KS KS - Megan Foglesong, 22, Alden, 25 Nov 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JANUARY 21, 2018: Loved ones hold balloon release for missing Oneida woman

"We've been out there three or four times searching for her body. We can't find any of her personal belongings or anything," said Lykes.

Her case was being investigated as foul play. Last year a search warrant was executed by the Rice County Sheriff's Office but no charges were filed.

"Somebody out there in Alden, Kansas knows something. Come forth and let us have peace in our family. That's what I want: peace and to bring her home," said Lykes.

Her case was turned over to the Kansas Bureau of Investigation, but her family says there have been no new leads on her whereabouts.

Tom Loewy: Three years, no leads in Megan Foglesong case
The words that follow probably won’t make a difference.

Words don’t find people.

With that stark fact established, I’m simply going to spend a little time reminding you of Megan Foglesong, a one-time softball player from ROWVA High School who moved to a small town of Alden in the middle of Kansas and disappeared.

Her last day of Facebook activity was Oct. 30, 2015. Friends in Alden may have heard from her after that time, but law enforcement hasn’t released a complete narrative.

No leads. I hate reading that. :(

A deputy with the Rice County Sheriff’s Department in Kansas, Brian Treastor, confirmed in July 2017 that foul play was suspected in her disappearance. Treastor declined several media attempts for further comment on specific details because it could interfere with both this case and another still under investigation.

Treastor said the Foglesong case was turned over to the Kansas Bureau of Investigation in July 2017. The KBI has repeated it has “no leads” in Megan’s case.

So Dawn, Megan’s family and all her friends are left with maddening words like “missing” and “disappeared” and “vanished.” They lay down to sleep at night with rumors of body disposals and other missing people from Alden who could provide clues in Megan’s case.

Missing in Kansas: Megan Foglesong
KAKE News reached out to the KBI for any update on the case, but we’re waiting to hear from their lead investigator overseeing it.

Friends and family continue to share Foglesong’s story on a Facebook group Bring Megan Home. They fear foul play was involved with her disappearance.

FEB 5, 2019
MISSING IN KANSAS: Search for Megan Foglesong
On the day that she would have turned 25, people gathered in honor of Megan Foglesong. Megan disappeared more than three years ago in Alden, Kan.

“She was full life, energetic, was pretty happy go lucky,” said friend Aaron Bagby, who went to the Kansas vigil. At the same time, a separate vigil was hosted in Oneida, Ill., where Megan spent much of her life growing up. A group sang a somber “Happy Birthday” and prayed, hoping to keep Megan’s memory alive.

Aaron got to know Megan in the months before her disappearance, in November or December 2015. In a small town like Alden, where about 150 people live, he said a case like this is unnerving.

“It's shocking, you know. It's scary,” he said. “To learn anything… to give answers to her family. I couldn't imagine how her mom feels. It would be miraculous. Ease their heartache.”

Yet, not much has turned up over the years. There have been six large searches and some small ones too, said former Rice County Under sheriff Brian Treaster. A search warrant was executed at a man’s home in February 2017 in Alden. Foul play has been suspected, though, investigators cannot say why. To this day, no arrests have been made.

Brian has helped some of those search efforts, even after leaving the department.

“It's difficult not to be able to tell them anything of what's going on or where she's at, or give them the closure that they would like to have, Brian said.

“Somebody knows something,” Aaron said. “and I pray that that some point that they find it in them to come forward with you know any kind of knowledge that could help ease the family's heartbreak.”

FEB 5, 2019
Annette Lawless
"It's perhaps the most beautiful, yet saddest tribute I've seen in a long time.

Recently, I met with three people behind a vigil for a missing woman, Megan Foglesong. She disappeared three years ago, and on a chilly day, they gathered to celebrate her birthday. One of the past few she has not celebrated with those close to her."

Megan Renee Foglesong
NamUs #MP32549
Original
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Missing Age 21 Years
Current Age 25 Years
Height 5' 3" - 5' 6" (63 - 66 Inches)
Weight 140 - 170 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Hair Color Sandy
Head Hair Description Naturally sandy blonde but does dye her hair on occasion.
Eye Color Green
Eye Description Wears glasses but has contact lenses as well.
Eyewear Impaired vision. Should wear glasses or contacts but may not have them.
Piercings Ears, tongue and belly button
Scar/mark Long scar on right thigh from being cut as a child and received 19 stitches.
Tattoo Infinity sign on upper right chest; Flower on left hip; Dream catcher down side of left calf; Heart design on right wrist that reads "thick thin".
Jewelry Wore infinity necklace quite often
Transportation Does not own a vehicle.
Date of Last Contact November 25, 2015
NamUs Case Created February 13, 2016
Last Known Location Map
County Rice County
Circumstances of Disappearance Megan was last seen in Alden, KS in late November or early December, 2015. Her last activity on Facebook was on 11/30/2015.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Just making some notes from these older articles before they go poof.
  • Megan graduated ROWVA High School, Oneida IL in 2012
  • Her mother said the last time she able to “track” her daughter was in early December.
  • The last number Megan called her from in November goes straight to voicemail and texts come back as expired, so she concludes someone is paying the phone bill.
  • Last known whereabouts was Alden KS, but she was also possibly in Great Bend, Ellinwood or Larned at the time of her disappearance.
  • She has not had any contact with family or friends since her disappearance. There has been no cell phone activity or social media contact.
  • Law enforcement officials fear foul play may be involved.

