KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rita....

Please know that we are all thinking of you and your mom. I am sure that we all feel the same - helpless to take your hurt away and hopeful that this situation will be resolved soon for you and your family.

(I did send you a private message a few days ago but I am not sure if I did it correctly. I am new here and not very good at these things!)

We are here for you, Rita.

Thinking of Pat and the Kimmi family today... I've checked in once or twice and always hope for news. If we only had a crystal ball to see or a magic wand to make this all go away. Praying for a lead. love to you all tonight--
jan

Hi Rita...just dropping by to say I am thinking of you and your Mom (((hugs)))

Rita

Just checking in. Hang in there! I am praying that God will lead the person(s) responsible to come forward!

Rita,
I know you are as close to your mom as I am with mine so from the beging I've been so worried about you cause I know I wouldn't be able to handle it if it had happened to my mom. I just want to tell you I've been praying and pleading and questioning why God lets things like this happen. Needless to say my faith is not as storng as yours but in reading your posts and hearing you talk.....it's moved me.....I don't know how to describe it but it's like I can see him and feel him in your words.....It's sparked my faith and made me want to believe and .... I'm still working things out....but I just thought you should know that I'm not easily influenced by others when it comes to my faith but....it's moved me. I will continue to pray and will hold on to Hope. I just wish there was more I could do.

Thank you for sparking my Faith. :eek:)

You wish there was more you could do? YOU JUST DID IT. Keep searching for answers to your faith and you will find them. Oh, my Mom would be so touched to know what you wrote and how you feel - love you!!!!!

This thread started as, as most do, as a missing person case.
But for me it has developed into much more.
Somehow Patricia Kimmi's disappearance and her daily living
one's life by example and Rita's strength of character
has touched so many of us.
I only hope we have helped the Patricia Kimmi family
as well.

My prayers for Patricia and her entire family and friends.

You have no idea how much you have all helped me and my family, and I think even our community, to have this outlet...even when some (or maybe a lot) of what we post is not for the purpose of "sleuthing", or even what this forum is really about. We've been encouraged by everyone's thoughts and prayers and been given ideas of things to do that we had not thought of. We're so thankful for that.

I read the posts here every day and every day I hope it will be the day that brings peace to Rita and her family.

When I drove by my old farm the other night I felt so different about it. Rita...I am sure you feel the same now. I remember a place that was so peaceful and so beautiful. That place seems gone now. The picture that was posted of the fog over the hills is a vision I enjoyed many times when I lived there.

So I was trying to make sense of all of the things that just can't make sense. And I began to think about the world we live in and the terrible things that happen here. God must look down on us sometimes and just shake his head at the mess that we as humans have made of this world. And I thought about Pat and her devotion to God. As soon as I had that thought I was overwhelmed with a peace that is difficult to describe. It seemed that the only thing in all of this that made any sense is that God needed Pat there with him.

It is all just so horrible. Too horrible to even make sense of.

BBM - the bolded part is so, so true. My hope is that when we finally have some answers, that peaceful beautiful place will not seem like it does now. I hope...

Rita, you are allowed to feel sorry for yourself! I hope you know that!

Way back when i was young my maternal grandparents died in a house fire. They lived in a rural area in GA..neighbors saw the fire but thought they were burning brush....uhhh yeah..lol A man that had been married into the family was the man who sold the property to my grandparents. After my grandparents had died we moved onto the property. My parents had a house moved there to redo.

The guy who sold the the property would come over all the time. His bro also married into the family. And that brother on his deathbed told that his bro had admitted to starting the fire and killing my grandparents.
The guy eventually took his own life.

It was so many years later when it came out. I just recall thinking..wow..he would come over often..we spent time with him..ate dinner at his house etc.. It was a weird feeling.
I know my story doesn't help. But it is here to let you know that it can be people that you know who can commit such acts.

My thoughts and prayers...

That is horrible. It is very hard for me to understand that people have within them whatever it takes to so easily take the life of another human being. I cannot comprehend it.

Rita, again I pray for you and your family today! Pat... give us a sign where you are..

Any news on the TES search????

Thank you nurse - no word yet. A lot of the snow has melted but there is still probably more on the ground than they would like in order to do a thorough ground search.

This evening when I drove home from work, you guys/gals should have seen it. There was the most amazing burnt orange sunset. It was beautiful, and above Pat's house it just looked like billows and billows of clouds all hooked together, like a big furry blanket. It was so pretty, I wish I would have had my camera with me. The clouds with the sun shining through them all around her house was awesome. I am hoping soon we will be able to bring Pat home so that she can again enjoy the beautiful view from her home, and it will erase all the "junk" that this awful person has done. I pray dear LORD, that you will open doors that need to be opened, and close doors that need to be closed. We thank YOU for everything, and we praise YOU. We will keep our hearts and eyes on YOU, in JESUS name, amen.

AMEN.

I so agree with you here, she loved her children beyond all else and like all things Pat did, she did what she thought was right and was right at the time. You must derive some peace from the way that she loved you all, it's what you must take forward with you. Her love, where it concerned her family, it was boundless and full of joy. Because of you all, she felt fullfilled, she saw her love returned and it gave her reason to laugh and love. If she hadn't had you, that you might have called a waste, but she DID have you and it was what her life was all about. I know that you feel blessed to have had her as a mother, but us, as her friends, know that she felt blessed to have had you as her children and her grandchildren. She may have given you life but you returned the favor by giving her your life too. She truly felt blessed, it was what she always wanted to be was a mother and you gave that gift to her. Share in that love now, stay close, share your bonds and your love and your laughter.

Love
Pam

Thank you Pam. And I know that is true. Very, very tough to think and accept that she and her love are gone from this earth in the physical sense. Walking into her house is about more than I can take right now, it's so full of HER. But I know how much she loved us and especially her grandkids. They miss her so much.

I am sitting here just sobbing......Rita, I am so so sorry you hurt like this. Wish I could just wipe all of this away.......My family is wondering "what s wrong with me" this year.... they didn't know Pat-her goodness, her silly sense of humor, her peacefulness. I cannot "celebrate" Christmas this year as usual, and I may never again until someone comes forward and gives Pat her dignity back. EVERYONE deserves to have a place in this world, and it makes me so angry and miserable in my soul that we have no answers and she is just GONE. I hope and pray with all my heart that whoever has her lets her go some day...........and that she can call and get home. Stay strong..she is going to need every one of you to get past this...... I wish there was something I could DO..... I hate this more than anything in the world-the waiting, the watching, and the hoping..... Love to you and all of your family.

It is selfish to say, but it is a huge comfort to me to be in touch with all of you who were such good friends, even though I know you're all suffering too. She loved all of you a lot and talked about you all the time. We appreciate you being here for us in messages, thoughts and prayers.

Well, it would be just wonderful if the Lord would allow Pat's family to find her and bring her home. Why can't that happen? What is to be learned from the loss of this loving family that is suffering so mightily?

If nothing else, this teaches us to treasure and love our families, forgive past hurts in our inner circles, hold tight to what we know and love, and above all, please try to remember that God did not do this, a person (well, they wish they were a person!) did this. It is hard to "keep the faith" right now, but I will say this: If Rita and her family did not have their faith, they would not have hope. It's hard enough to go through this WITH faith-imagine the devastating emptiness of NO belief that God is with them- *shudders*
Unimaginable.......

I agree Beth. When you lose someone or when something horrible happens, it makes you realize that there are so many small things in life that we get tripped up over, that really are not worth our short time in this life. What I will say on behalf of my Mom until the end of time, is fix what needs fixing in your life, change what needs changing, forgive what needs forgiving. If you wait another day, how do you know you'll HAVE another day?? None of us are promised tomorrow.

Let me know about TES. I am sure that The Recorder would like to get a story when they are here.

I will notify all media when we know they're coming up - thank you!

Just checking back as I do every day hoping for news of Pat.

Please let today be the day!

Thank you so much, to all of you, for your HOPE...we need it.

Hugs and prayers for you and your family. I am so sorry.

Another day and no news. Please, God, let there be resolution for Pat and her wonderful family.

May tomorrow be Patricia Kimmi's day to be located. There are some miracles in this world and I hope there will be one for Pat and her family.

FYI - random thoughts...dually (maybe a late 1990's or 2000 Dodge according to one report & may be red or dark color) ..(re: report to sheriff with tag #) I saw ONE dually near Horton since Pat went missing, didn't get tag # as it was pulling a trailer, BUT it is very easy to report what you see to the sheriff - email: john.calhoon@atchisonlec.org
AND who knows what might help find this vehicle.

Dark color or possibly red.. is there a specific year that maybe Dodge made these colors? and say they made different colors other years?
When i lived in Carolina, there were a lot of duallys around, my nephew used to love pointing them out on the road. There was also a lot of farms and crop growing, so trucks were common. Duallys are expensive so they aren't just your average pickup truck.

How common is it to see unfamiliar vehicles in that area? I would see if LE would check rental places, even ones 2 hours away to see if any of them have or have had duallys available for rental in the past, especially around the date your mother was taken.

Also it could be possible that the owner of it is storing it somewhere on their property (barn, outbuilding, garage) and uses another vehicle as a daily driver.

Fanning the flames of love and hope thinking of Pat and her family and hoping as we near another difficult holiday that the answers come soon.

Rita, Is LE still actively working Pat's case? Are they giving you updates? Do they have any leads?

Praying for you all!

Rita, Is LE still actively working Pat's case? Are they giving you updates? Do they have any leads?

Praying for you all!

They are still very active on this case. I believe 2 officers are on this full time, with help from many others. A few of the officers from the Major Case Squad are still working on this when they can.

We do get updates from them, just not as often as we would like (which would be every hour on the hour). I think we are at the stage where we cannot release what they are telling us, and I'm sure they can't tell us everything they are finding out. Hopefully, it won't be long until we can.

They do have a few leads that we feel pretty good about.

Gene

Praying for your family and for Pat!!!

Kimmi Kids

(((((HUGS))))) to you all!! Bless you and your families ~ we are constantly in prayer for you and for your mother! Hang in there.

They are still very active on this case. I believe 2 officers are on this full time, with help from many others. A few of the officers from the Major Case Squad are still working on this when they can.

We do get updates from them, just not as often as we would like (which would be every hour on the hour). I think we are at the stage where we cannot release what they are telling us, and I'm sure they can't tell us everything they are finding out. Hopefully, it won't be long until we can.

They do have a few leads that we feel pretty good about.

Gene

Great news! Hoping and praying for answers (and an arrest) soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway