KS KS - Randy Leach, 17, Linwood, 15 Apr 1988

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok. First I have not read all of the pages of this thread yet. I will go back and do so but I have a question. In the Adventures With Purpose videos they talk about a guy, DSF<modsnip: full name retracted>, whom was a neighbor of the party hosts. In 2018 he murdered his girlfriend ( I believe he confessed) and during the confession indicated a possible connection to the Randy Leach case. The last I can find on the net that mentions that case is from February 2020. An article discussing expert witnesses etc. Did the trial ever reach a conclusion?

Last edited by a moderator:
Team searches Leavenworth County ponds, properties in search of teen missing for 32 years | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports

"LINWOOD, Kan. — Divers with an Oregon-based organization braved freezing temperatures and blowing snow Friday to search for Randy Leach, the Linwood high school senior who mysteriously disappeared nearly 33 years ago.

The team with Adventures With Purpose combed two Leavenworth County ponds for the missing teenager and his mom’s 1985 Dodge 600 sedan that he drove on April 15, 1988 — the last time he was seen.

“We’re just hoping to find out where Randy is,” his mom, Alberta Leach, told FOX4 on Friday. “We just want to know where Randy is and bring him home.” ..."

Team searches Leavenworth County ponds, properties in search of teen missing for 32 years | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports

"LINWOOD, Kan. — Divers with an Oregon-based organization braved freezing temperatures and blowing snow Friday to search for Randy Leach, the Linwood high school senior who mysteriously disappeared nearly 33 years ago.

The team with Adventures With Purpose combed two Leavenworth County ponds for the missing teenager and his mom’s 1985 Dodge 600 sedan that he drove on April 15, 1988 — the last time he was seen.

“We’re just hoping to find out where Randy is,” his mom, Alberta Leach, told FOX4 on Friday. “We just want to know where Randy is and bring him home.” ..."

Thanks, is this an announcement from January 15th? Can't open it, sorry. I sure hope they find Randy, but I really don't understand why they search under this weather circumstances and not much earlier on in the year or years earlier for that matter. Time is ticking for his poor parents.

This is a picture of the search, from the In Search of Randy Leach great guys for doing this for the parents.

139780420_2476489459320200_8053771089828925490_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, is this an announcement from January 15th? Can't open it, sorry. I sure hope they find Randy, but I really don't understand why they search under this weather circumstances and not much earlier on in the year or years earlier for that matter. Time is ticking for his poor parents.

This is a picture of the search, from the In Search of Randy Leach great guys for doing this for the parents.

139780420_2476489459320200_8053771089828925490_n.jpg

Yes, the news article was dated January 15, 2021. So, I assume the search occurred close to that date.

It's not uncommon for people to dispose of cars in water. For example, a stolen car after a joy ride to hide any evidence or someone looking for an insurance payout on a car they don't want.
Then there are those places where accidents have resulted in cars ands their drivers hidden for years.

Quote RSBM.

The river has a lot of cars in it?? :eek:
Right now Adventures with Purpose is pulling cars out of the Cumberland at the Port of Nashville in TN. They have found 33 cars to pull out of the river. They believe most are stolen or involved in insurance fraud. Every river seems to hid many cars if the river is deep enough.

Right now Adventures with Purpose is pulling cars out of the Cumberland at the Port of Nashville in TN. They have found 33 cars to pull out of the river. They believe most are stolen or involved in insurance fraud. Every river seems to hid many cars if the river is deep enough.

Wow - but thank goodness most aren't accidents.

HARRISONVILLE, Mo. — Harold Leach, father of missing Leavenworth County man Randy Leach, has died, according to a family friend.

Harold passed away with his wife, Alberta, by his side Thursday morning at Lawrence Hospital. He was 79.

Harold and his wife, Alberta, were vocal advocates for their son, who was just 17 years old when he vanished after attending a graduation party in April 1988 at a Linwood farm.

Harold Leach, father of missing Leavenworth County man Randy Leach, dies | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports

Sad day for the Leach family. RIP Harold!:(

HARRISONVILLE, Mo. — Harold Leach, father of missing Leavenworth County man Randy Leach, has died, according to a family friend.

Harold passed away with his wife, Alberta, by his side Thursday morning at Lawrence Hospital. He was 79.

Harold and his wife, Alberta, were vocal advocates for their son, who was just 17 years old when he vanished after attending a graduation party in April 1988 at a Linwood farm.

Harold Leach, father of missing Leavenworth County man Randy Leach, dies | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports

Sad news. RIP

I had so hoped Mr. Leach would have lived the day, knowing what happened to his son. My sincere condolences to the family. RIP Mr. Leach.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back