Cop Shop (12/3)

this was sent to me by someone following the case on facebook... please delete if not allowed, but this is interesting....
Article (police blotter) dated Dec 4, 2014:

Barton County Sheriff’s Office Service Log (12/3)

Kidnapping
At 5:06 p.m. at 464 SE 110 Avenue there was a report of David Madden kidnapping his ex-girlfriend Megan against her will and they are en route to Alden. Advised the subject has taken her before by gunpoint and placed her in a straight jacket and threatened and beat her before.
Foul play suspected in disappearance of Kansas woman

Foul play suspected in disappearance of Kansas woman
Article dated July 11, 2016:

[...]

Friends and family of Foglesong in both her hometown area of Oneida, Illinois and in Kansas have been active in assisting law enforcement, utilizing social media and other outlets to look for clues to her disappearance. A Facebook page called “Bring Megan Home” is frequently updated with hopeful posts and requests for information.

According to WQAD, Rice County Sheriff’s Deputy Brian Treastor confirmed Friday that foul play was suspected in her disappearance. Treastor said he could not give specific details because it could interfere with both this case and another still under investigation.

Treastor said the Foglesong case will be turned over to the Kansas Bureau of Investigation.

Article dated October 3, 2016:

[...]

How she disappeared from a small town in the middle of Kansas with a population of roughly 150 is a mystery that starts with the desire to be reunited with a biological parent and includes a looming fear of an allegedly abusive boyfriend.

“I’m Megan’s stepmother,” Dawn explained Monday. “But she’s been my daughter since she was 9 years old — that was three years after Todd (Foglesong, Megan’s father) and I got married.

According to Megan’s longtime friend Maranda Hootman, Dawn and Megan were “very close.”

“I’ll be honest — Dawn was Megan’s mother,” Maranda said. “Megan originally moved here with her father because there were problems. Dawn just loved her like one of her own.”

Maranda said she and Megan became friends in late grade school and the early part of junior high.

“It’s funny because I don’t think we liked each other at first,” Maranda said. “She knew all my dirty little secrets and I thought I knew hers. We were best friends all through high school and we stayed very close, even when she moved to Kansas the first time.

Megan’s first move to Alden was in 2012, after graduation. And it came as a surprise.

“Megan was set to go to college and play softball,” Dawn explained. “And then she got a chance to go visit her (biological) mother.

“And the next thing we knew, Megan said she was moving to Alden. We didn’t expect that.”

There are indications Megan developed personal problems in Alden. Friends admitted she started using methamphetamine while living there.

Megan also met a man in Alden who became her boyfriend.

Dawn and Maranda learned of the Megan’s problems when her daughter returned to Oneida in late 2014.

Dawn said it was hard to get Megan to open about her time in Alden. Maranda heard some of the story.

“Megan came back to get away from (her mother) and to get away from (her boyfriend). She told me that,” Maranda said. “I know she was being abused by her boyfriend and she got help from a woman in Alden.

“That woman drove her halfway home, and Megan’s father drove the other half and brought her back.”

According to Maranda, Megan found happiness back in Oneida. She got a job and started dating Maranda’s brother.

“We were all back together,” Maranda said. “She did say she was scared of her boyfriend. She was afraid of him and glad to be out of (Alden). I thought things were going well here.

“Megan never told me about any plans to leave — and never said anything about going back to Kansas.”

Dawn said in June 2015 Megan returned to Alden and her biological mother.

“Megan never said anything about going back,” Dawn said. “One day she was just gone.”

Maranda said she didn’t know her best friend left until she saw pictures of Megan in Alden posted on Megan’s Facebook page.

“I contacted Megan and she said her (biological) mother got a hold of her and didn’t want there to be ‘bad blood’ between them,” Maranda said. “So she was back in Kansas.”

Dawn said her daughter fell out of contact in late November — and Megan wasn’t posting anything to Facebook.

Megan’s last day of Facebook activity, according to Dawn, was Nov. 30. A friend in Kansas said she received a text from Megan simply stating “I’m OK.”

As Christmas passed, Dawn was fighting to have Megan reported as missing. After months, Dawn convinced authorities to consider Megan a missing person.

[...]

This summer, Dawn learned the KBI think Megan’s disappearance could be linked to a missing man. But Dawn hasn’t been given any other information. There are endless questions, many rumors and no answers.

[...]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j@nky