KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
according to the report they were traveling south.

being a nurse, them being littered to the local hospital and flown out may not indicate much... just depends on the level of care that hospital is able to give.

ETA: I "tipped" fox4KC. About time Pat's case gets a little more coverage in the main stream media. I was surprised that they never even covered the inquisition hearing...

Locals,
If you know, is it standard to transport the moderately injured to KU or only the very seriously injured?

RE: KHP Crash Log Quote:
Transported by EMS to Hiawatha Community Hospital then later flown to KU Medical Center
Endquote

IOW, Would it be reasonable to infer from this statement that both husband and wife are very seriously injured and possibly require the services of a trauma unit for life saving procedures?

Kinda hoping here for deathbed excited utterance, not hoping they die but that they think they are going to and make a statement leading to Pat's whereabouts. KWIM?

ETA: Reann, we must have been posting at the same time, lol.

I noticed their insurance is "columbia" (if it would have been sebetha I think I would have fell out of my computer chair people!)

eta: I mean "saylor"

another interesting thing to note is that their vehicle was towed to the brown county sheriff's office whereas the tractor was towed to a tow lot

The fact that the air transport went to KU Med. Cnt. and by-passed the closer Topeka hospitals could indicate some pretty serious injuries. Then again, I was surprised to see that they first took them to the small community hospital at Hiawatha rather than a larger trauma center originally.

jmoo
Just a guess, accident occurred maybe 10-15 miles from Hiawatha (Brown County) good hospital...typical that they may have been transported by ambulance or helicopter to Topeka or KC...

RURAL SABETHA COUPLE INJURED IN WRECK
KNZA

A rural Sabetha couple were injured this ( Friday ) morning a two-vehicle accident on U.S. 75 Highway in Brown County about 4 ½ miles south of Fairview.
The Kansas Highway Patrol says 58-year-old Roger Hollister was traveling south when his sports utility vehicle traveled left of center until it was partially on the northbound shoulder and struck a northbound semi that had attempted to move to the left to avoid the collision.
Roger Hollister and his 55-year-old wife, Rebecca, were transported to the Hiawatha Community Hospital. Both were later flown to the K.U. Medical Center in Kansas City.
The Patrol says Roger Hollister wasn’t wearing a seat belt, but his wife was.
The accident, which was reported shortly before 7:30 this ( Friday ) morning, remains under investigation.
Law enforcement officials served a search warrant on the Hollister’s farmstead last month after a portion of a pickup truck believed to be connected with the disappearance of Patricia Kimmi was found at a salvage yard in Axtell.

http://www.knzafm.com/stories/09420_RURAL-SABETHA-COUPLE-INJURED-IN-WRECK_144836.php

They've switched the link: try
http://www.knzafm.com/stories/09424_RURAL-SABETHA-COUPLE-INJURED-IN-WRECK_161655.php

Locals,
If you know, is it standard to transport the moderately injured to KSU or only the very seriously injured?

RE: KHP Crash Log Quote:
Transported by EMS to Hiawatha Community Hospital then later flown to KU Medical Center
Endquote

IOW, Would it be reasonable to infer from this statement that both husband and wife are very seriously injured and possibly require the services of a trauma unit for life saving procedures?

Kinda hoping here for deathbed excited utterance, not hoping they die but that they think they are going to and make a statement leading to Pat's
whereabouts. KWIM?

First an off topic for a little local flavor----you must NEVER, EVER confuse KSU with KU---big deal in this part of the country! KU is the Medical Center in Kansas City and associated with the University of Kansas in Lawrence. KSU is located in Manhattan and has no medical hospital of any kind.

Back on topic....the hospital in Hiawatha is very small, more of a group of outpatient clinics, and basic in-patient care. There is not a trauma center certification there at all, and I don't believe even a full time emergency certified doctor in house 24 hours a day, the closest trauma center is in Topeka. Transport to KU Med. Center does mean serious injuries, but not necessarily life threatening.

jmoo

from your link, a snip:

Crash Narrative: Vehicle #1 was southbound on US 75. Vehicle #2 was northbound on US 75. Vehicle #1 traveled left of center until partially on the northbound shoulder and struck vehicle #2, who had attempted to move to the left to avoid the collision.

and fwiw Hollister was vehicle one... so Hollister, "traveled left of center until partially on the northbound shoulder"! and he was headed south... this reads like a game of chicken!

Or maybe the driver wanted to get rid of the passenger ??????...because maybe IMO the passenger was "talking" too much

First an off topic for a little local flavor----you must NEVER, EVER confuse KSU with KU---big deal in this part of the country! KU is the Medical Center in Kansas City and associated with the University of Kansas in Lawrence. KSU is located in Manhattan and has no medical hospital of any kind.

Back on topic....the hospital in Hiawatha is very small, more of a group of outpatient clinics, and basic in-patient care. There is not a trauma center certification there at all, and I don't believe even a full time emergency certified doctor in house 24 hours a day, the closest trauma center is in Topeka. Transport to KU Med. Center does mean serious injuries, but not necessarily life threatening.

jmoo

Ah, Funny you should mention that! I saw my typo while you were posting and have already corrected it ahahaha! (Just trying to make folks smile, no disrespect intended.)

Seriously, Thank you for the info.

jmoo
thanks for that info on the local hospital. Not surprising they would turf them even with minor injuries esp r/t an mva

Do any of the locals know if it is normal practice to tow a car in an accident to the sheriff's office??????

A couple questioned in the case of a missing Kansas woman were involved in a collision with a semi Friday morning.

The Kansas Highway Patrol is investigating the crash that involved Roger and Rebecca Hollister. It happened on Highway 75 near Fairview. The crash closed one lane of traffic approximately 4 miles south of Fairview.

http://stjoechannel.com/content/fulltext_news?cid=111622

Just catching up with the news...excellent information here...anyway...just wanted to say US Hwy 75 is a very nice hwy..good maintenance, good visibililty...current weather is sunny & hwys are clear (no snow & ice)...

Sounds like the Hollisters better get right with God real fast. I hope the Kimmi family gets the best possable out come out of all of this. God knows they've been through enough. Praying that only the best will come of this.

Most injuries that required more than Hiawatha could handle would usually be transported to Topeka to either Stormont-Vail or St. Francis Medical Center. I have no opinion on why they would be transported to KU. KU does have a good burn unit, but nothing indicates that is a factor.

On the insurance, Columbia is an underwriter. Saylors is an independent insurance agency and handles many different underwriters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214