KS KS - Star Hurtie Boomer, 39, Kansas City, 23 Feb 1999

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/susanmurphymilano/2010/09/21/intimate-partner-homicide-investigation

Host Name: Susan Murphy Milano
Show Name:
Intimate Partner Homicide Investigation: The Murders of Renee Pernice and Star Boomer
Date / Length: 9/20/2010 9:00 PM - 1 hr 1 min
Length: 1 hr 1 min

Description:
h:49726 s:1231005
Where is missing Kansas City mother Renee Pernice? And Star Boomer back in 1999? What is the connection between Shon Pernice and these two cases? Special guest: David Lohr, criminal jounalist. Profiling unsolved murders, susicious deaths and missing persons, those in the middle of a relationship break-up or divorce who suddenly vanished without a trace.

(More at Link)

Cindy did great!
Praying the show generates some new leads or witnesses from the bar that night come forward!

They discuss the name of the bar and the witnesses recanting etc.

A lot of good information in this radio show.

OHHH, my apologies.
I thought that was a new show.
It was done back in September.

Well... it's still a good listen and packed full of info. :)

I was looking at Shon Pernice custody case (Case.Net Missouri) with his first child. I noticed that his address at the time (1999) is in KCK, right down the street of Star Boomer, who went missing in 1999. Just a coincidence???

Goose, in reading through the threads it has been alleged that Shon is the one who gave Star some sort of injection right before she was carried out of the bar.

AFAIK, Geno, Butchie and Star all lived in the same neighborhood and hung out at the same bar, the place Star was last seen.

Thanks, for the info, good skills, keep it coming! :)

I hope he confesses what happened to Star and his wife. He has no reason to protect other people now. Does he? Or they him.

They discuss the name of the bar and the witnesses recanting etc.

A lot of good information in this radio show.

I havent listened to the show yet but FWIR wasnt there a trial or charges bought and dismissed in Stars case or relating to the people involved? I can not remeber the details but I was wondering if those public records are arround somewhere?

Soulmagent,

My apologies, not sure how I missed this for so long but yes, charges were levied and then dropped because all of the witnesses that night at the bar recanted or backed out.

I have some articles that may or may not be available online anymore. I plan to scan them tomorrow and post them here. :)

HTH

ETA: Mods, if I have to I will write to the original authors/reporters/newspapers and get permission to copy/post them in full.
They are Star's sister's copies from over the years.
Input appreciated. :)

Soulmagent,

My apologies, not sure how I missed this for so long but yes, charges were levied and then dropped because all of the witnesses that night at the bar recanted or backed out.

I have some articles that may or may not be available online anymore. I plan to scan them tomorrow and post them here. :)

HTH

ETA: Mods, if I have to I will write to the original authors/reporters/newspapers and get permission to copy/post them in full.
They are Star's sister's copies from over the years.
Input appreciated. :)
Yes, please get permission prior to posting. Thank you!!

I apologise in advance for not knowing anything about this case. I've had a quick read through the thread and can't see this mentioned:

I'm working on something else and have come across the skeletal remains a young lady found 3 miles away, six months later from where Star was last seen.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2436

Perhaps someone who is up on this case would take a look?

I see there is family in this thread - this young lady had "repair of fractured jaw with placement of surgical wire" - if family know Star did/didn't have this injury it would be a quick rule out.

Thanks and good luck, I hope you find her one day.

I've thought about this case off and on for a long time. After many years of keeping quiet, you would like to believe that someone would come forward, so many witnesses..

I apologise in advance for not knowing anything about this case. I've had a quick read through the thread and can't see this mentioned:

I'm working on something else and have come across the skeletal remains a young lady found 3 miles away, six months later from where Star was last seen.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2436

Perhaps someone who is up on this case would take a look?

I see there is family in this thread - this young lady had "repair of fractured jaw with placement of surgical wire" - if family know Star did/didn't have this injury it would be a quick rule out.

Thanks and good luck, I hope you find her one day.

This unidentified person was found in a Kansas City ravine with a size 8 1/2 shoe, found November 1, 1999 completely skeletonized. estimated 5'7" aged 20-40. I submitted Star's info to see if she can be tested. It is worth a shot.

