KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like everyone else, I too thought the ex- was the natural person to have had a hand in this. But let's assume for a minute that that is not the case.

Let's assume this was a straight home invasion/burglary, one which went wrong. If this was the case, it could explain the most baffling aspect of the case, to me---why Mrs. K. was removed from the home. If this were a retaliation crime, surely she would not have been, as it would complicate matters for the perp(s) to take someone with them.

But in a burglary, it might make sense---Mrs. K. refused to go gently along with the crime, fought back hard, and may have escaped the initial scene and run into the yard. From there, it may have been expeditious for the perp(s) to remove her not back to the house, but to the vehicle he/they came in. This could also explain why nothing was taken from the house---the getaway was in progress once they'd recovered control of the scene, and the perp(s) fled.

This scenario might also explain the presence of the distinctive money-clip. I'm hoping LE is doing their due diligence on that piece and checking it against records of other burglaries in the area (not only in KS, but in rural MO, NE, and IA) in terms of what was taken. A perp might have stolen that in other break-in, slipped it into his pocket, and forgotten about it. Then, if he wore, say, the same jacket to another crime, the money-clip may have slipped out during the ensuing fracas. It's pocket-sized, it's the sort of thing a criminal would latch onto, and it's easily lost.

I'm thinking that, if they can locate that clip as an item missing in another burglary, LE may be on the path of finding out who did this.

Prayers for all.

The money clip could have been planned to throw everyone off too.. something that they never used and picked up somewhere 20 years ago and had in a junk drawer.... plant it at the scene (or plan to plant it at the scene) and make everyone chase a blind lead... I don't watch CSI or anything, but I read a lot and since I think about this case and your family a lot, I come up w/ all kinds of scenarios. You've been on my minds all day again. I went to bed asking my husband to brainstorm w/ me where she could be and your mom was the first thing on my mind this morning. We are all praying with you and FOR YOU all for some news.

Great questions, Raeann, and I thought about that too, Daisy May, particularly since the 1922 Peace Dollar used in the clip is not a rare coin at all. Does anyone know where that money-clip was found, in relation to the scene of the crime?

(I particularly thought the gimme cap might have been planted since those things are so easy to come by.)

Oh, and one other thing: if it's like most are assuming, why wasn't it staged to look like a robbery, with things being taken?

I lived in San Antonio for eight years, and read of countless cases when home invaders didn't care if anyone was there or not---they were drugged up and just got in either by ringing the bell or opening the door or breaking down the door. These acts took place both in the city and in the country. It frequently appeared that there was no forethought whatsoever as to what might have been available to steal---the idea was just locate a residence, then smash and grab. If circumstances had have gotten out of hand, this would account for nothing being taken.

We in rural areas---where I grew up, and where I now live---tend to think that the world is a rational place. But it's not, especially when dealing with drug addicts.

I just hope Mrs. K. will be found safe and sound. And more prayers toward that end. I'm a born and bred Kansan, and this doesn't set well with me at all.

I do realize that if drugs are involved, then there's no point in trying to make sense of how and why this happened. There are drugs around here but not a lot of crime associated with them, other than possession. It still is so ironic to me that this happened to my Mom, of all people, that she finally had a good, happy life, and being as cautious as she is, only to have some person abduct her from her home. That sounds so crazy even as I type it, because things like this just don't happen around here.

Today, I walked around her yard and sat in her chair and just begged God to please give us some answers...let us see where she is. I can't believe that Thanksgiving is only a few days away and possibly she won't be with us for it. Is it bad to say that I really, really don't like Thanksgiving anymore? I remember 2 yrs ago, after Taylor passed away, Thanksgiving fell exactly 2 weeks after her death. It was the most awful day that I can ever remember, so sad it just made you sick to your stomach, and now it's happening all over again.

Someone out there knows something - PLEASE HELP US TO FIND HER.

I lived in San Antonio for eight years, and read of countless cases when home invaders didn't care if anyone was there or not---they were drugged up and just got in either by ringing the bell or opening the door or breaking down the door. These acts took place both in the city and in the country. It frequently appeared that there was no forethought whatsoever as to what might have been available to steal---the idea was just locate a residence, then smash and grab. If circumstances had have gotten out of hand, this would account for nothing being taken.

We in rural areas---where I grew up, and where I now live---tend to think that the world is a rational place. But it's not, especially when dealing with drug addicts.

I just hope Mrs. K. will be found safe and sound. And more prayers toward that end. I'm a born and bred Kansan, and this doesn't set well with me at all.

Here is part of an earlier post of mine:

Nothing taken from her house, a struggle takes place on the porch. One of the dogs alerted at the end of the sidewalk where we assume she was put into a vehicle. They get down the driveway and head west where about 1/2 mile down the road, she manages to get away from them and evidence is left at the scene. Dogs lost the scent about another mile and a half down the road continuing west. Question: if someone wanted her "out of the way" why did they not just do something to her at the front door and leave her there? When she fought back and got away from them down the road, why didn't they just cut their losses and let her go, or take her life then and leave her there? Why were they so intent on TAKING her with them? She was so cautious, she would NOT have opened the door to a stranger, unless they tricked her somehow but I can't imagine how they did it. She would have seen and heard a vehicle driving up her driveway, even w/ it's lights off, and if it did have the lights off, she would have been on her phone calling us. So did she know this person, open the door to them, and then things went really wrong? It is impossible to imagine who she knows who would do something like this. We circle and circle back around to the same answers every time. It just makes no sense.

You'd just think if they were drugged up, they would have given up when she got out of the vehicle and got the heck out of there.

Did she keep any financial records at her job? Or perhaps for any kind of church or charitable organization? In other words, was there any possibility that she had come upon some kind of incriminating information about someone else? It just seems that they needed her, and alive, to go with them somewhere. So, I was thinking about a case where she would be able to withdraw funds that the person could not get access to without her being there. Or did she have the keys or code to anything that they would need her to actually help them get into some place of interest to them?

Just thinkin' here about some possibilities.

As far as the evidence released - the money clip and ballcap - I think LE is pretty sure they are the personal belongings of someone involved in this.

As far as her two part-time jobs, no she would not have anything to do w/ anything personal - no financial records, etc. She had a cleaning job for a local business and those people I know personally, and a packing job for a moving company where she worked w/ a team of people and sometimes didn't even meet the people who the stuff belonged to. Not that anything is a sure thing but LE has looked into it. She worked at the packing job w/ one of her best friends, and the best friends' family owns the company.

Great questions, Raeann, and I thought about that too, Daisy May, particularly since the 1922 Peace Dollar used in the clip is not a rare coin at all. Does anyone know where that money-clip was found, in relation to the scene of the crime?

(I particularly thought the gimme cap might have been planted since those things are so easy to come by.)

Oh, and one other thing: if it's like most are assuming, why wasn't it staged to look like a robbery, with things being taken?

Good question - was it not well planned, or they're not that smart, or it wasn't important.

I grew up in a rural / farming community too, and most break-ins/thefts are for things that are easily sold....tools, quads, electronics....I just have a hard time seeing anybody attacking Pat, abducting her, and then leaving empty-handed had theft been a motive.
Rita, you're all in our thoughts tonight. Hugs from afar to all of you and yours.
Dee

Thank you. I wish we knew something. I know this is as hard on her friends as it is our family.

You tell your kids that monsters aren't real...how do you explain this to them?

eyestowardHeaven: you're marvelous, and thank you for taking the time to answer these questions.

eyestowardHeaven: you're marvelous, and thank you for taking the time to answer these questions.

Not marvelous at all - totally desperate. It's helpful to get others' perspective on what has happened, and maybe someone will come up w/ an idea that our family hasn't yet. We keep coming back to the same answers, time and time again.

Not marvelous at all - totally desperate. It's helpful to get others' perspective on what has happened, and maybe someone will come up w/ an idea that our family hasn't yet. We keep coming back to the same answers, time and time again.

Everyone who has posted here wishes that we, collectively, could somehow provide the key to unlock this case. I comment on several of the WS threads, but your mom's case affects me the most because it's from my home state, and I thus feel a deeper connection. I know it's a cliche, and that bad stuff does happen---but this just isn't supposed to happen in my Kansas.

As far as the evidence released - the money clip and ballcap - I think LE is pretty sure they are the personal belongings of someone involved in this.

As far as her two part-time jobs, no she would not have anything to do w/ anything personal - no financial records, etc. She had a cleaning job for a local business and those people I know personally, and a packing job for a moving company where she worked w/ a team of people and sometimes didn't even meet the people who the stuff belonged to. Not that anything is a sure thing but LE has looked into it. She worked at the packing job w/ one of her best friends, and the best friends' family owns the company.
Rita.. this makes me think more and more that this was deeply personal.. like her ex husband. Sorry to say it.. but who else could do this to her? Who has already hurt her in the past? Who could hurt her again?

Rita, honey, I'm about in tears for you tonight. We all want to do SOMETHING for you, and it seems like we are just standing by helpless - all I have to offer is words. Please know that even though we are friends you have yet to meet, that we are surrounding you with love and prayers.
Peace to you and yours.
Dee

The comments about a soda by the computer with her purse and cell phone there lead me to believe it was personal and sudden. From her posts throughout the day on my group, I can just imagine her getting home from a day out with her friends, letting the dog out, firing up the computer, popping open a soda and sitting down to catch up on the email and see what was going on with her online groups, particularly mine. I can't see the robbery aspect at all. She was very obviously home and settled in. She hadn't got for a walk around outside, or to feed the donkey, she was home and very present and seems to have been using the time between her day and her evening plans to catch a moment and relax. What would pull her from the computer without suspicion? A vehicle she recognized? Something that wouldn't make her suspicious? If it was the ex's or someone the ex knows, would she have gone to the door with the phone in hand? If it was a stranger, would she have? A stranger in distress? After 5pm it should have been darkening. What would have made her open the door without distress, yet show a struggle on the porch? And the door to the house sounds like it was shut behind her, so she wasn't yanked off the porch or if she was someone else had to shut the door to keep the dog in. So whoever it was likely lured her out on to the porch to talk, and she likely kept the dog back and in the house. Some sense of security in doing that, shutting the door behind her and the phone?

So many questions swimming, can't figure out the answers :(

Everyone who has posted here wishes that we, collectively, could somehow provide the key to unlock this case. I comment on several of the WS threads, but your mom's case affects me the most because it's from my home state, and I thus feel a deeper connection. I know it's a cliche, and that bad stuff does happen---but this just isn't supposed to happen in my Kansas.

Rita, honey, I'm about in tears for you tonight. We all want to do SOMETHING for you, and it seems like we are just standing by helpless - all I have to offer is words. Please know that even though we are friends you have yet to meet, that we are surrounding you with love and prayers.
Peace to you and yours.
Dee

Thank you both.

Rita.. this makes me think more and more that this was deeply personal.. like her ex husband. Sorry to say it.. but who else could do this to her? Who has already hurt her in the past? Who could hurt her again?

I know...and that was our first thought from the very beginning. Just my opinions: I rule him out doing it himself due to the fact that he gave dna. Honestly, I haven't talked to him in a very long time, until recently when my Grandma was in the hospital, then it was only briefly and he was drunk. Does he still have bitterness? I don't know. If he paid someone to do it, why would they not just harm her and leave her there? Why go to the trouble and risk of taking her? How I can see him indirectly involved is that he is an alcoholic and people close to him have warned him about being so drunk that he doesn't even remember what he's done the next day. I can picture him sitting in a bar running his mouth, saying he wishes she was dead (and he HAS done this very thing), and maybe someone gets the idea that they'll help him out, or maybe even get some money out of it by kidnapping her. But we still come back to the old question - WHO did she open the door to?

The comments about a soda by the computer with her purse and cell phone there lead me to believe it was personal and sudden. From her posts throughout the day on my group, I can just imagine her getting home from a day out with her friends, letting the dog out, firing up the computer, popping open a soda and sitting down to catch up on the email and see what was going on with her online groups, particularly mine. I can't see the robbery aspect at all. She was very obviously home and settled in. She hadn't got for a walk around outside, or to feed the donkey, she was home and very present and seems to have been using the time between her day and her evening plans to catch a moment and relax. What would pull her from the computer without suspicion? A vehicle she recognized? Something that wouldn't make her suspicious? If it was the ex's or someone the ex knows, would she have gone to the door with the phone in hand? If it was a stranger, would she have? A stranger in distress? After 5pm it should have been darkening. What would have made her open the door without distress, yet show a struggle on the porch? And the door to the house sounds like it was shut behind her, so she wasn't yanked off the porch or if she was someone else had to shut the door to keep the dog in. So whoever it was likely lured her out on to the porch to talk, and she likely kept the dog back and in the house. Some sense of security in doing that, shutting the door behind her and the phone?

So many questions swimming, can't figure out the answers :(

Ditto, to all those questions. Can you tell me what time her last post was with your group????

Rita,

Any reaction from the reward money yet? Was really hoping that would induce someone to come forward. Glad to hear KHP is on the search again.

Am still praying hard for your Mom and all of you. I miss her.

They tell us there are some leads coming in but whether they are good or not, I don't know. Yes...she is very missed. So much it hurts.

I wished I had something helpful to add here. I don't. I just wanted to let you know that until yesterday, after meeting you, none of this seemed "real" to me. I was helping search for a beloved mother and grandmother that I didn't know. I felt unconnected to anything. I hope this isn't coming across as cold and that you can hear what I'm trying to say. After seeing you and your siblings yesterday, I can't get your family and mom off of my mind. You were there before but now you are there constantly. I pray that the Lord eases your pain. My heart is breaking for ya'all. The only thing that I can do is pray and praying I am doing.

May the Lord grant you and your family peace and rest this evening,
G~

Phillipians 4:4-9 4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

I do realize that if drugs are involved, then there's no point in trying to make sense of how and why this happened. There are drugs around here but not a lot of crime associated with them, other than possession. It still is so ironic to me that this happened to my Mom, of all people, that she finally had a good, happy life, and being as cautious as she is, only to have some person abduct her from her home. That sounds so crazy even as I type it, because things like this just don't happen around here.

Today, I walked around her yard and sat in her chair and just begged God to please give us some answers...let us see where she is. I can't believe that Thanksgiving is only a few days away and possibly she won't be with us for it. Is it bad to say that I really, really don't like Thanksgiving anymore? I remember 2 yrs ago, after Taylor passed away, Thanksgiving fell exactly 2 weeks after her death. It was the most awful day that I can ever remember, so sad it just made you sick to your stomach, and now it's happening all over again.

Someone out there knows something - PLEASE HELP US TO FIND HER.

Rita, it is *not* bad to not like holidays w/o your loved ones...My heart goes out to you & your family...do what you have to do to get through one day at a time, just being there for your mom.

I wish I knew what else to say to comfort or encourage you.

(((hugs)))

Are there any employees at the packing company that she might have had a disagreement? Sometimes the drivers and/or other support teams of those types of companies are not, how do I put this delicately, of the best reputation. Did she work with other people at the cleaning job (other than the people you know) with whom she might have had a disagreement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member