KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found these song lyrics by a song that Micheal Buble sings and it made me think of this thread....I hope it's okay to share them.....
Part of it goes:
"Please help me mend my broken heart
And let me live again
I can still feel the breeze
That rustles through the trees
And misty memories of days gone by
We could never see tomorrow
No one said a word about the sorrow
And how can you mend a broken heart?"

Some of us older ones recognise these lyrics as being sung by the BeeGees in the 70's

Bumping up for pat, and I am thinking very strongly of her today for some reason. Also, I keep thinking of a yellow school bus. Isn't that weird? *shakes head at self*
Hold On Rita, hold on. I pray the light shines forth very very soon.

I just got a tweet from reporter @ stjoechannel.com

Atchison County Attorney says Kimmi case has "entered final stages of investigation"...said tune in tonite @ 6pm

Prayers for the Kimmi family.

The Search for Pat Kimmi: The Final Stages
Wednesday, Feb 24, 2010 @06:37pm CST

After three months of searching for missing 58 year old Pat Kimmi, the case has moved from the field into the courtroom.

Atchison County Attorney, Jerry Kuckelman, says the open investigation is now in the "final stages"

He's been pursuing leads since last November, after Kimmi was believed to be forced from her home just outside Horton, Kansas.

Last week Kuckelman spent hours in closed door interviews with two key witnesses in the case.

He plans to bring in two more next week.

Kuckelman said the interviews are more serious than initial police questioning, witnesses are summoned by subpoena, then sworn in by a judge.

This is the largest public development in the case since law enforcement raided a home outside of Sabetha in mid-January.

They seized several pieces of property they believe are linked to Kimmi's disappearance.

County and state officials have spent recent weeks reviewing lab results and evidence.

Kuckelman said they're ready to act when he is.

Kuckelman is still not naming names when it comes to suspects in the possible homicide.

He said this time is critical in developing a clear cut court case, but he's confident an arrest will be made.

http://stjoechannel.com/content/fulltext_news/?cid=111432

(No video link yet; they may post that after 10 o'clock news tonight, perhaps.)

Editing because I posted the same time as the reply above.

No real new details, but lots seems to be going on and wrapping up. They are indeed crossing their T's and dotting their I's. That is GOOD!

Thanks for that article, WfG. I am hopeful that there will soon be answers for Pat's family and that they will find some peace. My greatest wish all along in this case was for Pat to be found alive and reunited with her loved ones. Now, I think it will be a different kind of reunion that will allow all to mourn her loss. My thoughts and prayers continue for Pat and her loving family.

Thank God.......it really looks like progress is being made.......LE seems to be very dilligent.....

So very glad to read the latest news article.
Two more interviews next week.
And not really an 'interview', but a subpoena
to appear.

Can't wait! Hang in there Rita - justice is coming!!!

The Search for Pat Kimmi: The Final Stages
Wednesday, Feb 24, 2010 @06:37pm CST

After three months of searching for missing 58 year old Pat Kimmi, the case has moved from the field into the courtroom.

Atchison County Attorney, Jerry Kuckelman, says the open investigation is now in the "final stages"

He's been pursuing leads since last November, after Kimmi was believed to be forced from her home just outside Horton, Kansas.

Last week Kuckelman spent hours in closed door interviews with two key witnesses in the case.

He plans to bring in two more next week.

Kuckelman said the interviews are more serious than initial police questioning, witnesses are summoned by subpoena, then sworn in by a judge.

This is the largest public development in the case since law enforcement raided a home outside of Sabetha in mid-January.

They seized several pieces of property they believe are linked to Kimmi's disappearance.

County and state officials have spent recent weeks reviewing lab results and evidence.

Kuckelman said they're ready to act when he is.

Kuckelman is still not naming names when it comes to suspects in the possible homicide.

He said this time is critical in developing a clear cut court case, but he's confident an arrest will be made.

http://stjoechannel.com/content/fulltext_news/?cid=111432

(No video link yet; they may post that after 10 o'clock news tonight, perhaps.)

they know who, what, when, where and why and they are putting the frosting on the top. bold, large, and all else script-manipulation by me.

I really think they knew the basic "who" before this started and than, with the size of the case in this community, did the completely right thing, imhoo, by taking this to inquisition...

So now we have FOUR people being questioned in what happened to Pat. I feel for the family!!! As I have all along... Four people that possibly know what happened to her?

If anything, this article tells me that they know the 5 w's... and are planning to make them stick.

But WHERE IS PAT? Have they gotten far enough to find her and give her family some closure? I personally volunteer with any organized and sanctioned-by-LE search to make this happen. I am sure many of us do that are local... and if family knows of an organized search time or date please post it as many will show to help.

I cannot look at a moving truck (job Pat worked) without thinking of her. Today, I opened up the fort leavenworth paper to do a current events article with my son and there was the picture I had submitted to them in the ad section. And I truly caught my breath.... We are still looking for her and still need to do so. Again, if an organized and sanctioned search comes up please let me know as I will be there with bells on and with others from my unit who want to help... many with horses.

The DA is in control of this now... and that is a good thing.... for justice.. but where is Pat? Where is she?

might I also take this chance to shout out to the average 3-7 guests that are always monitoring this thread to join us? we would love to hear from you.

Hi Everyone,
I've been watching this ever since Pat went missing. I don't know Pat or her family. I do live in KS and have been to many Demolition Derbys and have seen many of the Kimmi's black cars with "In Loving Memory of Taylor" painted across them in bright pink. I never knew exactly what that meant until I started watching this forum. Don't know if these are Pat's kids or other relatives. But I have felt a connection to this case. This wait for justice has been excrutiating, can't even imagine what the family is feeling. Just praying for some answers soon for Pat's family. God Bless....

I found an interesting case which, in a way, parallels this one, mainly because it involved a murder in northeast Kansas and a inquisition was held in it, too.

A body had been found in the Wakarusa River near Topeka, in Shawnee County, in 1992; the inquisition was held in Lawrence, in Douglas County, because LE was getting most of its tips in the case from the Lawrence area.

The body was that of a man who had been shot to death; it was mutilated, the teeth pulled (and, as was later found, the tattoos cut out) to prevent identification.

In that case, the inquisition allowed LE to do several things, including to attempt to identity the murdered man: they had a body and a crime but no identification of the victim.

In our case, as Mrs. K. has not been found, we have a crime but no Mrs. K.

In the first case, the inquisition also allowed LE to attempt to establish, carefully, the identity(ies) of perpetrator(s) of the crime.

Also, the inquisition allowed time for strategy to take place prior to charges being filed, and before the eventual trial - especially given the situations involved, i.e. the identity-less body in the first case, and Mrs. K. having not been found, in our case.

In 1992, at least one man was arrested for the murder and later freed before trial. Another was found guilty of first degree murder in 1994, but his sentence was years later overturned on appeal; finally, in 2004, he was again convicted and sentenced to 15 years to life on a second degree murder conviction in the second trial.

Justice took years to happen, but it happened.

As it will in our case.

Lawrence inquisition:
http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...,7339884&dq=inquisition+lawrence+kansas&hl=en

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...,2718252&dq=inquisition+lawrence+kansas&hl=en

Murder charges dropped:
http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...,3356990&dq=muirder+wakarusa+river+1992&hl=en

Re-trial:
http://www.cjonline.com/stories/051304/loc_cook.shtml

It is so good to hear that progress is being made. The specific legal procedures are somewhat unknown to me and it is interesting to read of your opinions and thoughts on the inquisition.
Continued thoughts and prayers go out to Pat's entire family. This wait must be very difficult for them. It is hard to be patient but it does appear that LE, County Attorney etc are taking particular care to have everything done correctly. Do we assume that the Kansas State Patrol is still involved? Any other branches of LE?
Dear Lord, please continue to watch over Pat and her family as well as everyone who is investigating this crime. Please, also, continue to bless everyone with more patience as pieces of the puzzle are being put together. Thank you, Lord, for your constant watch over us and for your never ending love. Amen.

hang on Rita and sibs..... soon this will come to face the maker.

Hi Northanna....welcome to Websleuths and thanks for joining us....glad to have you on board!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214