Link to The Charley Project on page 3 was bad. This one should work: Star Gail Boomer – The Charley Project

Excerpt: In October 1999, two local men, William Eugene "Geno" Spradlin and Robert Franklin "Butch" Horn, were charged with second-degree murder in Boomer's case. A photograph of Horn is posted below with case summary. Both suspects have extensive criminal histories and have served time in prison. The murder charges were later dismissed because over a dozen witnesses to the alleged crime refused to testify against the defendants. Authorities believe that several people have information related to Boomer's case, but the individuals have not come forward.

Star's Facebook Missing Page: Star Boomer is Missing

February 22, 2012: Mother Hopes Shon Pernice Will Reveal More Secrets

Hazel Hurtie's daughter, Star Boomer, disappeared 12 years ago, and according to a former prosecutor, Shon Pernice was among the last people to see her alive.

Hurtie, 77, said Star was out at a bar at 49th & Metropolitan in Kansas City, Kan., when she stepped in to defend a woman who was in a fight with a man. Star's arm was injured in the fight and Hurtie said it was Shon Pernice who bandaged her arm and gave her some medication. Star Boomer was then reportedly carried out of the bar by two men.

Police and prosecutors questioned more than a dozen people present at the bar that night but no one could or would positively identify the men.

Hurtie believes Pernice and others at the bar know more than they revealed to police and hopes now that Pernice has confessed to one crime, he will also reveal what he knows about another.

February 22, 2012: Mother Hopes Shon Pernice Will Reveal More Secrets

Hazel Hurtie's daughter, Star Boomer, disappeared 12 years ago, and according to a former prosecutor, Shon Pernice was among the last people to see her alive.

Hurtie, 77, said Star was out at a bar at 49th & Metropolitan in Kansas City, Kan., when she stepped in to defend a woman who was in a fight with a man. Star's arm was injured in the fight and Hurtie said it was Shon Pernice who bandaged her arm and gave her some medication. Star Boomer was then reportedly carried out of the bar by two men.

Police and prosecutors questioned more than a dozen people present at the bar that night but no one could or would positively identify the men.

Hurtie believes Pernice and others at the bar know more than they revealed to police and hopes now that Pernice has confessed to one crime, he will also reveal what he knows about another.

I wish someone would be a pod cast. One of the podcast where they get the police notes and witness statements and stick them up in a forum. This case seems like a few people know what happen and a Podcast might appeal to the locals to help with tips.

Mar 7, 2019
The forgotten ones: KCK police reveal new leads in 20-year-old murder case

5c81307279644.image.jpg

[...]

Witnesses originally admitted there was a bar fight, and Boomer was knocked out then dragged out of the bar by two men, never to be seen again.

[...]

Two men were originally charged in Boomer’s death.

[...]

Prosecutors eventually dropped the charges because key witnesses were terrified to cooperate. It became a case with no body, no real crime scene and tight lips from the dozens of people who were inside that bar.

“We know the story. We know what happened to her and we know who did it. We just need a little more information to put it together and get these guys charged. We just need more people to come forward,” KCK detective William Carpenter said.

For years, detectives have searched caves and tunnels looking for Boomer.

KCK police are now revealing they are focusing on a new location that is not a cave or tunnel. A ground canvass has already taken place, and the next step is cadaver dogs.

“The volunteer group that does that ... they’ve asked for us to wait until spring it has do with weather and ground ... easier pick up scent from the ground,” KCK master detective Tiffany Bergtorf said.

Police have also recently been back to Uncle Mike’s Bar now that is has a new owner. Detectives ripped up tiles and baseboards searching for old blood.

[...]

Police are also trying to connect with a person named Edward.

“I think Edward has a lot of information, and Edward, by what we were told, was not directly involved in this but may have lot of information and would be very helpful to talk to,” Carpenter said.

Edward used to frequent the Turner section of KCK. He may have lived or worked there but has moved out of the state. Detectives believe he may have been a mechanic.

[...]

Cyndy Hurtie became a private detective and trained with search and rescue dogs. She has personally confronted the suspects and searched for her sister’s body.

“They need to pay for it they don’t need be out on the streets hurting and doing things to other people,” she said.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heypig06
Back