GUILTY KS - Vashti Seacat, 34, found slain in house fire, Kingman, 30 April 2011 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well defense is talking about the autopsy report, but he hasn't covered the no soot in the lungs, or the full bladder. I wonder if he will, for the defense's purposes it would make no sense to address those issues.

Now defense is making an issue about the five months to prepare a report......geez!

You add all those things up when you are in a divorce proceeding. Especially when factoring in pensions etc..

Anybody know if the handwriting expert for the State looked at this so called suicide (listing assets) list and determined if it was another forgery by Brett?

I don't know about the first part, and I hope joypath will bring her science fun into the second part... but I will try.

If you have a very full bladder, it makes it hard to concentrate on going to get the gun, set some fires, etc, like Hanley said.. "doing the potty dance".

It shows that Vashti was sound asleep, lying on her side, with a full bladder at 3:15am while her husband snuck up and shot her in the head, svering her spinal cord.

The same result was found in the Mary Winkler trial. Her husband had a full bladder when he was shot. You explained it very well.

I haven't posted much, but have been following. Thank you kindly to those whose posts kept us updated. It's hard when you are supposed to be working, but really want to follow a trial. LOL!

If I were on this jury I don't think any amount of reviewing the evidence or re-listening to video of anything would change my mind from guilty. Will be very interesting to find out what the very first straw vote turns out to be.

I did't see all of the States witness, but the ones I did see seemed much more credible than the defense witness's.

So many of the defense witness were neighbors of BS.

Attack the victim, attack the evidence...........

Anybody know if the handwriting expert for the State looked at this so called suicide (listing assets) list and determined if it was another forgery by Brett?

The defense just used that note as one of the known handwritten articles that were used as Vashti's actual handwriting. I would assume that means it was "real", and authenticated as "real". But on the other hand of that two sided sword, defense did not say whether the defense used it in their authentication of known handwriting or if prosecution used it.....so?

I don't like the way the Defense keeps bringing up Reasonable Doubt.

Still not feeling any doubt about who did this being the same person who made all those threats. Brett was extremely controlling, close to being a megalomaniac. He even left a case on the dining room table about a fire investigation. Strangely enough, Vashti told someone that he had threatened to kill her and set the house on fire.

No reasonable doubt about that in my mind.

I don't know about the first part, and I hope joypath will bring her science fun into the second part... but I will try.

If you have a very full bladder, it makes it hard to concentrate on going to get the gun, set some fires, etc, like Hanley said.. "doing the potty dance".

It shows that Vashti was sound asleep, lying on her side, with a full bladder at 3:15am while her husband snuck up and shot her in the head, svering her spinal cord.

LOL...Ya really don't need me, that answer was perfect! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

An upright, moving individual with that volume of urine pressing on the bladder nerves would get the urge to go & want to void FAST..
It also goes to IMPLY that the decedent was in a DEEP SLEEP (REM), totally unaware of her environment. And.....no exerted pressure of her abdominal muscles as she contorted herself into her "suicide shooting" position --------> try twisting to raise your arm & hand holding ~ 3.5 lbs & stretch to exert pressure to pull the trigger, holding the weapon against (? perhaps?) your lower neck area. That "potty dance" signal WILL more than likely kick in even with that volume! :twocents:

What parent needs to write down NOT to mention suicide to the four and two year little boys? This is too much.

Do they have DP in Kansas, or is he up for life without parole?

This defense attorney's forte is not sarcasm.

I think he may have a future in slap stick. Ya know dropping things, crashing into things, losing things and apologizing profusely for being such a ding a ling.

Axis 1 - 296.3 Diagnosis is Major Depressive Disorder

Must have more than one episode or time period to make it that particular diagnosis. His point being that it was not just one depressive episode.

Sheesh, nobody describes Vashti as being a consistently depressed person. She definitely was doing everything towards her brighter future.

It was Brett who made all those evil threats, and lo and behold, the house was set on fire and Vashti was shot while sleeping.

Did I hear that attorney right? 'It has to be reoccurring for it to be depression'. WTH? Can't it be a continued, uninterrupted state? I think so.

Does this guy think these IM's help his case?? Because to me, IT is a woman who wants out and is working to get out.

This is a mistake in my book.

Mr. Defense asks what those texts messages tell you. It tells me that Brett was begging to not have to make the move out of the house and was prolonging the divorce while he devised his plan to get revenge. He was not going to take her back whenever she decided because she would be dead, and Brett knew it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisa0457
Back