KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a phone call about this 'rumor'...Mr. & Mrs. RH involved in a collision 4 miles south of Fairview on US Hwy 75 (something that happened at 7:30 am). No other details at KNZA...

I don't think this was far from their home... right??? could they have been headed to any livestock sales today? iirc they are on fridays right???

35it4jm.jpg

I don't think this was far from their home... right??? could they have been headed to any livestock sales today? iirc they are on fridays right???

Probably 4-5 miles from home as the crow flies.

This is what the KDOT site says: "Occurrence located between 210.42 - RS 60 - (Route Intersection) and 210.42 - RS 60 - (Route Intersection). TODAY from 9am-Dusk, US-75 approximately 4 miles south of Fairview will be reduced to one lane periodically due to early morning accident. Drivers will experience stop and go traffic via flaggers throughout the daylight hours. Drivers may experience minor delays and are encouraged to use alternate routes if possible"

Not sure what the location means as it identifies the two points as the same.

I checked the KHP crash log, but there is nothing posted there yet. Given that KDOT is saying the road will be flagged off and on throughout the day makes me think they are going to be doing a really thorough investigation. If it was an unsuccessful suicide attempt, I would think there would be a vehicular homicide charge forthcoming. Or attempted, depending upon the status of the truck driver.

All that assuming that the rumors are true, of course.
I just checked again as well... nothing there. could it be that this was handled by the county??? I wasn't able to find any crash log for the county though. Will keep looking.

I just checked again as well... nothing there. could it be that this was handled by the county??? I wasn't able to find any crash log for the county though. Will keep looking.

My experience has been that anything that I am personally interested in takes forever and a day to be posted the the log. However, I suppose it might not show up at all due to being handled by the county.

wow... they went left of center on a TRACTOR

HUH??? It says the vehicle description in a Buick SUV???
Doesn't it????

Edit....ahhh....I see what you are looking at...no, it would be the "tractor" part of the tractor trailer rig that they are speaking about. It could have been a rig that was not pulling a trailer at the time, or they just worded it that way, as it only impacted the tractor portion.

Bingo! It's there now:

https://www.accesskansas.org/ssrv-khp-crashlogs/display.do?log=2010-002673

Both Hollisters flown to KU Med Center for treatment.

from your link, a snip:

Crash Narrative: Vehicle #1 was southbound on US 75. Vehicle #2 was northbound on US 75. Vehicle #1 traveled left of center until partially on the northbound shoulder and struck vehicle #2, who had attempted to move to the left to avoid the collision.

and fwiw Hollister was vehicle one... so Hollister, "traveled left of center until partially on the northbound shoulder"! and he was headed south... this reads like a game of chicken!

Semi's are often referred to as tractor trailers.

I did see the notation that it wasn't actually known if he was wearing a seatbelt.

yes, I edited my earlier post to explain that part, also.

The report says "no" in one place to the seat belt, then just after that it states it was unknown whether he was wearing a seatbelt.

HUH??? It says the vehicle description in a Buick SUV???
Doesn't it????

Edit....ahhh....I see what you are looking at...no, it would be the "tractor" part of the tractor trailer rig that they are speaking about. It could have been a rig that was not pulling a trailer at the time, or they just worded it that way, as it only impacted the tractor portion.
buick suv is them. tractor is vehicle 2... it didn't say what kind of tractor... so either a truck or a farm tractor???

and not just oops... crossed the center line... they were on the other shoulder of the road

and he was headed south... this reads like a game of chicken!

I wonder if he knew for sure that truck didn't say Spellmeier on the side of it before he swerved. Of course, the suicide part is still a rumor, but if it's true, there are so many ways to accomplish the same without risking taking someone else out, too. But then, if they are involved with Pat's disappearance, I shouldn't be surprised. Selfish and evil.

Just rumor...Mr. & Mrs. RH residence is south of Sabetha so accident occurred maybe 10-20 miles southeast from their home (US 75 goes from Topeka north & then on to the east side of Sabetha going north into Nebraska)...don't know what direction they were traveling...north or south....it is a busy hwy...4 miles south of Fairview ...destination south would most likely be Topeka....

The fact that the air transport went to KU Med. Cnt. and by-passed the closer Topeka hospitals could indicate some pretty serious injuries. Then again, I was surprised to see that they first took them to the small community hospital at Hiawatha rather than a larger trauma center originally.

jmoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member