Found Deceased KS - Marilane Carter, 36, Overland Park, enroute to Birmingham, 1 Aug, call from Memphis, 2 Aug 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this story also has an Ambien vibe.

Ambien caused me to get out of bed after only 3 hours-- thinking I'd overslept and if not for my security, I would have driven to my office.

Also reminds me of another 36-year-old Utah businesswoman in Florida that got out of bed after only a few hours. She put on a sweater, left her hotel room, climbed a security fence to get over the breaker wall and was found drowned the next day. The cause/manner of death was accidental drowning. She'd also taken Ambien per the toxicology report.

MOO

BBM - I thought about her too! You are right about Ambien. My BIL took it and his family would wake up to him in the kitchen eating and drinking food out of the fridge, my sister even found a pork chop bone in the bed, he didn't remember doing any of it. He quit taking it. I hope LE will release her toxicology report and official COD. The family can't prevent that, can they?

I think this story also has an Ambien vibe.

Ambien caused me to get out of bed after only 3 hours-- thinking I'd overslept and if not for my security, I would have driven to my office.

Also reminds me of another 36-year-old Utah businesswoman in Florida that got out of bed after only a few hours. She put on a sweater, left her hotel room, climbed a security fence to get over the breaker wall and was found drowned the next day. The cause/manner of death was accidental drowning. She'd also taken Ambien per the toxicology report.

MOO
My husband was almost killed by someone who was sleep-driving on Ambien & wrecked going airborne & landing right next to where my husband was standing.

I guess we will see when the tox report comes back, but a lot of people have weird reactions to Ambien.

He came across three large shipping containers partially hidden by tall grass in a field. The door on one was opened, and the uncle found the vehicle inside. He then called the sheriff’s department, and deputies, Arkansas State Police and the FBI secured the scene. A woman's body was found in the driver's seat.

This is what threw me for a loop at first. The 'ed' made it sound like he opened the doors. But whoever just posted with it rephrased to the doors were open makes me think - why the hell didn't they see a vehicle in there if they were in the area?

I'm saddened and disappointed that another life is simply gone. This poor family. I'm going to go with the fact that she didn't really know what she was doing.

If she went kookingon the phone with family saying she was lost. To me that feels like you're trying to get somewhere and not looking for a spot to kill yourself.

Had she been wanting to kill herself, she could have said: 'I'm fine, call you later'.
Also you don't go to a hotel first. Fill up with gas, get ice water etc.
I feel like she was planning to go from A to B. B. being her relatives.

We don't know what happened inside that container and how she died.
We also don't know what exactly she said during that last phonecall.
Knowing what she said during that last phone call might change my mind however.

-------------------------

She might have lied and said that she was lost in order to explain why she hadn't arrived. If she looking for a private place to end her life, she wouldn't have told that to her family. Also, she might have booked the hotel in order for it to show up on her credit card and keep her husband happy thinking she was acting "normal." He wouldn't have known how long she stayed. Lastly, a big glass of water is needed for pills, and gas is needed if you're driving around looking for a hidden place. It feels like a suicide to me. Her family said she made concerning statements which is what suicidal people do.

Last edited by a moderator:
He came across three large shipping containers partially hidden by tall grass in a field. The door on one was opened, and the uncle found the vehicle inside. He then called the sheriff’s department, and deputies, Arkansas State Police and the FBI secured the scene. A woman's body was found in the driver's seat.

This is what threw me for a loop at first. The 'ed' made it sound like he opened the doors. But whoever just posted with it rephrased to the doors were open makes me think - why the hell didn't they see a vehicle in there if they were in the area?

I'm saddened and disappointed that another life is simply gone. This poor family. I'm going to go with the fact that she didn't really know what she was doing.
The initial report said the Uncle saw a container with a door that looked like it was pried open, which then led him to open the doors & find the vehicle. They edited it shortly after that to say the doors were open since they edited the article this is JMO.

I would like to know if the door was Ajar or if it was Open (as in wide open).

If it was Ajar, it seems difficult to figure out how it swung to cover most of the opening once the car was in there. It would also be easier to have accumulated enough exhaust to provide a fatal level of carbon monoxide.

It is easier to visualize how it happened if it was actually Open, but then it's harder to explain how one could accumulate enough exhaust to cause carbon monoxide poisoning unless the exhaust had been deliberately plugged up.

Last edited:
BBM - I thought about her too! You are right about Ambien. My BIL took it and his family would wake up to him in the kitchen eating and drinking food out of the fridge, my sister even found a pork chop bone in the bed, he didn't remember doing any of it. He quit taking it. I hope LE will release her toxicology report and official COD. The family can't prevent that, can they?
^^bbm

The Coroner's office will determine both the cause of death and manner of death. If this is not a homicide or criminal investigation, the autopsy is public record in the state of Arkansas, and subject to disclosure under the public records law.

Code § 36-12-1 (2001), records of the county coroner's autopsies are public records subject to disclosure under the Public Records Law, unless there is a pending criminal investigation and the disclosure of their information will compromise the investigation.

A. Autopsy and coroners reports Archives - The Reporters ...
www.rcfp.org › open-government-sections › a-autopsy-and-coroners-...

#breaking: NEW DETAILS: Authorities say the ignition in Carter’s car was turned to the ‘on’ position, which leads them to believe carbon monoxide poisoning. They say all evidence points to suicide.
@3onyourside

https://twitter.com/LukeJonesTV/status/1296200837300129792

Based on what her family said about her emotional and mental state, investigators believe Carter drove herself into the shipping container and left the engine running. Body believed to be her’s found in the driver’s seat.
@3onyourside

https://twitter.com/LukeJonesTV/status/1296202469295493122

"Chief Deputy Todd Grooms said in a press conference Tuesday that a body was found in a field previously searched. Searchers had seen the storage units, but didn’t look inside because they assumed the units were locked."

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article245083150.html#storylink=cpy

Call me crazy but deciding not to look inside because "they assumed the containers were locked" would indicate that someone wasn't taking the search seriously.

Wouldn't LE at least step close and sniff?

What made the uncle look inside and if they were locked how did he do that?

"Chief Deputy Todd Grooms said in a press conference Tuesday that a body was found in a field previously searched. Searchers had seen the storage units, but didn’t look inside because they assumed the units were locked."

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article245083150.html#storylink=cpy

Call me crazy but deciding not to look inside because "they assumed the containers were locked" would indicate that someone wasn't taking the search seriously.

Wouldn't LE at least step close and sniff?

What made the uncle look inside and if they were locked how did he do that?
Probably the one-way tire tracks in the grassy field. What a sad story. Heartbreaking for her very young children. :(

Thank you for the compassionate post. I have battled depression too, starting over 20 years ago. I know this thread is about Marilane, not about mental illness, but I would like to hear others’ thoughts as to why we mask our depression and anxiety.
Is it because we’re afraid of being a burden?

Feeling worthless, helpless and hopeless are inherent in clinical depression so I think people don't feel worthy of others' attention and don't feel it would help anyway.

MM, I'm sorry you've dealt with this for 20 years. I was fortunate more than forty years ago to be introduced to the work of Dr. Albert Ellis and Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy. You can read one of his first works, A New Guide to Rational Living online. I wish you the best on your journey. I promise to pray for you.

Last edited:
Crittenden County authorities find body, vehicle matching missing Kansas woman

West-Memphis-Body-Found.00_00_00_00.Still003.jpg

2A67353DADCC47EF96E2851633C6C103.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics