KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep wondering about the blood. Did she harm the invader with something, or visa versa? Any objects on the scene that could have been used to strike or throw? Perhaps landing in a bush or other place where one wouldn't usually find them (flower pots, knick knacks). I'm looking over at flower beds and wondering if anything was trampled? Any hairs recovered on the scene?

Do these photos help anyone with thinking through scenarios? Pat just took them in September. You can see the porch in the one, the front view of the lawn and part of the back in the other, showing how open and visible the area around her house is.

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu95/Little_Pony/Pat K/2323232327Ffp732483Enu3D32473E553B3.jpg

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu95/Little_Pony/Pat K/2323232327Ffp732533Enu3D32473E55-2.jpg

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu95/Little_Pony/Pat K/2323232327Ffp732393Enu3D32473E55-3.jpg

One question I haven't seen yet on the site. Is one of Patricia's coats missing? I can't remember the temps that evening but I was in Hiawatha and I seemed fairly comfortable out until I came out of Wal-mart about 7ish.

The only reason i ask about these different dates is to see if there are any that would be stressors for your father, and coincide with the timing of your mother going missing.
How did the passing of your niece affect your father? Did it affect him at all?
The motive in this case seems to be to take your mother, and soley that. A killer for hire would have just done murder anywhere, even in a house.
If they are for hire they may be either trained enough to not leave evidence in a house, or sloppy enough to do so and not care..
There was no robbery, i would rule out theft, not to mention if theft was the robbery, the easiest way would be to do that when your mother wasn't home. Anyone who knew her would know Sundays she went to church, etc and know when she wouldn't be home..

It seems the point of the perp was to "take her" away.. the only thing left for me to think of is they were bringing her to someone else, someone would couldn't be seen around the area, as they would be recognized, either by your mother or other locals..

Whoever abducted her was probably surprised she was such a fighter. I don't think the abducter was very skilled in the sense that there was evidence left behind down the road. Almost sounds like she either had 1 abducter or possibly 2, a man and a woman.. if an abducter grabbed someone, they would want to have control over who they grabbed, either have someone else hold a gun on them or have a vehicle (like a van) that they can't escape out of; or incapacitate the victim for transport.
Since your mother is a fighter, and the abducter didn't incapacitate her for transport, she did escape down the road briefly.
As for the type of vehicle that was seen, the dually, i believe a lot of them have quad cabs sometimes. Whether she was in the front or the back of the car, i don't know.. however she did manage to escape down the road.
IMO, i think whoever took her is not skilled in abductions. They didn't realize they had a fighter on their hands. It very well may be their blood droplets on the porch..
If the kidnappers were "hired" i doubt they are professional kidnappers, imo. It sounds more like they have never kidnapped before and were "helping" a friend by doing the deed for cash..

At this point, i am wondering if a woman was involved?
Would your mother have opened the door or went outside if a woman pretended to need help for an injured animal?

Since your mother was so cautious, it seems she wouldn't open the door to a strange man, however if a woman was at the door or outside feigning that she needed help (for example pretending she had a hurt animal) maybe a woman would have let some of your mother's guard down? I'm trying to think of scenarios where your mother would go outside or to the doorway without her cell phone..

For anyone reading and posting here, please know that I will try to answer all questions that I can. If I do not respond to your post, it isn't because I didn't read it, but because I can't, per LE.

I agree w/ your opinion on things. My niece's death, I'm sure, affected "dad" in some way, but not the way it did the rest of us by a long shot. The first time he approached my brother in the day or two after, he started telling my brother how hard it was right then for him, going thru the divorce, living in a basement (of building on the business property) etc. As usual, thinking of himself, never acknowledging that it was all his fault in the first place. He had NO CLUE how devastated we all were. I just shook my head then, thinking, what the HECK do you think your son is going thru???? Seriously, he is not normal in sincerely caring for other people, but anyway...I don't know if the date will tie in in some way or not.

I think it's possible she would open the door to a woman who says that she's hurt or having car trouble, I still think though that she probably would pick up her phone. When this is all over, I suppose we'll find out that maybe the ONE time she wasn't cautious, was the one time that this horrible thing was going to happen.

My apologies for my long posts, i just wanted to add that the suspicious truck, the dually that was seen..
If it was involved, would it be possible the perp(s) needed a dually to transport your mother somewhere that a 4wheel drive vehicle would be needed to get to? Like a cabin in the woods? Somewhere that wouldn't have a paved road and a car wouldn't be able to take it?

Hmmm...could be. Lots of people do drive bigger trucks around here for different reasons, esp. 4wd because winters usually require it. My husband and I both have 4wd for that reason.

One question I haven't seen yet on the site. Is one of Patricia's coats missing? I can't remember the temps that evening but I was in Hiawatha and I seemed fairly comfortable out until I came out of Wal-mart about 7ish.

No, it's at the house. Good thinking though - if she did go outside and it was chilly, you'd think she might have had it on, maybe telling us that she wasn't outside.

I keep wondering about the blood. Did she harm the invader with something, or visa versa? Any objects on the scene that could have been used to strike or throw? Perhaps landing in a bush or other place where one wouldn't usually find them (flower pots, knick knacks). I'm looking over at flower beds and wondering if anything was trampled? Any hairs recovered on the scene?

Do these photos help anyone with thinking through scenarios? Pat just took them in September. You can see the porch in the one, the front view of the lawn and part of the back in the other, showing how open and visible the area around her house is.

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu95/Little_Pony/Pat K/2323232327Ffp732483Enu3D32473E553B3.jpg

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu95/Little_Pony/Pat K/2323232327Ffp732533Enu3D32473E55-2.jpg

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu95/Little_Pony/Pat K/2323232327Ffp732393Enu3D32473E55-3.jpg

Nothing was trampled, a few things were knocked over. Her sidewalk was clear of all the items that are in the September photo. If LE recovered anything like hairs, etc., they haven't told us.

Some of those pictures came in her mail last week (from where she ordered them thru)...makes me so, so sad for how much she loves that house and land that was so peaceful. Now it just feels like a crime scene.

Nothing was trampled, a few things were knocked over. Her sidewalk was clear of all the items that are in the September photo. If LE recovered anything like hairs, etc., they haven't told us.

Some of those pictures came in her mail last week (from where she ordered them thru)...makes me so, so sad for how much she loves that house and land that was so peaceful. Now it just feels like a crime scene.

It's such a cute place!

I'm sure you guys already thought of these things, but did the pictures lend any clues? I see that she has a propane tank....did the propane guy fill it up that day perhaps? Were there any farmers around?

I happened to see this thread and could not stop reading.

One question I wanted to ask is whose blood was on the porch? Even if it were dried, a presumptive swab would tell right away if it was blood rather than some sort of stain. A scrape of the blood would be taken to the lab and with the help of family DNA, it could be determined whether or not it belonged to Patricia.

Of course I do not know what signs of a struggle there was, but could someone have hit her over the head? Punched her in the face? Was there a lot of blood or just a little meaning small droplets?

As for the hat and the money clip, the only criminal that would not realize his ballcap was missing would be a drunk or drugged one - or just dumb beyond words. Was the money clip found close to the cap? If there was no money in the money clip, it is possible that it was a keepsake someone kept in their pocket, or put there to incriminate someone else. IDK, I can see one item being dropped near the home, but two is very unusual.

Was there much liquid left in the pop can? Was the computer turned off? If the computer was still on, a movement of the mouse would have shown what website Patricia was on. Also, the internet service provider would show what time she logged on that evening. If the computer was not on, then I think the attack would have come not too long after she got home and was about to settle into her place at the computer.

Could Patricia have run through her yard and run that 1/2 mile down the road only to be caught up with there? I know her scent stopped at the sidewalk as if she had gotten into a vehicle, but that scent may not have been left there that night; just in the last day or so. If she was in a vehicle, is it that she jumped out 1/2 mile down the road? If she were already injured, jumping out of the vehicle could have injured her further. Especially if it were a high off the ground truck.

What time does Patricia's mail come every day? Was she maybe going to her mailbox after getting home and someone ran over her? Then she gets back as far as her front door and that person comes back, panics, and realizes she is badly hurt? This person is maybe drinking and does not want to get blamed and so he takes her somewhere?

Does anyone living on the same road sell hay? When my late husband and myself lived in our house in the country, a lot of people drove past our house enroute to our neighbors half a mile down the road to buy hay. There would be every description and color of trucks - even duallys (sp.).

I have posed these questions because so much is unknown. There are more questions than answers.

Most often, it is someone close to a missing individual that is responsible for a disappearance, or at least someone that person knows. In this case, I'm sorry, but I believe this was either Patricia's ex-husband or someone he hired to do this.
Also, the cap and the money clip are suspicious. I can see there being one of these items left, but not two.

My prayers are with Patricia's family and friends. I simply cannot imagine the nightmare they are living daily. GB them all, and may there be a resolution soon.

My guess regarding the hat was it was knocked of and being dark couldn't be found. After what he/she just did, didn't have time to look for it. The money clip probably just fell out during the struggle.

Were there any bills in the money-clip when it was found? Something I've meant to ask. LE hasn't, I don't think, released that info.

Were there any bills in the money-clip when it was found? Something I've meant to ask. LE hasn't, I don't think, released that info.

I've been wondering the same thing.

Hi ya'll. Been following along here daily but I haven't had anything of value to add. I initially believed this was a contract hit put out by the ex-husband. But nothing about the circumstances fits that theory. I don't think a hired killer would have abducted Patricia. Same could be said for a robbery - both would have ended it there at her home. But it definitely sounds as though she was specifically targeted and it was personal.

I would also like to know if any bills were found in the money clip and - though I'm sure LE won't disclose this - whether they were able to get any prints off of it.

My heart goes out to Patricia's family and I'll be sending out prayers that this lovely lady is found soon.

It realy bugs me also about WHY they would take her. Could it be possible that a murder with no body would be harder to prosecute?

Also, if it were your dad hiring the deed to be done, he would also inflict more pain on you (his kids) as punishment for siding with your mom. He obviously wanted to hurt her after the divorce. Did he act like he wanted to hurt you (kids) after the divorce for siding with her?

That would explain why she was taken.

Have several questions or thoughts. It's obvious this was not a professional hit. Maybe someone younger who may not have any direction that may hang around with your dad. Feeling the need to impress, be respected or to belong would take it upon him self to do something like this. Not relizing that the actual act of killing someone was harder than he thought so in a panic he took her with him knowing she could id him.

2nd question. Was there any TV shows news programs or anything like that she watched daily or weekly on that day. If she was a regular news watcher and the TV was off that could mean it happened after 6 or when ever the news is over there. If there is a TV show durring prime time and the tv was left on maybe it happened after 7 pm.

and finally, about the money clip. If there were bills found in it, are there really a lot of people in the area who use a money clip? Doesn't seem like something a younger person would actually use. Would think someone using a money clip would stand out to a cashier. Unless they are in style now. I can see caring it around as a good look charm but to actually use it.

I wish there was something I could do to easy the pain of this wonderful family. This just isn't right. Will keep praying and brain storming. It's all I can do to feel useful so far away.

It's such a cute place!

I'm sure you guys already thought of these things, but did the pictures lend any clues? I see that she has a propane tank....did the propane guy fill it up that day perhaps? Were there any farmers around?

I don't know who all was around during the day, but I know she hadn't had the propane filled up recently.

Hi ya'll. Been following along here daily but I haven't had anything of value to add. I initially believed this was a contract hit put out by the ex-husband. But nothing about the circumstances fits that theory. I don't think a hired killer would have abducted Patricia. Same could be said for a robbery - both would have ended it there at her home. But it definitely sounds as though she was specifically targeted and it was personal.

I would also like to know if any bills were found in the money clip and - though I'm sure LE won't disclose this - whether they were able to get any prints off of it.

My heart goes out to Patricia's family and I'll be sending out prayers that this lovely lady is found soon.

I hope, hope, hope they can get prints off of something, but they're not saying so far. Thank you so much for your prayers.

I agree that if the people who took her were "hired" they are far from professional. It seems maybe the intentions were to kidnap her and bring her somewhere else to someone.
Maybe it would be the only way someone could get her to talk to them..

It realy bugs me also about WHY they would take her. Could it be possible that a murder with no body would be harder to prosecute?

Also, if it were your dad hiring the deed to be done, he would also inflict more pain on you (his kids) as punishment for siding with your mom. He obviously wanted to hurt her after the divorce. Did he act like he wanted to hurt you (kids) after the divorce for siding with her?

That would explain why she was taken.

I'm sure it will be much harder to prosecute if there is no body.

I really do not think at this point that "dad" hired someone. I think he probably said too much to the wrong person. Which I hold him fully responsible for. I don't care how drunk he was when he said whatever he said to all the people he's said it to - his wish came true. I hope he's happy. Somebody terrified her and beat her and probably took her life...and devastated our lives for some sick reason and I hope he's happy.

Some people get 1000 chances and they never change.

I agree that if the people who took her were "hired" they are far from professional. It seems maybe the intentions were to kidnap her and bring her somewhere else to someone.
Maybe it would be the only way someone could get her to talk to them..

I don't know...I just don't know at this point.

Thank you for your prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member