MISTRIAL KS - Mike Sisco, 47, & Karen Harkness, 53, murdered, Topeka, 7 July 2002 *2nd retrial*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the update. This is wonderful news. Sad it took so long but thank god she has been arrested.

Reminds me of the Laurie Bembenek Story except I feel she was innocent.
Also, Betty Brodrick, who is guilty and serving time.

Goz

Wonderful news! Great job LE!!!

that is GREAT news! I just watched this on ID... strange coincidence!

I saw it on ID last night and I had to call my brother today to ask him about it. My father and brother know the fiance's brother. They didn't know it until the murders happened. My brother met her brother at a trade show with his boss who knows the brother fairly well. My father knew him because, IIRC, the brother and possibly the father attended my father's church at the time.

Her brother is the one who removed the wine bottles from the closet and he feels horrible about having done that. He realized later that her fingerprints and DNA were probably on those bottles. Hopefully they'll be able to convict her without that evidence needed.

Me too, I felt so sad for the son and daughter, I'm so glad they went ahead with arresting her.Next thing will be to get a conviction which unfortunately may tough with the lack of proper forensics done at the scene, another circumstantial case....

Here's an article about the latest in the case. Her trial begins March 5th.

http://www.wibw.com/crime/headlines/Evidence_Thrown_Out_Of_Topeka_Double_Murder_Case_139114104.html

Posted: 2:59 PM Feb 10, 2012
Evidence Thrown Out Of Topeka Double Murder Case
It's a powerful statement that jurors in a Topeka double murder case will never hear.
Reporter: Suzie Gilbert
Email Address: suzie.gilbert@wibw.com

...Parrish did allow the state to admit Chandler's phone records as evidence, as well as some statements Chandler made to her two kids, that were recorded.

On Friday, prosecutors said investigators removed the seats from Chandler's car, but didn't find any blood or hair.

Prosecutors say they're still waiting on lab results to come back for a hair found at the murder scene.

The state has endorsed, and could call 350 witnesses to the stand. The jury trial starts March 5th.

She's a wackadoodle and I hope she gets the maximum she can get. My brother was happy to hear about this and I told him I'd keep him updated on the case.

http://cjonline.com/news/2012-02-10/chandler-jurors-hear-cell-phone-testimony

Chandler jurors to hear cell phone testimony
Posted: February 10, 2012 - 11:12am

...Deputy district attorney Jacqie Spradling said the cellphone records were obtained during an inquisition that included subpoenas.

The Supreme Court ruling in January doesn't apply to phone records, Spradling said. Parrish denied the Chandler motion to suppress the cellphone records.

The judge also denied a defense motion to suppress a taped statement of Chandler when Hailey Sisco, the daughter of Chandler and Mike Sisco, wore a wire as she asked her mother questions. Hailey Sisco questioned her mother on Oct. 1, 2005, inside a Denver restaurant....

It's Strange that i saw this just friday or saturday night and thier was no update in the 48 hours episode .In a matter of hours they can do one of whitney houston dying and in 9 years they can't throw in a written update in this case ..

It's Strange that i saw this just friday or saturday night and thier was no update in the 48 hours episode .In a matter of hours they can do one of whitney houston dying and in 9 years they can't throw in a written update in this case ..

If you saw it on ID it's probably the same one I saw. The part about her being arrested was silent with a black background at the very end of it. That's what compelled me to call my brother.

Oh Makes sence..I wasn't watching ID though I seen it on actually i forget lol but it's the same thing they do every saturday they re'run a whole bunch of cases all day like a marathon.. It was prolly just a old copy of the show before it's been updated at the end..Oh Well glad for that one daughter exspecially the one that taped all phone calls she seemed like she was still having a hard time with it so i hope it brings some kinda closure ..

http://cjonline.com/news/2012-02-28/judge-rules-what-jurors-can-hear-chandler-trial

Judge rules what jurors can hear in Chandler trial
Posted: February 28, 2012 - 5:48pm

...Parrish found that prosecutors could present evidence of:

■ The following and harassing of Sisco and his obtaining a protection-from-abuse order in 1998.

■ The entering of the Sisco home.

■ Arguing with Sisco and Harkness.

■ Peeking into the Sisco home.

■ Frequent phoning of Sisco and Harkness.

The prior crimes were more probative than prejudicial to Chandler, the judge wrote.

Parrish denied allowing prosecutors to present evidence:...

I hope they've got (a LOT) more evidence than what they've released.:nerves:

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/...e_In_Dana_Chandler_Murder_Case_144044926.html

Posted: 6:34 PM Mar 23, 2012
DA Will Seek Maximum Sentence In Dana Chandler Murder Case
Prosecutors say they will seek the stiffest possible punishment for Dana Chandler, convicted in a nearly ten-year old double murder case.
Reporter: Giang Nguyen

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - Prosecutors say they will seek the stiffest possible punishment for Dana Chandler, convicted in a nearly ten-year old double murder case.

Jurors delivered the verdict Thursday, finding Chandler guilty in the murders of her ex-husband Mike Sisco and his fiancee Karen Harkness.

Shawnee County District Attorney Chad Taylor said prosecutors will seek two life sentences to run consecutively. A life sentence carries a minimum of 25 years, for a total of 50 years Chandler would have to serve before being considered for parole....

Anyone know when the sentencing is to be given?

I hope it's fifty and she dies in prison so her kids don't have to worry about her anymore. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back