drop Lucas back off with his maternal extended family at the drop of a hat?

I know we have many members who would take in all these missing kids in a heartbeat...but the truth is, you probably aren't a foster parent and what would you really do if a complete stranger tried to leave their scared kid on your doorstep? You wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on if you took the child in.

Imo, no one knows what to do with problem breeders who don't parent and raise problem kids. I was affected (eta emotionally, not personally) by Nebraska's attempt at safe haven. Instead of recognizing a need for parents to safely surrender their older kids, the law was changed. So do we only want to help kids if we can hold their bioparents legally and financially responsible?

From Wikipedia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe-haven_law

Controversy arose out the safe-haven law enacted in Nebraska in July 2008: the Nebraska law in force at the time was interpreted to define a child as anyone under 18,[6] and resulted in the desertion of children older than infants, some as old as teenage years.[7] Under the prior version of the law, at least 35 children were dropped off in Nebraska hospitals in a four-month span, at least 5 of them from other US states.[8] The law was changed in November 2008, allowing only infants up to 30 days old to be surrendered.

Is anyone in the area able to check out how heavily trafficked the area around the house on Edgemoor is between 4 - 6 this afternoon?

EDIT - I regret using the term trafficked. Apologies

The Affidavit of Emily Glass's Ex:

In it, he claims that Emily said it was an accident and that she kicked JH out.

If it was truly an accident, why would it have prompted her to kick him out? Either it wasn't an accident, she didn't kick him out, or both.

ETA: the lease at the new/current place on Edgemoor; wouldn't JH HAVE to be on the lease? She doesn't work and as far as we are aware, has no proof of income to provide a rental company/landlord, correct?

If it was truly an accident, why would it have prompted her to kick him out? Either it wasn't an accident, she didn't kick him out, or both.

I don’t for a second believe she kicked him out.

What are you referring to? I skipped a couple of page this morning and missed this. Do you have a link? (I'll also go back to look....but sometimes people have the link open and it's easy to paste it.)

TIA!

What are you referring to? I skipped a couple of page this morning and missed this. Do you have a link? (I'll also go back to look....but sometimes people have the link open and it's easy to paste it.)

TIA!

Emily Glass's Ex (father of her two older boys) signed and submitted an affidavit about an incident that occurred on Feb 4 where JH slapped/hit/shoved? one of the boys leaving marks hours later when he saw them and he called Emily about it and she claimed it was an accident and that she had kicked JH out of the house. I'll go back and get a link. Give me a min.

It starts being discussed here around page 24 (or just before)
Here is one link to a video about it from local news.
http://www.kwch.com/video/?vid=475607173
Someone last night/early this morning posted some good screenshots/stills of the documents directly from the news video too. Those might be worth digging back to take a look at too.

I don’t for a second believe she kicked him out.

Could it be believable that they were the type to have big fights and "break up" and "kick each other out" on a regular basis?

It doesn't sound like she could support herself, but that wouldn't stop her from screaming at him to get out (but still probably not over abuse of children, imo).

First time poster but you think the police would give us more it ..have you seen this vehicle have you seen this person some information to go on to get more tips in

I know! Asking if anyone was seen running barefoot or to call in tips doesn't give us a lot to work with. How about a description of the man smoking with EG, or do they already know who it is and ruled them out as a POI?

Did she use the white SUV that day he went missing? Did anyone see her in stores, parks, gas stations, convenient stores, driving back to their old apartment to get other items, the movies, etc?

Why didn't LE put the photo out that she took of the couple standing outside her home, or did this photo not even exist?

Why didn't LE tell the public about the occurrence with JH sooner, to see if any witnesses heard or saw something happen to EG's son- did they hear screaming in the apartment, did it happen outside or in a park somewhere out in the public?

I would appreciate an update also, I am a bit lost. what have I missed.

only problem with that theory is that there would be some trace of Lucas in his vehicle- body fluids would be evident.

I keep thinking back to the neighbor, when Lucas was last seen. When EG was outside smoking with that man, where were the kids, and who was that man?

Is there a missing stroller or baby carriage?

ETA: the lease at the new/current place on Edgemoor; wouldn't JH HAVE to be on the lease? She doesn't work and as far as we are aware, has no proof of income to provide a rental company/landlord, correct?

Agree. If it was an accident, you sure as heck wouldn't kick someone out.

Me thinks they are both abusive towards their children and they cover for one another. They both know that if one talks, the other will have to do the same about the other person, and both will end up behind bars.

Time for EG to start talking. Enough is enough.

Folks, the news story that aired tonight was based on a document that was not filed with the court until February 26, 2018. Check the Butler County civil docket for Emily Glass.
attachment.php

It therefore could have nothing to do with her motivation (someone said maybe she got angry when served with this). It provides some background information regarding allegations against people, but nothing to do specifically with where Lucas is or what happened to him. Don't focus on it and don't get caught up there.

The police report we saw earlier said V1 & V2.
That tells me Lucas was alive at that point, unless she had someone else's child with her.
Could she be in jail for not reporting abuse and staying in the home?
I got a screen shot of the news. It says she kicked JH out of the home!
Hopefully the news will release the documents soon!
b077a3ea1de8210d79548ce5652251b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TIA!

I would appreciate an update also, I am a bit lost. what have I missed.

This probably took too long and has already been answered, but here is some of the info.

A couple pages back another poster had some nice screen shots, too.

Agree. If it was an accident, you sure as heck wouldn't kick someone out.

Me thinks they are both abusive towards their children and they cover for one another. They both know that if one talks, the other will have to do the same about the other person, and both will end up behind bars.

Time for EG to start talking. Enough is enough.

If they are users, it doesn't surprise me that she would say she kicked him out. This is how users talk - whatever works for them in the moment.

In another moment, when it's discovered she didn't kick him out, she will lash out if confronted - that's my bet anyway.

The problem is always the fault of someone else.

Hard to trust manipulators and hard to trust users (if she is one).

jmopinion

This probably took too long and has already been answered, but here is some of the info.

A couple pages back another poster had some nice screen shots, too.

Thank you so much for bringing so many pics and sources forward. All I could find that I had was this link and I had to dig back to page 24.

http://www.kwch.com/video/?vid=475607173

Nicely done, Zelda!!

I’m not sure if anyone has said this yet, but it was probably this incident between EG’s boys and JH that prompted her arrest. The timing of the report and her arrest is not coincidental. It was extremely critical that Lucas and the baby were included because she had not yet been stripped of access to those two like she has her older two. This is so important because if she were to make bail and she’s not formally charged with a crime against her children, by law SRS would be forced to start working towards a family reunification plan. I spent a year with SRS for my practicum several years ago and it’s common for a child to be removed from both parents who reside together even if only one was responsible for abuse. I don’t believe for a second EG kicked out JH, it was just good timing for her to claim that as they were moving from one place to another. The only way for EG to regain her visitation with her kids was to separate from the accused “abuser”. I can’t tell you how many times we’d catch a parent violating conditions in which a particular person wasn’t supposed to be around the children if they wanted to keep their kids in the home. Since the complaint was against JH however, the fact EG’s been charged with endangerment due to drugs, that accounts for the 3 charges listed against her online. Most likely she either admitted to using something or she failed a drug test. It’s very difficult to take an incident with the two boys against her for Lucas and the baby so it’s a much safer thing to find something else like drug’s instead.

I will say this, there is no question in my mind that SRS has failed many children over the years, but keep in mind the only cases you will ever hear about publicly are the bad ones. I have seen first hand all the kids who were saved and taken out of horrible situations. And because I was a MSW student I got to see the entire process-from the very first phone call all the way to termination of parental rights in court. It’s sad because parental rights trump a child’s wellbeing, and it all boils down to what you can, and what you cannot prove in court. I think the straw that broke the camel’s back for me was meeting with a parent behind bars to work a family reunification plan all because we couldn’t prove yet a child was at risk. I’m thankful for the experience because it successfully cured me from ever wanting to work in that environment again.

Anyway this is my opinion.

That and I’m wondering if there is such a thing as a “lo-jack” for kids. Some kind of GPS so I can locate my kids anytime I want.

Except that the incident wasn't reported until after her arrest, and LE has specifically stated that her charge is due to information they have regarding the 16th.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Although I take all accounts of eye witnesses, neighbors, insiders etc. with a bit of grain of salt, I'm not sure what the motivation would be for this neighbor to purposefully not be truthful. What does he stand to lose or gain?

Judging by his accent, English is likely not his first language. So, the "umms" don't strike me as odd as I find I also use a lot of fillers such as umm, hmm, uhhh, ahhh, ehh when not speaking English (my first language) because I need to put more thought into what I need to say/translate it in my head first vs having it effortlessly roll off my tongue like when I'm speaking English.

Him giving the interview vs his wife doesn't seem too odd. Definitely would have preferred to hear from the wife, but perhaps in his culture or his marriage it's preferred that he do most of the talking/interviews or perhaps she was simply camera shy, not at home when the cameras were rolling, or had no interest in being involved.

Lastly, his being awoken (and then checking on) loud noises from his children + 3 new kids who had come over to play does not seem odd to me either. He isn't well acquainted with these kids, so perhaps he was "sleeping with one eye open" to make sure everyone was behaving or that his kids weren't being treated badly or unfairly in some way. Maybe he wanted to double check that the wife still had eyes on them/was keeping a close eye on things. Maybe he got up to remind them to keep it down, who knows.
Or he was unable to sleep due to the kids playing and didn't go to check on them, but to tell the wife that they need to be quiet, he's trying to sleep?
If so, he might not want to say that in an interview.

Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads