KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: Judge Denies Rebecca Hollister's Petition
By Joey May and Ike Larson

A Brown County judge has denied Rebecca Hollister's petition for a portion of the proceeds from the sale of farm machinery to help pay her medical bills
---
Citing past court cases, Kansas law, and "insufficient evidence to support an order of attachment," Weingart announced that "prior to the filing of a petition for divorce a spouse may dispose of his or her personal property without regard to the other spouse ... The evidence presented to date does not meet the burden of proof [the] Plaintiff is required to present to sustain an order of attachment."

Rebecca Hollister has not filed for divorce action against Roger.
---
A criminal attorney of Rebecca, Kelly Kauffman of Topeka, took the stand at Thursday's hearing and said Rebecca's injuries were severe and included several fractures to her legs and pelvis. She said Rebecca was released recently from KU Medical Center and is now a patient at a rehabilitation center in the Kansas City area.
---

and much more, at
http://www.hiawathaworldonline.com/main.asp?SectionID=4&SubSectionID=21&ArticleID=4117&TM=54305.21

Here's hoping it's the last court case he ever wins.

Citing past court cases, Kansas law, and "insufficient evidence to support an order of attachment," Weingart announced that "prior to the filing of a petition for divorce a spouse may dispose of his or her personal property without regard to the other spouse ...

Here's hoping it's the last court case he ever wins.

No kidding. Wow. So your spouse can do whatever they want with marital assets and leave you high and dry in KS. If she wasn't singing before, she should be hollaring at the top of her lungs now.

To quote a section of blacktop near the lumbermill, "Hell's (truly) coming"!

Don't forget: An attorney for PAT KIMMI, and the wrecked lives of 4 kids, 13 grandkids, 1 brother, and her life long friends.

I hope the attorneys involved take EVERY PENNY...I hope those involved are left financially bankrupt the same as they are morally bankrupt.

I'd really like to take all the money involved in Mom's case and rake it into a pile and set it on fire. Just let it burn...

"For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." 1 Timothy 6:10

Amen! And let it burn with ALL guilty parties watching and say..there you wanted it so bad......now watch it burn. Selfish, greedy, and evil to the core. all of them.

Don't forget: An attorney for PAT KIMMI, and the wrecked lives of 4 kids, 13 grandkids, 1 brother, and her life long friends.

I hope the attorneys involved take EVERY PENNY...I hope those involved are left financially bankrupt the same as they are morally bankrupt.

I'd really like to take all the money involved in Mom's case and rake it into a pile and set it on fire. Just let it burn...

"For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." 1 Timothy 6:10

If we are having a bonfire, then I have to make travel plans to come on over to Kansas.
OT aside:
BBM:
I absolutely agree with your statement.
The love of money and their uncaring senseless arrogance caused what happened to your mother, Patricia Kimmi and
will be the downfall of those involved.

Any shred of common kindness or decency had left
her killers a long time ago.

They deserve all that is coming to them.

Judge Rules For Roger Hollister (with video)
---
We spoke with the Hollister's daughter at their home about the decision Friday.

She said, "I want the auction to be as successful as possible, because regardless of the ruling, the money is still going to help both of my parents."
---
She said Rebecca Hollister suffered 16 breaks in both of her legs, broke ribs, cracked her pelvis, her lungs collapsed, and she'll need a complete hip and knee replacement on her right side.

The Hollister's daughter says all this has devastated her family, and she hopes people come out to the auction tomorrow to show their support.
---

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/89302602.html

---

She said, "I want the auction to be as successful as possible, because regardless of the ruling, the money is still going to help both of my parents."
---
She said Rebecca Hollister suffered 16 breaks in both of her legs, broke ribs, cracked her pelvis, her lungs collapsed, and she'll need a complete hip and knee replacement on her right side.

The Hollister's daughter says all this has devastated her family, and she hopes people come out to the auction tomorrow to show their support.
---

BBM. She should have left that out. A good deal is a good deal. But who wants to buy something and have it misunderstood as supporting the Hollisters or helping pay their attorneys? Wonder how many will show up at this auction?

Regarding the Hollister auction, wouldn't it be great if people showed up but no one bid on anything! They would just show up as a protest. The bad thing is then we would probably have to pay for public defender and medical expenses(welfare).

---

---

---

I'm confused. :waitasec: It says the judge ruled in RoH's favor because they weren't divorced when he signed their jointly owned interests over to his attorney. If they were jointly owned, how could they be signed over only by Ro? Wouldn't she have needed to sign as well?

In any case, I assumed this issue wouldn't be resolved until he's found guilty on the attempted murder charges, and that could take ages. And of course, in the meantime, it seems likely he (and possibly she) will be charged in Pat's case as well.

Sadly, it would seem the taxpayers will wind up paying for something - for both of the Hollisters. Either attorneys or medical bills - or both. Talk about adding insult to injury!

---

---

---

SHOW SUPPORT TO ROGER HOLLISTER!!! Are you kidding me?? What kind of support will that show Patricia Kimmi and the Kimmi family?? NONE! What about that Hollister's?? I hope NO ONE goes to this sale.

What a miserable situation.

The atty will get his money but the medical bills will not be paid unless by taxpayers in the form of medicaid etc...?

I think if I were a Kansas resident I would be boning up on Kansas marital law in regards to community property. Sounds like a law or two needs to be changed? At the very least I would be well informed and know how to protect my own interests when I was done studying it!

:(

More prayers for those who truly love Pat Kimmi!

Regarding the Hollister auction, wouldn't it be great if people showed up but no one bid on anything! They would just show up as a protest. The bad thing is then we would probably have to pay for public defender and medical expenses(welfare).

I hope not a soul shows up. Not a single person!

ReHo isn't just a poor abused wife who knew something about her husband and kept quiet about it. I have no sympathy for her at all. Not about the auction money and not about her injuries either. Guilt is guilt and she should rot in jail with her hubby. They deserve everything that happens to them and then some. Being involved a little bit is still being involved.

I know that we are supposed to define our sources, so technically I guess this would be considered rumor since my mother told me this. But I'm pretty sure that she knows the neighbors involved. We've all read the posts about the burning barn with the cattle and the Hs. Well, years later this happened as well. ReHo was along the road trying her darndest to get about 5 calves back into the fence. A male neighbor was driving by and asked her if she needed help. She had told him no but the calves were going everywhere so he got out of his vehicle and helped her chase the calves back into the fence and helped her get them into the barn. The next day, a second neighbor asked the first neighbor if he had seen any calves around because his were missing. He told him their colorings and the first neighbor said that ReHo said that they were hers and that he had helped her get them into her barn. This was years after the burning barn and RoHo was not around. So don't be thinking that ReHo is helpless, innocent, and under his control. She is dirty too.

Aren't cattle branded or is that only in the movies?

Honest question.

Honest question.

Yes, calves are branded - it's not like it is a law or anything though. One doesn't have to. (Though it's a good idea if the lady down the road is given to cattle-thieving.)

I'm confused. :waitasec: It says the judge ruled in RoH's favor because they weren't divorced when he signed their jointly owned interests over to his attorney. If they were jointly owned, how could they be signed over only by Ro? Wouldn't she have needed to sign as well?

In any case, I assumed this issue wouldn't be resolved until he's found guilty on the attempted murder charges, and that could take ages. And of course, in the meantime, it seems likely he (and possibly she) will be charged in Pat's case as well.

Sadly, it would seem the taxpayers will wind up paying for something - for both of the Hollisters. Either attorneys or medical bills - or both. Talk about adding insult to injury!

Example of 'jointly owned' would be
joint banking accounts...either spouse can write checks or make withdrawals..
many auto titles are in the name of 'husband and/or wife' so either could sell the vehicle without the signature of the other..
personal property (furniture, equipment, cattle, etc) acquired during a marriage are considered to be jointly owned...
As far as I know (in Kansas) the only time both husband & wife must sign is when Real Estate is sold.

Edit...
exceptions are:
pre-nuptial agreements
inherited personal property (I think)
inherited cash that is kept in a separate account
inherited real estate or real estate owned prior to marriage is tricky...sometimes the increase in value of the real estate (during a marriage) has to be split between husband & wife (in case of divorce or dispute)

Honest question.

What I have seen is the "big" cattle farmers brand...most put plastic tags in their ears like an earring that has a name or number on it that shows ownership but most don't do anything which is too bad if you have a neighbor like that who steals your calves. Oh BTW....Hell's coming.

I hope not a soul shows up. Not a single person!

I truly am thinking about going...just to "stand for Pat". I would NOT buy anything because I DO NOT WANT TO BE PART OF THE "LYING FUND",:furious:, however there is a possibility that I will go if I can, and if it works out that I can go...I will proudly hold my bright pink sign that says....PAT KIMMI:angel: IS THE VICTIM HERE, HELP US FIND PAT AND BRING HER HOME.
And if I cannot physically be there, I will be there in Spirit. :praying:

ReHo isn't just a poor abused wife who knew something about her husband and kept quiet about it. I have no sympathy for her at all. Not about the auction money and not about her injuries either. Guilt is guilt and she should rot in jail with her hubby. They deserve everything that happens to them and then some. Being involved a little bit is still being involved.

I know that we are supposed to define our sources, so technically I guess this would be considered rumor since my mother told me this. But I'm pretty sure that she knows the neighbors involved. We've all read the posts about the burning barn with the cattle and the Hs. Well, years later this happened as well. ReHo was along the road trying her darndest to get about 5 calves back into the fence. A male neighbor was driving by and asked her if she needed help. She had told him no but the calves were going everywhere so he got out of his vehicle and helped her chase the calves back into the fence and helped her get them into the barn. The next day, a second neighbor asked the first neighbor if he had seen any calves around because his were missing. He told him their colorings and the first neighbor said that ReHo said that they were hers and that he had helped her get them into her barn. This was years after the burning barn and RoHo was not around. So don't be thinking that ReHo is helpless, innocent, and under his control. She is dirty too.

I love that "being involved a little bit is still being involved", how very true :woohoo: It's kind of like "being a little pregnant.....doesn't happen:waitasec:

I truly am thinking about going...just to "stand for Pat". I would NOT buy anything because I DO NOT WANT TO BE PART OF THE "LYING FUND",:furious:, however there is a possibility that I will go if I can, and if it works out that I can go...I will proudly hold my bright pink sign that says....PAT KIMMI:angel: IS THE VICTIM HERE, HELP US FIND PAT AND BRING HER HOME.
And if I cannot physically be there, I will be there in Spirit. :praying:

I hope you do get to go, I will be there in spirit too with my sign that would simply say - Patricia Kimmi - that should get the message across!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maia1919