Found Deceased KS - Marilane Carter, 36, Overland Park, enroute to Birmingham, 1 Aug, call from Memphis, 2 Aug 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so we have the arkansas state police, the tennessee bureau of investigation, the federal bureau of investigation, the US marshals office, as well as agencies in missouri, mississippi, and alabama looking for marilane. no sightings since last sight/phone drop. no car found.

has anyone heard or read of any searches taking place today? it's been quiet for days on "find marilane."

it's so odd.

moo.

so we have the arkansas state police, the tennessee bureau of investigation, the federal bureau of investigation, the US marshals office, as well as agencies in missouri, mississippi, and alabama looking for marilane. no sightings since last sight/phone drop. no car found.

has anyone heard or read of any searches taking place today? it's been quiet for days on "find marilane."

it's so odd.

moo.

add Kansas to that too (Overland Park). ITA! So strange.

Well, this is an enlightening topic right now. I am wondering how many here know more than one or two people of the Baptist faith? I am one. My uncle married a Catholic girl and my cousin is a practicing Catholic. Her confirmation was attended by our Baptist family. My brother-in-law married a Catholic girl, they are now divorced but I was at their Catholic wedding. One of my kids has a best friend who is a devout Catholic and has attended mass with her. They enjoy teaching each other about their faith. Another kid of mine is dating a guy who is Catholic. We have other family members who are Catholic and a couple of Jewish family members also. Just thought it might be interesting to you. I think many people have a misunderstanding of Baptists in general, but especially Southern Baptists. The last time it came up on a thread here some were really confusing Southern Baptists with a much more strict and severe Pentecostal type group, FWIW. Not looking to debate, only to provide a perspective.

Just a side note, today is back -to-school day here and one of my friends had picture of her pre-schooler on social media with her new teacher's name on there. Her name? Marilane. I had never heard it before this case, but there it is.

I totally agree I think people are confusing us Southern Baptists with the fundamental offshoots like the Duggars belong to. We are not like that!

I totally agree I think people are confusing us Southern Baptists with the fundamental offshoots like the Duggars belong to. We are not like that!

Agree, I grew up SB and I've done several Bible Studies with many denominations including Catholics. The only reason that her converting may have been an issue is because her husband is a pastor. JMO

The only thing new I’ve seen today is the article from the Christian Post that quotes the associate pastor saying “very few knew of her mental health struggles...it was kept very close to the chest”.

Previously he had been quoted saying the congregation didn’t know and there were “no red flags”.

@R.U.Kidding!
Memphis PD stated that her license plate did not cross either the I-55 or I-40 bridge in that area. I doubt she made it to Millington.
There is always a possibility that her plate was blocked by another vehicle or even her whole car was blocked by a large truck. I took that statement to mean they did not see it not that they were 100% sure she did not go over the bridge. But then, I would ask why would she go all the way that direction only to get gas and go back the way she came.

Well, this is an enlightening topic right now. I am wondering how many here know more than one or two people of the Baptist faith? I am one. My uncle married a Catholic girl and my cousin is a practicing Catholic. Her confirmation was attended by our Baptist family. My brother-in-law married a Catholic girl, they are now divorced but I was at their Catholic wedding. One of my kids has a best friend who is a devout Catholic and has attended mass with her. They enjoy teaching each other about their faith. Another kid of mine is dating a guy who is Catholic. We have other family members who are Catholic and a couple of Jewish family members also. Just thought it might be interesting to you. I think many people have a misunderstanding of Baptists in general, but especially Southern Baptists. The last time it came up on a thread here some were really confusing Southern Baptists with a much more strict and severe Pentecostal type group, FWIW. Not looking to debate, only to provide a perspective.

Just a side note, today is back -to-school day here and one of my friends had picture of her pre-schooler on social media with her new teacher's name on there. Her name? Marilane. I had never heard it before this case, but there it is.

Baptist here too. I know we all have different perspectives & experiences so it's interesting to hear yours, for sure.
In MC's case, I do have the distinct feeling that if she did in fact convert to RCism, her Baptist family & church would have a really hard time accepting that.
Just the impression I get, and I suspect MC might have known that as well which would likely be a huge source of stress for her.

I just hope she's found alive, safe, and will get all the help and love and support she needs.

There is always a possibility that her plate was blocked by another vehicle or even her whole car was blocked by a large truck. I took that statement to mean they did not see it not that they were 100% sure she did not go over the bridge. But then, I would ask why would she go all the way that direction only to get gas and go back the way she came.

Also in the event her plate had been tampered with or removed. I have noticed (since this case) the large amount of license plate cameras the Memphis area has.

I am a Memphis native. We have quite a few license plate cameras and standard cameras. I think if that color Acadia went across one of the two main bridges that they would probably have picked it up. Not 100% obviously.

The only thing new I’ve seen today is the article from the Christian Post that quotes the associate pastor saying “very few knew of her mental health struggles...it was kept very close to the chest”.

Previously he had been quoted saying the congregation didn’t know and there were “no red flags”.

Wonder if her mom knew or had been told it was “sleep issues”...

Is it possible that this intelligent young woman is in hiding and that all of the travel time delays and seeming confusion have merely been attempts at covering her true intentions and throwing would-be followers off the track?

Possible? Absolutely, sometimes people just walk out.
Probable? I don't think so. From what I've read about her she seems the type that wouldn't want loved ones to worry, and more importantly wouldn't want to miss her baby girl's birthday either.

jmo

Is it possible that this intelligent young woman is in hiding and that all of the travel time delays and seeming confusion have merely been attempts at covering her true intentions and throwing would-be followers off the track?

Totally possible. Given how she essentially vanishes, it might make the most sense of all right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties