KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
and more....
Though Shawnee County coroner Erik Mitchell is testing the remains to verify the identity, Kuckelman said other evidence found at the scene leads authorities to believe the remains are those of the missing woman. He would not disclose what items were found.
---
"We are happy to get some closure and get Pat, my mother in law, where she belongs," said Lonnie Boller, who represented the family Wednesday. "We got her before Mother's Day. She will be in heaven with her granddaughter."
---

http://cjonline.com/news/local/2010-05-05/kimmi_remains_believed_found

Well, now we know for sure that not only will she be with Taylor for Mother's Day, they were together for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter, also. Blessings to all of her family as you move on to the next chapter with at least some small measure of resolution.

Omg, I just saw the update on Pat's facebook page. My thoughts and prayers for Pat's family.

and the excellent Hiawatha World has updated again:

---
Within the three main intensive searches - Jan. 21, March 17-19 and again Tuesday and Wednesday of this week - Calhoon said authorities have searched roughly 160 acres in the case. He said pieces of evidence have been seized in each of the searches.

Where they found the remains is a short distance from an area excavated in the March search that uncovered additional pieces of the dismantled truck believed to be involved in the case. The first portion of the dismantled truck was found in January at an Axtell salvage yard, which led to the search of the Roger Hollister property a few days later. There, in a pasture south and west of the farmstead, a truck bed was excavated and seized as evidence.

Kuckelman said DNA testing will be done on the remains for official identification, but because of of other evidence found near the site, he believes they have finally given Pat Kimmi's family some sort of closure after almost six months of waiting.

"We were building a case with no body," Kuckelman said in answer to a question whether it would be easier now to prosecute with a body found. "In Kansas you can convict without a body. But if this is Pat, it does change the case somewhat."

Kuckelman said he did not anticipate filing formal charges for at least two weeks while he waits for the return of DNA testing. He indicated capital murder charges are being considered.

While Roger Hollister has long been considered a suspect, Kuckelman would not confirm that he would be the person charged in the case. He also said there were other people of interest in the case, but at this time did not anticipate charges being filed against more than one person.
---

much more, at
http://www.hiawathaworldonline.com/main.asp?SectionID=4&SubSectionID=21&ArticleID=4308&TM=67730.79

Any word on Pat's ex-husbands demeanor tonight?

Oh my Lord. I just saw this news on FB. I am so so happy for the Kimmi family.
Taylor will have her Ninny with her, always and forever.

Sad that finding Patricia signals an end to any small shred of hope that maybe, just maybe she could still be alive.
I'm just relieved that she has been found.

It's the blessing we all have been hoping for.

The next blessing is to see her killer(s) face
judgement day.... judgement day in the mortal world
and the hereafter.

Another little snippet, particularly in re: ReHo's current condition:
---
Hollister is expected back in court on the attempted murder charge - linked to the crash - next Wednesday. Charges are pending in the Kimmi case. Prosecutors say Hollister is the key suspect.

His wife, Rebecca, was supposed to testify today in her husband's bond reduction hearing, but she wasn't well enough to attend. She has not been charged in the Kimmi case.
---
and more, at
http://stjoechannel.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=128135

Gene and Rita,
Blessings to the both of you. Lonnie said it best... that at least Pat is home for Mother's day. There are just not enough words in the English language to express my thoughts to your family. I cannot imagine what this journey has been like for you.

LE and Prosecuter in Pat's case,
BRING ON THE FIRE and roast these ba$tards on a spit. On second thought scratch that, I think Hell will take care of the heat.. At least put them away until they die and get to enter that inferno of THEIR OWN MAKING.

Oh....that was a good response, someone always thinks ahead around here......

Video taken down now.

I still see it on the link....

Seeing Pats family standing there....watching with such dignity....broke my heart. God Bless them all tonight and in the days ahead. I'm so very sorry...

question: wonder what led them to dig again in that area the other day?

What a bittersweet day. I suppose the outcome here isn't unexpected, but it's hard to let go of hope - no matter how small.

My thoughts are with Pat's family tonight. I can't imagine how they are feeling and I hope they're all together. I think many of us here have come to think of Pat as "our Mom" too and there is just no adequate way to express the complete unfairness of it all.

I guess our hopes now will have to be focused on justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214