GUILTY KY - AF, 15, found alive, taken by Daniel York, 50, Monticello,14 Mar 2018 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It was probably me who said about citizenship and it was based on that photo.

Looking at the dates, you're right,@MsMarple, that there wasn't enough time. Could that pic have referred to some sort of 'right to remain' temporary paperwork then?

I'm relieved they can't be full US citizens, if I'm honest. If the situation is as dark as it seems, at least they should have the chance to be with family who love them.

This is crazy that it's not all over the news that this mother is missing and now the daughter is missing as well.

Was she on the same foster home as her two siblings?
AFAIK, no details have been released about her siblings and where they are or were at the time AF disappeared.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was probably me who said about citizenship and it was based on that photo.

Looking at the dates, you're right,@MsMarple, that there wasn't enough time. Could that pic have referred to some sort of 'right to remain' temporary paperwork then?

I'm relieved they can't be full US citizens, if I'm honest. If the situation is as dark as it seems, at least they should have the chance to be with family who love them.

I think that's exactly it - they got Green Cards (permanent resident cards), not citizenship. If that's true then the good news is all their fingerprints are on file.

Interestingly, I've found a few pics elsewhere that are very similar to the ones York posted on November 8, 2016. They can't be discussed here but I think it's okay to say the dates were late 2011 and early 2012.

I repeatedly wrote to Kentucky State Police. They don‘t reply. I just don‘t get it. [emoji35]

It's like they don't really care...and the media hasn't really grabbed onto the story. And, as others have said, AF has no family to speak up for her.

Has anyone found any information on the alleged “warrant” that is out for York? I certainly couldn’t find anything.

Another thing that I find curious is the language used in all of the reports about her “missing”.. not abducted..not a runaway.. just simply “missing”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a big mess. We don't have many details about what happened. Did she walk out on her own? Was she forced into going with him? What made CPS take the kids away from him? How was he even allowed to move out of state and have them for such a long time, taking in consideration that the children's mother accused him of domestic violence and of having a sexual relationship with one of the underage girls? He's not even their father. How is this even allowed? How come nobody cares about these kids?

It's like they don't really care...and the media hasn't really grabbed onto the story. And, as others have said, Amabel has no family to speak up for her.

I disagree. Her case was on Live PD a few weeks ago. Lots of exposure IMO!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree. Her case was on Live PD a few weeks ago. Lots of exposure IMO!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is dead. I just think this case is very intriguing, I would guess more people would be discussing it. Poor kid.

Rosselys and AF have had some press coverage but need more, IMO. This needs to be on Dateline, Crime Watch Daily, Ashley Banfield, People Crimes section, etc, etc. Reporters need to interview neighbors of the family in Florida, former co-workers of Daniel York, and the family in Haiti/Dominican Republic. The biggest obstacle in getting coverage seems to be that her family is not in the US. The family also may have limited resources and English may not be their first language. The reporters must go to them with translators to get more info on Rosselys and Daniel York's relationship. It will take a big news organization getting interested enough to do that. JMO.

And the police have been fairly silent. Is a manhunt underway?? Have they had any leads? Should the public be looking for them? It doesn't take much to hold another press conference, does it?

I know that the police here in Canada would be all over it if a situation like this happened, where they suspect a child disappearing with a non-custodial adult. In this case there was one announcement. Has KSP even talked to Palm Beach SO?

Anyone based in the US or Kentucky here who can call Kentucky State Police (or walk in there) to ask about the status of the investigation and if they consider getting other agencies involved and holding a press conference? I‘m afraid they wouldn’t even notice if someone with a lead wrote them unless you walk into the building and wave a giant banner.

Their phone number:
+1 (502) 782-1800

Address:
919 Versailles Rd
Frankfort, KY 40601
United States

Anyone based in the US or Kentucky here who can call Kentucky State Police (or walk in there) to ask about the status of the investigation and if they consider getting other agencies involved and holding a press conference? I‘m afraid they wouldn’t even notice if someone with a lead wrote them unless you walk into the building and wave a giant banner.

Their phone number:
+1 (502) 782-1800

Address:
919 Versailles Rd
Frankfort, KY 40601
United States

According to NamUs there's a KSP Sergeant in charge of AF's case:

NamUs

I think part of the problem is that Rosselys went missing in Florida and AF went missing in Kentucky. I'm sure LE from both states are aware but IMO each state is working their own case without much focus on the other.

If you put both cases together you have a man suspected of murdering his wife then removing his stepdaughter from foster care for sexual purposes - that's huge!

But as people have already mentioned there are problems getting the word out because Rosselys' family are in the DR. Certainly many Florida reporters are bilingual so there shouldn't be a problem with language. I'm kind of surprised none have contacted the family. The post on York's FB page clearly shows family is worried and they have not seen or heard from Rosselys or AF in a very long time.

I feel like FL and KY LE are in a "not my table" mode and are only working their particular case. It would be great to see the FBI involved too but I guess that's pie in the sky... :sigh:

According to NamUs there's a KSP Sergeant in charge of AF's case:

NamUs

I think part of the problem is that Rosselys went missing in Florida and AF went missing in Kentucky. I'm sure LE from both states are aware but IMO each state is working their own case without much focus on the other.

If you put both cases together you have a man suspected of murdering his wife then removing his stepdaughter from foster care for sexual purposes - that's huge!

But as people have already mentioned there are problems getting the word out because Rosselys' family are in the DR. Certainly many Florida reporters are bilingual so there shouldn't be a problem with language. I'm kind of surprised none have contacted the family. The post on York's FB page clearly shows family is worried and they have not seen or heard from Rosselys or AF in a very long time.

I feel like FL and KY LE are in a "not my table" mode and are only working their particular case. It would be great to see the FBI involved too but I guess that's pie in the sky... :sigh:
The family was contacted by Detective Stephen Ultsh from the Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office recently. At the time Daniel Paul York vanished with AF, Rosselys wasn‘t even considered a missing person. Mr. Ultsh seems to be working on the case proactively, but I guess it‘s difficult after 1,5 years and no trace of her (or a body). Kentucky State Police messed up by saying on Twitter AF has been found which was false and they later deleted the tweet. They also do not answer e-mails which is why I was hoping someone local can bug them a little.

I wish one of the bigger news outlets would pick up the case, the FBI will be involved and there will be a worldwide manhunt for DPY. Is it Christmas yet?

The family was contacted by Detective Stephen Ultsh from the Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office recently. At the time Daniel Paul York vanished with AF, Rosselys wasn‘t even considered a missing person. Mr. Ultsh seems to be working on the case proactively, but I guess it‘s difficult after 1,5 years and no trace of her (or a body). Kentucky State Police messed up by saying on Twitter AF has been found which was false and they later deleted the tweet. They also do not answer e-mails which is why I was hoping someone local can bug them a little.

I wish one of the bigger news outlets would pick up the case, the FBI will be involved and there will be a worldwide manhunt for DPY. Is it Christmas yet?

Perhaps that means we should bug them publicly on Twitter again. They responded, possibly because it was in the public eye. They don't want to be embarassed publicly, but perhaps that is what it will take. (And when I say embarassed publicly I don't mean in any nasty way, but just asking them what is going on...i.e. are they doing their job?) What do the rest of you think?

Perhaps that means we should bug them publicly on Twitter again. They responded, possibly because it was in the public eye. They don't want to be embarassed publicly, but perhaps that is what it will take. (And when I say embarassed publicly I don't mean in any nasty way, but just asking them what is going on...i.e. are they doing their job?) What do the rest of you think?

I think that's a good idea. Also, I don't know anything about how twitter works (I'm not on it) but for those of you who are on it, is there a way you can tag major news outlets in your public posts to LE?

I think that's a good idea. Also, I don't know anything about how twitter works (I'm not on it) but for those of you who are on it, is there a way you can tag major news outlets in your public posts to LE?

Yes there is. The challenge might be saying enough to even get them to understand what the issue is in only a short message. But, that doesn't mean we can't try, or it doesn't mean that we can't tag the more regional outlets of the major news outlets, who originally carried the story.

The only thing that I can think of is to post annoying and embarrassing posts to his family members. Other than that, her family needs to hound law enorcement. Perhaps get on a plane and show up on their front door.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406
Back