GUILTY KY - AF, 15, found alive, taken by Daniel York, 50, Monticello,14 Mar 2018 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you Gardener. I actually saw these quotes before :facepalm: but I'm still confused. Did he get custody of the children? Or did he drop the petition and just left with them?

Also, the wording gives me pause: Hernandez said her then 13-year-old daughter “has a suspicious inappropriate relationship with Daniel.” To me it sounds as if AF was willingly in a relationship with DY. What do you make of it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Gardener. I actually saw these quotes before :facepalm: but I'm still confused. Did he get custody of the children? Or did he drop the petition and just left with them?

Also, the wording gives me pause: Hernandez said her then 13-year-old daughter “has a suspicious inappropriate relationship with Daniel.” To me it sounds as if AF was willingly in a relationship with DY. What do you make of it?

I'm not sure if he got custody or it was just dropped. It goes on to say much worse info than that:
In the second, Hernandez said her then 13-year-old daughter “has a suspicious inappropriate relationship with Daniel.”Hernandez said York “seduces” her daughter with “lavish gifts” that he did not give to the other two children and that he engaged in “sexual touching” with the girl.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children shared this photo of AF, the daughter of Rosselys Felix Hernandez. AF ... read more

“He has a love affair with my 13-year-old AF and punishes and tortures my other (two) children and me because he wants to control them so they don’t say what’s going on,” Hernandez wrote in the petition.

It is odd wording but we have to remember she is from Dominican Republic. Some language and cultural issues may be a factor in how it was worded. English may not be her first language so she is describing it in the words she knows. Also, "relationships" start very young in the DR. There is a shocking amount of abuse and trafficking/prostituting* of children AF's age and younger there and in Haiti. Rosselys is only 31 years old which means she had her daughter around age 15 or 16. From what I have read of the DR and Haiti, this age to start having children is much more common there than in the US. The poverty there is crushing and difficult to escape. When York married Roselys and brought her to Florida with her children she must have been so full of hope that her children would not suffer the same in the US as in DR, only to have the same things she may have struggled against in her life start happening to her daughter. I can imagine how devastating that would be. She was brave to file the restraining orders after York tried to take her kids. I only wish she had held firm in them and had had someone else in the US who could have helped her/protected her. She probably had no one living here that she could turn to. A lot of this is my opinion only, of course, based on what I think happened. I've been wrong before.

*There are many sources but just read the Wikipedia page on Human Trafficking in DR: Human trafficking in the Dominican Republic - Wikipedia

I'm not sure if he got custody or it was just dropped. It goes on to say much worse info than that:

It is odd wording but we have to remember she is from Dominican Republic. Some language and cultural issues may be a factor in how it was worded. English may not be her first language so she is describing it in the words she knows. Also, "relationships" start very young in the DR. There is a shocking amount of abuse and trafficking/prostituting* of children AF's age and younger there and in Haiti. Rosselys is only 31 years old which means she had her daughter around age 15 or 16. From what I have read of the DR and Haiti, this age to start having children is much more common there than in the US. The poverty there is crushing and difficult to escape. When York married Roselys and brought her to Florida with her children she must have been so full of hope that her children would not suffer the same in the US as in DR, only to have the same things she may have struggled against in her life start happening to her daughter. I can imagine how devastating that would be. She was brave to file the restraining orders after York tried to take her kids. I only wish she had held firm in them and had had someone else in the US who could have helped her/protected her. She probably had no one living here that she could turn to. A lot of this is my opinion only, of course, based on what I think happened. I've been wrong before.

*There are many sources but just read the Wikipedia page on Human Trafficking in DR: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_trafficking_in_the_Dominican_Republic

Thank you for the background info! It helps to get a feeling for the difficult situation Rosselys likely found herself in. I'm sure you're right and the slightly odd wording stemmed from English not being her mother tongue.

It sure seems to be their real twitter account. If you go to their website it links to that twitter account.

And now this:

KY State Police
‏

@kystatepolice
2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @4thelilones @TomMorrisJr1 and 2 others
It has come to our attention that this juvenile is still missing.

1 reply 0 retweets 2 likes
Reply 1 Retweet Like 2 Direct message
--

It has come to our attention that she is still missing. Seriously? How did it come to their attention that she was found??

--

And they have now retweeted someone else's post with the NCMEC poster.

https://twitter.com/AngelineDC/status/984999545963732992

What a mess up! Do they not care about this child?? Kentucky media needs to get onto this more.
What a cluster!

Tis true. :(

If only they could get their act together.

This story is extremely disturbing to me. Unfortunately it sounds too familiar - becoming too predictable. This girl was likely groomed and probably told that her mom abandoned her.

I am very curious what sparked the removal of the kids from his home.

Me too. Not only did a loving mother disappear without a trace but her husband immediately moves with the three kids soon after and no one found that fishy?? Especially when she even said in a court document that he was inappropriate with her daughter? And it takes them THREE years to finally remove them from his care and soon after he kidnaps the oldest? Where is the national news on both the mom and the daughter? All of this is so heartbreaking and incredibly obvious that he did something to the wife. [emoji17]

When we were thinking AF is safe, we made the media put some light on her mothers case. However, we need also to be loud for AF, i wonder how much attention the girl taken to Mexico got and here nothing is really happening :-( This man has groomed this girl for a while and there no alert out there?!

Thanks, Gardener, i have been reading there too, but this is also the reason i bump on AF's thread - we need it out there that she is missing, that he is to be looked for, where could they be now?!

When we were thinking AF is safe, we made the media put some light on her mothers case. However, we need also to be loud for AF, i wonder how much attention the girl taken to Mexico got and here nothing is really happening :-( This man has groomed this girl for a while and there no alert out there?!
Completely agree!

Plus, Kevin Esterly didn‘t have much money on him. York probably made enough during his time working as TBN’s Network Program Director to hide from authorities. And he has a big family and probably Christian supporters that cover up for him.

If Kentucky State Police works this case like they handle their Twitter account, we will have to wait for him to make mistakes.

Ok....so just to confirm.....

Is AF actually still missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Can't Stand Seeing his face on the front of her thread. I also can't stand that it feels like I know what he did.... he preyed on this mom and her children, because they sincerely looked happy to be loved and coming to America. They were even outside of Immigration smiling. And it seems he had sick plans in his head. That is the lowest of the low. And now the mom is missing, girl is missing and siblings are in foster. ... I can only imagine how hard this is for them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

Live PD on the A&E network featured missing child, AF on Friday night. AF, 15, has been missing since March 15, 2018 and is believed to be with her step-father, Daniel York, 50.

Palm Beach Sheriff&#8217;s Office is also searching for AFs mother, who went missing in November 2016.
According to Palm Beach Sherriff&#8217;s Office the last time Rosselys Félix Hernández, 31, was seen was the end of November of 2016 at her Jupiter, Florida home. Rosselys vanished leaving behind 3 children, including 15 year-old AF, her oldest. The children were being taken care of by their step-father, Daniel York. Shortly after Rosselys vanished, Daniel moved the family to Kentucky.
Daniel and the children lived together in Kentucky until February of 2018 when Family Services took custody of all 3 children.
According to Kentucky State Police, AF went missing from her foster home in Monticello, Kentucky on March 15, 2018. It is believed that AF may be in the company of 50 year-old Daniel York. Daniel may be driving a White Mitsubishi Outlander or possibly a grayish or dark colored Pontiac G6.
There is a felony warrant for Daniel out of Kentucky.

http://wcluradio.com/ncmec-missing-teen-last-seen-in-kentucky/

Missing teen could be 'anywhere' with stepfather wanted on felony warrant in Kentucky

NASHVILLE, Tenn.--The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) and Kentucky State Police are searching for a man believed to be with a missing 15-year-old.

[...]

AF went missing in March and "could be anywhere" according to the NCMEC. York may be driving a white Mitsubishi Outlander or a gray Pontiac G6. A felony warrant for his arrest has also been issued in the state of Kentucky.

[...]

Missing teen could be 'anywhere' with stepfather wanted on felony warrant in Kentucky

Finally we are getting some coverage for this girl!

It is such a sad story and i hope this will be all resolved soon.

NASHVILLE, Tenn.--The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) and Kentucky State Police are searching for a man believed to be with a missing 15-year-old.

[...]

AF went missing in March and "could be anywhere" according to the NCMEC. York may be driving a white Mitsubishi Outlander or a gray Pontiac G6. A felony warrant for his arrest has also been issued in the state of Kentucky.

[...]

I know there are guidelines for Amber Alerts, and I’m guessing since reports say she was in foster care and wasn’t abducted they have held off on issuing it. But in light of felony warrant for DPY, Rosselys disappearance and the fact that they could be “anywhere” I wonder why an AA hasn’t been considered yet ? [emoji20]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member