KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You make me ashamed for what I just posted, but I'm so miserable some days. I CANNOT understand how and why anyone planned this and thought it was ok, that it was somehow their "right" to do this. Like they thought she had to pay for something. I can't stand it. She did nothing to deserve this. It's so SENSELESS.

I don't feel far away from God, but I feel so far away from my Mom.

You need to feel no shame, Rita, none whatsoever. Your thoughts are normal. And when the time comes to face this person who has harmed you so grievously, you will show the same grace you showed just now in asking God to have mercy on their soul. There's no shame there Rita, you're a class act!

You make me ashamed for what I just posted, but I'm so miserable some days. I CANNOT understand how and why anyone planned this and thought it was ok, that it was somehow their "right" to do this. Like they thought she had to pay for something. I can't stand it. She did nothing to deserve this. It's so SENSELESS.

I don't feel far away from God, but I feel so far away from my Mom.

Don't you dare feel ashamed, Rita! You and all your family are 100% entitled to feel what you're feeling and thank goodness you have a place here to share your frustration and sorrow and, most of all, your determination.

Your love and resolve are admirable.

and bumping again to keep Pat at the top before I go to bed.

Rita and family, your family seriously is in my thoughts and prayers when my head hits that pillow tonight.

You need to feel no shame, Rita, none whatsoever. Your thoughts are normal. And when the time comes to face this person who has harmed you so grievously, you will show the same grace you showed just now in asking God to have mercy on their soul. There's no shame there Rita, you're a class act!

I have commented to my husband about how wonderful you've all been. It can't be easy... heck it can't be even bearable at times. To be honest, I am impressed.

I know I'm a vengeful person (and that is not something to be proud of). If my mom were missing, and there was anyone I even 1/2 suspected, I know I'd hunt them down and try to force them into a confession or something. You all must be more mentally stable than I am to handle this with such grace.

That is not the best way to go about an investigation and I know it would not help things, but I'd just be so hurt and angry that anyone I really suspected might be involved would be in danger of me nabbing them or something. They would probably have to lock me up somewhere for my own safety.

So-- you are being very sane with all you are going through ~~~
~~~ even though you may feel out of control. Hopefully, if I run into a dark duelly, I will be able to calmly get the license number or something (will that even help?) Watch the Topeka-Capital Journal... you might read a weird story about a woman charged w/ road rage trying to run down a dark duelly.

On a more serious note... (would getting any information on these help, or are there too many to really track/trace?)

Rita, please do not EVER feel ashamed. I could never have as much grace as you do, and I have never even been in your situation.

Most of us are long-time case followers and we support you and always will. You deserve it.

Your Mom did a great job on her own to raise a really nice family. Even if you have to face the rest of your lives with the question of what happened, please know that your precious Mom is holding you all in spirit. But I think you know that already.

Rita, you should not be ashamed for what you just wrote. The Bible talks about turning the other cheek. I don't totally understand that (I don't think we should be doormats) but I do think that is when someone does something bad to YOU! I don't believe we are ever to stand by and do nothing (and I know that's not what you think, either) if somebody hurts someone else.

I pray that whoever did this is miserable and confesses.

I don't know why this case has touched me so, probably because of your devotion to your mother, and the fact that you have such a strong faith. I PRAY that you have some good news soon.

I'm praying for you and your family, especially during this holiday season.

That is NEVER, NEVER, my intention. I am not living this, you are. My family and I will ALWAYS be here praying for all of you. God knows your heart is broken, it's ok to be angry. You are a shining light, and God knows your heart, and He loves you. I agree with the others, this is a "safe" place to vent, and we all know that you are a lady of grace, and when the time comes God will give you the strength you need to handle that moment.
Until then, ...........be kind to my friend RITA, she has forgotten how awesome she is. :) Consider yourself hugged, over and over. Be at peace my friend.

I wonder if LE has gotten any forensics back. No matter how small the blood spatters were, the blood could have at least been typed through scrapings. It would have told LE whether it was Pat's blood or not.

Also, any news as to whether or not LE has been able to recover any DNA or touch DNA from the cap? Any recoverable fingerprints on the money clip?

Is LE thinking that this was a dually truck because there are 2 tire tracks in the grass on the side of the road or in the dirt on the side of the road? I am sure they are taking into account that whatever vehicle involved could have pulled over, backed up once or twice for some reason and left the same kind of tracks? Or were those tracks in Pat's driveway?

IDK. I think I am just trying to make sense of the clues left. Nothing makes sense.

Pat, I want to echo the poster that stated your Mom would be proud of how you and your brothers have handled this heartbreaking situation. She would want all of you to be strong and 'stay the course', IMO. You have all handled yourself with grace and dignity and never lost your faith. I stand in awe of all of you.

Please know that there are prayers daily. Take care of yourselves. I have no doubt your answers will come in time.

It does take time for dna to be matched. I don't know the backlog time period in Kansas.
But that cap looked worn, it should have dna in the sweatband.
As for the dually truck, I think there was a witness. But the witness
is unsure about the color, red or a dark color.
Could be the witness saw the shape of the truck.

I don't know if there are tire tracks or not, but
it does seem that Patricia escaped and so the
truck would have been pulled over then.

Rita:
I just have to say you are one of the strongest women I know.
You are testimony to your mom's courage and grace.
I am sure your siblings are as well.

Feel what you need to feel.
I echo what so many of us have said.
I/we are here for you and your family.

No matter the outcome of this,
you know you are loved and cared
for by the most important
force, a mom.

bumping up for Pat again! Dreamweaver and all other posting here... you guys are amazing people I am very fortunate to know.

((( Rita ))) I am sure that your Mom is proud of you...and feels your love

I hope that they will release more info (or at least tell Rita) about that cap and money clip....what does the Insurance company say about the cap??

what about the hay guy....??

how about asking people in the area were there any "traveling salesmen" or "day workers" looking for work in the area??

Rita I am hoping and praying for you and for Pat

I think it's a possibility she might have checked if she thought it was an animal or something. She was always taking pictures of whatever animals wandered up that way - deer, squirrels, etc. If it spooked her in some way, I think she would have called. The parking up the road I just don't see happening. Whoever did this took a lot of risks, but that would have been a huge risk due to how long her driveway is. I would bet it's close to 1/4 mile. Add to that the distance they would have to park so as not to be visible from the roadway, and chance not being seen walking in or walking out. Unless there were two people...

It breaks my heart to have been so close and not have known anything so wrong was happening to her. I can see her yardlight from my house, and I was right here fixing supper for the kids. I am so, so mad that someone thought it was ok to just destroy her life. With no thought of her family who loves her and needs her. I could handle losing her if she was in a car wreck or had a heart attack or died in some peaceful way. Even as hard as that would be, I could accept it...but to know that some monster planned this, tracked her down, and did whatever they did to her...it haunts us every minute of every day. It's so SENSELESS.

There will be no rest or peace for those involved in this. For the rest of our lives, we will search for her. Justice will be served. But it will never bring back what we have lost.

Is there anyone that you know, did your father ever go hunting? Was he a hunte? Does he know anyone who can authentically mimic sounds of certain animals?
This is probably a longshot and will sound nuts, what if a person was out there making or playing some type of animal sounds to lure your mother outside?
Which types of animals are her favorites aside from horses? She did have her horse or horses on her property, right?

I didn't realize you lived so close to your mother that you could see her yardlight from your own house. Whoever did this.. they have to be familiar with the area and the risks involved.. it's personal in that they would have to know about Pat in order to take her, since she is such a cautious person.

Does your father have any close friends who would "help" him with something so horrible as taking your mother?

Any word from TES? Is it possible for them to begin?

Is there anyone that you know, did your father ever go hunting? Was he a hunte? Does he know anyone who can authentically mimic sounds of certain animals?
This is probably a longshot and will sound nuts, what if a person was out there making or playing some type of animal sounds to lure your mother outside?
Which types of animals are her favorites aside from horses? She did have her horse or horses on her property, right?

I didn't realize you lived so close to your mother that you could see her yardlight from your own house. Whoever did this.. they have to be familiar with the area and the risks involved.. it's personal in that they would have to know about Pat in order to take her, since she is such a cautious person.

Does your father have any close friends who would "help" him with something so horrible as taking your mother?

I agree, it has to be local, someone that already knew her. When I drive by going home at night, you can see the house clearly on top of the hill, so whoever did this was "hell bent" on doing it, IMO, it is such a "visible" place that I think they must have thought "no one would think it out of the ordinary" for them to be there. I realize it gets dark alot earlier, but still, the area is so "open", I think that seems really weird.

The thing that I keep coming back to is WHY did they take Pat away? If the goal was to kill her, they could have just done it there at her home. Why did they take her? This is the only reason I hesitate to believe it was a hit of some kind. It just doesn't make any sense!

I keep thinking that they took her away because they wanted something from her that she could not provide at that immediate location of her home.

What could that be????

Rita, did she have anything hidden worth value that people would want?
Was there a work safe somewhere that she could have possibly opened but after the scuffle outside the truck the plan was thwarted?

just thinking..

just thinking now. how about a theif into either the cleaning or moving businesses that she worked for?

Thank you all for being so nice. I am just afraid it is not completely deserved. Whatever goodness you see in me right now is not "me", it is surely from God. And I am afraid that there are days to come when I will not be the example that I should be, both for my family and anyone looking at us to see where faith is taking us. But...one day at a time. I don't doubt God or my faith in Him one bit NO MATTER WHAT, but I'm pretty sure one day my emotions are going to get the better of me.

So thank you all so much for your continued thoughts and prayers. For those of you who aren't local, I really wish you could have known my Mom. She had a lot more strength than I've ever had. When I did my rant/rave post last night, I was bawling my eyes out, and as I logged off, I thought, "God, WHY, WHY did she waste all those years, 36 years, of such hard times, loneliness, and humilitiation, only to have ONE short year of peace? WHY???" And what I heard back was, "She didn't waste that time. She was working for Me." I know that is the absolute truth. She DID do it for God. So I was humbled a good deal, and then read Harleysmom's beautiful uplifting post and felt so bad for being sorry for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo