GUILTY KY - Alex Johnson, 32, Lexington, 20 December 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Article is from Feb. 27th. There is a pre-trial hearing set for March 20th.

Snip

(Markham) Taylor, 29, is charged with murder, kidnapping and tampering with physical evidence. (Timothy) Ballard, 42, is charged with kidnapping, tampering with physical evidence, and being a persistent felon.

According to documents previously filed in district court, Ballard told Lexington police that he saw Taylor beat Alex Johnson to death on Dec. 20, the day Johnson disappeared.

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/02/27/3111615/co-defendants-arraigned-in-missing.html

Sent from my celery phone from Tapatalk. Please ignore typos. My phone is lucky it is in one piece.

Another senseless murder by someone the victim likely trusted and cared about. RIP Alex :(

Sent from my celery phone from Tapatalk. Please ignore typos. My phone is lucky it is in one piece.

SBM.... celery phone? That's classic! LOL.

Very sad. Will never understand why people do these things.

As if this wasn't heartbreaking enough for the family. I hope these two are severely punished by the justice system. My heart goes out to all his family and friends.
http://www.kentucky.com/2014/03/25/3161487/alex-johnsons-parents-say-two.html?sp=/99/322/&ihp=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aww Jeeze. There for a second I was proud of Lexington PD.

Eta: you know what? No. This is pure bull poop!!! I lived in Lexington for over 8 years a block away from him. My husband was a co-worker of Umi Southworth which the police almost botched up as well. They thought she was dead, but turns out when the coroner arrived TWELVE FREAKING HOURS LATER she was actually alive. Although she was severely brain damaged and probably had not survived anyway, what if she had some form of consciousness but could not move her body???!! Imagine that limbo. I have also called to report a few crimes myself and have been frustrated with police response. Lex PD needs to get their crap together.

(snip)
Two people witnessed an attack on University of Kentucky employee Alex Johnson the night he was killed in December and called 911, according to an attorney and private investigator hired by Johnson's parents.

That information led his parents to question whether police could have thwarted the crime with a swifter response.

Both witnesses saw a man being hit in the front seat of a car as it traveled on North Hanover Avenue, where Johnson lived, and heard what one described as his "blood curdling" screams.

"Stop, you're killing me," the man yelled, according to an account one witness gave a private investigator for the family.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2014/03/25/...-say-two.html?sp=/99/322/&ihp=1#storylink=cpy

~this is just so hard to understand right now. my last post on this thread i WAS praising LE, now i dont know what to think! I knew the girlfriend had that name right off the bat and i knew it was her that solved this crime, (because of the phone call and hearing the name) she helped LE out so much, but you know, LE did all the leg work....at this point, i dont think LE would have done much if she didnt have the name, we would still be searching for answers....

and no offence to anyone here but, just because a murderer is found a MONTH later, near the border, with tons of pot, does not mean this murder had anything to do with drugs!! I watch the news alot and i hear all the time, "we believe the murder was drug related..." (never said with this case) im sorry, but sometimes people make poor choices with who they are friendly with.....

Aww Jeeze. There for a second I was proud of Lexington PD.

Eta: you know what? No. This is pure bull poop!!! I lived in Lexington for over 8 years a block away from him. My husband was a co-worker of Umi Southworth which the police almost botched up as well. They thought she was dead, but turns out when the coroner arrived TWELVE FREAKING HOURS LATER she was actually alive. Although she was severely brain damaged and probably had not survived anyway, what if she had some form of consciousness but could not move her body???!! Imagine that limbo. I have also called to report a few crimes myself and have been frustrated with police response. Lex PD needs to get their crap together.

I lived in Lexington, Ky for 30 years, and although I've been in SC for 15 years, I still follow the Lexington news. When I registered at websleuths, I was hoping to find a thread about donald and Umi Southworth, but so far I haven't. Is there a discussion on this forum about them?

also, and by no means secondary I was very saddened to hear about Alex. I never knew him, but his smile just tugs at your heartstrings.

(snip)
Two people witnessed an attack on University of Kentucky employee Alex Johnson the night he was killed in December and called 911, according to an attorney and private investigator hired by Johnson's parents.

That information led his parents to question whether police could have thwarted the crime with a swifter response.

Both witnesses saw a man being hit in the front seat of a car as it traveled on North Hanover Avenue, where Johnson lived, and heard what one described as his "blood curdling" screams.

"Stop, you're killing me," the man yelled, according to an account one witness gave a private investigator for the family.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2014/03/25/...-say-two.html?sp=/99/322/&ihp=1#storylink=cpy

~this is just so hard to understand right now. my last post on this thread i WAS praising LE, now i dont know what to think! I knew the girlfriend had that name right off the bat and i knew it was her that solved this crime, (because of the phone call and hearing the name) she helped LE out so much, but you know, LE did all the leg work....at this point, i dont think LE would have done much if she didnt have the name, we would still be searching for answers....

and no offence to anyone here but, just because a murderer is found a MONTH later, near the border, with tons of pot, does not mean this murder had anything to do with drugs!! I watch the news alot and i hear all the time, "we believe the murder was drug related..." (never said with this case) im sorry, but sometimes people make poor choices with who they are friendly with.....

Alex was my brother's neighbor and I'm so upset that LE didn't follow up on the calls. Everyone liked Alex.

I lived in Lexington, Ky for 30 years, and although I've been in SC for 15 years, I still follow the Lexington news. When I registered at websleuths, I was hoping to find a thread about donald and Umi Southworth, but so far I haven't. Is there a discussion on this forum about them?

also, and by no means secondary I was very saddened to hear about Alex. I never knew him, but his smile just tugs at your heartstrings.

No. It didn't get a lot if news and was very open and shut. My husband said as soon as she didn't show up for work on time they knew something bad and that he had done it. He was a 1000000% creepy, controlling, crazy a$$hat.

Two men accused of killing Alex Johnson of Lexington were given a trial date Friday morning in Fayette Circuit Court.

Robert Markham Taylor and Timothy Curtis Ballard will face jury trial Oct. 5, 2015, on multiple charges stemming from the beating death of Johnson, 30. Taylor, 29, is charged with murder, kidnapping and tampering with physical evidence. Ballard, 43, is charged with kidnapping, tampering with evidence and being a persistent felon.

WKYT-TV reported that the trial is expected to last four to six weeks.

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/10/24/3499518/october-2015-trial-date-set-for.html

Sent from my celery phone using Tapatalk.

The family of a man who was murdered and dumped in the Kentucky River, is suing the city of Lexington.

According to the lawsuit that was filed on Monday, Alex Johnson's family said the 911 call takers failed to do their job when witnesses saw Johnson being beaten and called for help.

snip

The Johnson's said their private detective found the witnesses and copies of the 911 calls. The lawsuit cites two different people reporting the assault. However, it said the call wasn't dispatched to police as a crime "in progress," which could have lead to a faster police response. The suit also claims the call takers failed to stay on the line with the callers until police arrived.

"The 911 call takers thought it was a joke. They didn't do anything," said Lee.

"As far as we know, police were not dispatched to the scene," said Judy

http://www.lex18.com/news/murder-victim-s-family-sues-city-of-lexington/

So sad [emoji20] He may have been saved if they had dispatched the police. [emoji20] [emoji20]

Sent from my celery phone using Tapatalk.

Justice for Alex Johnson
and
As far as the lawsuit, I say damn right!

I was an 911 operator here where I live, while working the ER here as well and I sure wouldn't have had a job.
There is protocol's and it sure wasn't followed here, now was it.

So a man lost his life because these people didn't do their job? Wonder how they would feel if that was done to their family.

http://www.kentucky.com/2015/01/25/3660432/family-of-alex-johnson-still-grieving.html

A year later, Alex Johnson's family continues to grieve...

More than 50 people gathered with chairs and blankets at a lake near Johnson's hometown in Bowling Green earlier this month to share stories and memories. They lit 34 paper lanterns and wrote a memory in honor of Johnson, who would have turned 34 on Jan. 16...

Since his death, his parents, