KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that Rita said Pat's car was in the driveway but also thought I had read about cars in the garage..I thought she might have gone to the car to get something or put the car in the garage.

Her truck, which she doesn't use as much as the jeep, is parked off the side of the driveway. The jeep she parks in the basement. She would have pulled into the basement when she got home. Most likely she had already fed the donkey that day or she fed him as soon as she got home and then went thru the basement and locked up behind her.

Something Lonnie (my husband) thought of: the 5 acres south of Mom belongs to us and sometimes some of our equipment would be parked there. One time a friend was going to borrow the bobcat so Lonnie called and let Mom know and she thanked him so that she didn't have to worrry about who was out there. Another time the kids and I were out there visiting (about 6 months ago or so), she mentioned that someone had gone by real slow on the road and she thought they may even have stopped by the mailbox, so she asked me to stop to see if there was something in it, which I did and it was empty. So, again, she was just a very cautious person and noticed a lot. I think if she was outside and someone was coming down the driveway, in the dark, and she wasn't expecting someone, she would have gone in the house and waited to see who it was.

Utilities workers, or someone posing as same, have a natural reason to be on the property and could manufacture a reason for getting a door opened to them. Any authority figure (or, again, someone posing as one) sometimes automatically will be trusted.

True. I guess that leaves it pretty open who the possibilities are. She may have felt like it was silly to not open the door to an authority figure...I still question her not picking up her phone and taking it with her to the door, if she didn't know the man well, after dark. I probably have tunnel vision at this point though.

True. I guess that leaves it pretty open who the possibilities are. She may have felt like it was silly to not open the door to an authority figure...I still question her not picking up her phone and taking it with her to the door, if she didn't know the man well, after dark. I probably have tunnel vision at this point though.

I think you're remarkably clear-headed and admire greatly the direction you're taking in sifting through the various possibilities. You do your mom proud.

I do hope LE has checked on the possibility I mentioned---it wouldn't be the first time that ruse has been used. Anyone concerned with the maintenance of utilities---or any authority figure---in that rural area becomes someone of interest.

Rita,
Knowing what a kind and wonderful woman your mother is, is it possible that someone (a male) took her kindness for something more. Maybe someone who wasn't right in the head and took her away to keep her as his own. When she faught back it confussed and angered him so he did what he could to calm her until he could get her back to his place. I'm sorry if this is upsetting but I've been kind to people on a couple of occasions that seemed harmless but because they weren't right they saw more than what was there and it became scary. Then when I tried to put a stop to it the once seemingly harmless person just flipped out and his actions were bizzar and irrational. Maybe if he did get her to his house she is doing what she can to keep him happy till she is found. Maybe just doing things like fixing him supper.... Also a person who is not right in the head has their own reality and would be able to pass a polygraph because he has his own truth and might easily fool the LE when questioned.

Your mother's dog seemed to maybe have almost PTSD from when she was attacked and abducted..
In risk of sounding insane, it might be important to observe how her dog reacts around different people, dogs are extremely intelligent, no doubt the pup would be able to "identify" the perp in some way or another. Not that the dog's "identifing" a perp would hold up in court, it could help with a direction to go.. Now that i said this, i'm not sure how to expose the dog to different "people", especially ones who may be a perp.
The dog wasn't harmed in any way, so whoever the perp was did not see the dog as a threat, imo.. One who harms humans, will just as easily harm animals i would think.. When faced with a threat animals, as humans do have a fight or flight response.
Your mother is a fighter, the dog is a flighter it seems. Poor thing must have been very scared for her mom, too. If she was very scared she may have hid that night as well.

Your mother, being a "fighter" is good, as that she left more clues down the road in an attempt to escape the car.
It is mentioned by other posters that why wasn't she just harmed in the house? Why was she taken away?
These are good questions that i wish we had answers to..
Would it be possible that the perp(s) had knowledge of the area and your mother personally, so they knew she is fighter and the cautious type.
They may try to "seperate" her from means of communicating with others asap (her cell phone, computer,etc).
The only reason i can think of to "take her away" instead of doing something at her house would be evidence, fear of your mother either calling one of her children, or the children showing up (or friends for that matter), fear of leaving a lot of evidence (this may be possible if they know that your mother has a "fighter" type of personality and wouldn't go willingly or easily with them), also and lastly, possibly someone was "hired" or abducting her to bring to someone else in person. The person who would have "hired" others for dirty work wouldn't be able to be seen in that area, as they would be identifiable, which would mean they are familiar in the area there.
A perp who is familiar there would go to extremes to make it look like it was no one familiar to the area; hiring others to do an abduction, renting a vehicle possibly (or bringing in an unfamiliar one).
I hope i am making sense here..
Rita, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family, especially around this time of Holidays..

One thing I'm thinking is either they didn't know HOW cautious she was and didn't know they were risking her picking up the phone and calling someone, or they were confident that she knew them well enough to know that she wouldn't pick up the phone and call someone.

Rita,
Knowing what a kind and wonderful woman your mother is, is it possible that someone (a male) took her kindness for something more. Maybe someone who wasn't right in the head and took her away to keep her as his own. When she faught back it confussed and angered him so he did what he could to calm her until he could get her back to his place. I'm sorry if this is upsetting but I've been kind to people on a couple of occasions that seemed harmless but because they weren't right they saw more than what was there and it became scary. Then when I tried to put a stop to it the once seemingly harmless person just flipped out and his actions were bizzar and irrational. Maybe if he did get her to his house she is doing what she can to keep him happy till she is found. Maybe just doing things like fixing him supper.... Also a person who is not right in the head has their own reality and would be able to pass a polygraph because he has his own truth and might easily fool the LE when questioned.

This is definitely a theory...but who? If it's someone that SHE didn't suspect, we probably wouldn't suspect them either, but this type of situation is our only hope that she is alive. Oh, I wish we would hear something. The waiting and waiting is horrible.

I think you're remarkably clear-headed and admire greatly the direction you're taking in sifting through the various possibilities. You do your mom proud.

I do hope LE has checked on the possibility I mentioned---it wouldn't be the first time that ruse has been used. Anyone concerned with the maintenance of utilities---or any authority figure---in that rural area becomes someone of interest.

I don't know about clear-headed...I backed into my sis-in-law's car last week in our driveway, to the tune of $1900...:( She's a forgiving soul, fortunately.

I will check w/ LE and my brothers to see about utility workers.

what about people she would run into at work, not co-workers but people her co-workers would have seen around her Or church, or any body that she may have had do work around or on the house.

Will keep brain storming and praying till your mom is home.

Rita, you describe your mom as being very cautious. Did something happen in the past to cause her to be extra cautious or was she that way naturally? If something happened, you don't need to say what (of course).

It seems she almost appeared to be more scared/cautious than a normal person would be.

There have been so many possible theories posted.

I was thinking if I were a super cautious woman, living in my new house,
having spent the day with a friend; home and sitting at my computer, having a soda,
when I am called away to the door.
Is there a peephole? Pardon my asking if it has been asked and answered already.

Why do I open it?
Would I open it for a woman?
A friend of a friend who wanted to talk?
I feel okay about stepping outside to discuss something.
Would I open it for a woman who said her truck was overheating?
Would I open it for a teenage girl?

Would I open it for an older man, maybe 75 yrs old?

Maybe someone thought she had money. Her ex husband owned a mill,
she was newly divorced,
maybe there was a false rumor she had lots of cash at the house.

It is either random
or
she/her house was targeted, a home invasion.
or
it was personal, in a road rage kind of way,
or
it was very personal and the intent was to
abduct her.

Prayers for Patricia and her family.

Rita, we have a forensic astrology forum at websleuths that could give you other means of analyzing your mom's case... they have been spot on in other cases and could possibly give you some possible help.. to post a request to the thread we would need her date of birth (place and time if possible) as well as other dates and times in relation to her case.

what about people she would run into at work, not co-workers but people her co-workers would have seen around her Or church, or any body that she may have had do work around or on the house.

Will keep brain storming and praying till your mom is home.

We have looked into those working on her house but the one likely person was somewhat ruled out due his interview and that he gave dna...he won't be completely cleared until the dna results come back, but also his vehicle didn't match and he allowed LE to search it. He also offered to take a polygraph.

Anything related to her packing job seems unlikely but it is being looked into by LE.

Thanks for the prayers - keep them coming.

Rita, you describe your mom as being very cautious. Did something happen in the past to cause her to be extra cautious or was she that way naturally? If something happened, you don't need to say what (of course).

It seems she almost appeared to be more scared/cautious than a normal person would be.

I know she was intimidated by my "dad", BUT it's not that he ever did anything physical to her, he was just hateful to her. He called her bad names and made fun of her, in private and in public. For as long as I can remember, he would accuse her of affairs w/ any man that she might have the slightest contact with, including whoever the current priest was at our church. If you knew my Mom, you would know there is NO WAY she would have ever done that. She stayed in a crappy marriage for all those years because she felt it was the right thing to do, and the Godly thing to do, why would she throw that all out the window to cheat? He knew that it wasn't true too, he just liked to start fights when he was drinking. Ironic that HE ended up being the cheater. I remember him throwing food all over the walls, ripping up photo albums, he'd call us names and make you feel like you were nothing. But Mom instilled that faith in us that it didn't matter what he did or said, that it matters what GOD says. She always just turned the other cheek, so to speak. She would never stand up for herself and I would get so mad at her for that. But she'd always say that it just made it worse to argue back and to let it blow over. We would all get mad at him, and pity him, I suppose, but I don't think my brothers and I had any fear of him. I did always worry though that someday he would do something to her. I don't know why. I was kind of in a comfort zone when she moved close to us and further from him after the divorce. I never dreamed she was in any danger. A lot of how careful and cautious she was I just chalked up to living alone for the first time in 36 yrs.

It probably sounds dysfunctional but it was alright as long as we had Mom.

I know she was intimidated by my "dad", BUT it's not that he ever did anything physical to her, he was just hateful to her. He called her bad names and made fun of her, in private and in public. For as long as I can remember, he would accuse her of affairs w/ any man that she might have the slightest contact with, including whoever the current priest was at our church. If you knew my Mom, you would know there is NO WAY she would have ever done that. She stayed in a crappy marriage for all those years because she felt it was the right thing to do, and the Godly thing to do, why would she throw that all out the window to cheat? He knew that it wasn't true too, he just liked to start fights when he was drinking. Ironic that HE ended up being the cheater. I remember him throwing food all over the walls, ripping up photo albums, he'd call us names and make you feel like you were nothing. But Mom instilled that faith in us that it didn't matter what he did or said, that it matters what GOD says. She always just turned the other cheek, so to speak. She would never stand up for herself and I would get so mad at her for that. But she'd always say that it just made it worse to argue back and to let it blow over. We would all get mad at him, and pity him, I suppose, but I don't think my brothers and I had any fear of him. I did always worry though that someday he would do something to her. I don't know why. I was kind of in a comfort zone when she moved close to us and further from him after the divorce. I never dreamed she was in any danger. A lot of how careful and cautious she was I just chalked up to living alone for the first time in 36 yrs.

Having had to deal with your father's drinking, lies, and fights (to say the least) it's no wonder your mother was so cautious.. She sounds like such a strong woman, i respect her a lot hearing that she would just turn the other cheek, never stand up for herself or fight back. She truly does live by the Good Book, that is clear. It sounds like alcohol brought out the devil in your father. For all she went through with him, she was obviously the better, stronger person out of it, he would look like the bad one for what he said and did. I understand that you would get mad when she didn't stand up for herself, if it was my mother, i would have felt the same. Your mom may have not felt the need to stick up for herself as she knew that those who knew her, know the truth that she was a good religious woman who would never cheat, and followed what the bible says.
Did your father only get like this when he was drinking? Alcohol does some really horrible things to people, i have a friend whose mother stayed with an physically abusive alcoholic husband for years (they had finally seperated yet not divorced) she was a devout Catholic who believed that she loved him for life and that they were married for life, despite his abusiveness and drinking.
It's understandable that you all were in a comfort zone having her close to you, and farther away from him after the divorce.

Does the date that your mother got abducted coincidence with any dates that may have been important to her and your father in the past?
For example, around the day or date they first met, got engaged, got married (anniverary dates); or any dates (this is for your father's side only now) that would have been emotionally devastating for him, such as the death of a parent, etc?

Rita,
Had another thought. Is it possible that your dad has someone really really mad at him and knowing that your dad is the only one with motive to do something like this, did it in hopes of him being convict for it. I know it doesn't make since with the evidence they have but just wondering if any of his enemies are being checked out.
I know you are angry at him but I would like to hope he wouldn't do this to you.

Still thinking still praying.

This is just general information (Rita can confirm it).
I was looking at a map.
It looks like there are only 2 houses west of US 159 in Atchison County.
Pat's house + 1 house.
I assume there would be very minimal 'traffic' along the road although it was 'harvest time' & their may have been some farmers in the fields even after dark.
This only reinforces the idea that Pat would be very cautious if she saw a vehicle or person that she did not know.

That road is more travelled than one would think. The travel doesn't just come from the two houses along that one section of road, but also other sections farther to the west. And with harvest and hunting season approaching there were always more cars.

Rita....I can't remember the weather on that Friday/Saturday...but I have been thinking about all of this alot. Did your Mom have a wood burning fireplace? Just wondering if she might have gone outside for something like wood...or hearing a commotion around her animals, and then been startled? You said she could easily hear a car approaching...but maybe the vehicle didn't go up to her driveway and actually parked down where the other scuffle happened down the road.

I know you have been wracking your brain for who she might open the door to. But it seems like it is possible that she didn't open the door to anyone...and was surprised by someone when she was outside.

I layed awake a long, long time last night. And kept thinking about all of this.

I'm so sorry your family had to live like that. I can see why she was overly cautious.

I know there was some kind of scuffle on the front porch. I don't recall if there was a scuffle inside. Was there signs the perp had been inside, or did everything take place outside?

The reason I'm asking is that is it possible the perp was already inside her house when she came home? Someone could have dropped the perp off so that there wouldn't be a car/truck sitting outside for her to see when she got home. Then the driver of the car/truck could have come back after them.

Just a thought.

I happened to see this thread and could not stop reading.

One question I wanted to ask is whose blood was on the porch? Even if it were dried, a presumptive swab would tell right away if it was blood rather than some sort of stain. A scrape of the blood would be taken to the lab and with the help of family DNA, it could be determined whether or not it belonged to Patricia.

Of course I do not know what signs of a struggle there was, but could someone have hit her over the head? Punched her in the face? Was there a lot of blood or just a little meaning small droplets?

As for the hat and the money clip, the only criminal that would not realize his ballcap was missing would be a drunk or drugged one - or just dumb beyond words. Was the money clip found close to the cap? If there was no money in the money clip, it is possible that it was a keepsake someone kept in their pocket, or put there to incriminate someone else. IDK, I can see one item being dropped near the home, but two is very unusual.

Was there much liquid left in the pop can? Was the computer turned off? If the computer was still on, a movement of the mouse would have shown what website Patricia was on. Also, the internet service provider would show what time she logged on that evening. If the computer was not on, then I think the attack would have come not too long after she got home and was about to settle into her place at the computer.

Could Patricia have run through her yard and run that 1/2 mile down the road only to be caught up with there? I know her scent stopped at the sidewalk as if she had gotten into a vehicle, but that scent may not have been left there that night; just in the last day or so. If she was in a vehicle, is it that she jumped out 1/2 mile down the road? If she were already injured, jumping out of the vehicle could have injured her further. Especially if it were a high off the ground truck.

What time does Patricia's mail come every day? Was she maybe going to her mailbox after getting home and someone ran over her? Then she gets back as far as her front door and that person comes back, panics, and realizes she is badly hurt? This person is maybe drinking and does not want to get blamed and so he takes her somewhere?

Does anyone living on the same road sell hay? When my late husband and myself lived in our house in the country, a lot of people drove past our house enroute to our neighbors half a mile down the road to buy hay. There would be every description and color of trucks - even duallys (sp.).

I have posed these questions because so much is unknown. There are more questions than answers.

Most often, it is someone close to a missing individual that is responsible for a disappearance, or at least someone that person knows. In this case, I'm sorry, but I believe this was either Patricia's ex-husband or someone he hired to do this.
Also, the cap and the money clip are suspicious. I can see there being one of these items left, but not two.

My prayers are with Patricia's family and friends. I simply cannot imagine the nightmare they are living daily. GB them all, and may there be a resolution soon.

I
As for the hat and the money clip, the only criminal that would not realize his ballcap was missing would be a drunk or drugged one - or just dumb beyond words. Was the money clip found close to the cap? If there was no money in the money clip, it is possible that it was a keepsake someone kept in their pocket, or put there to incriminate someone else. IDK, I can see one item being dropped near the home, but two is very unusual.

I was thinking the same thing.. This is either someone who is very clumsy.. or some kind of set up... I'm wondering if fingerprints were found on the money clip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste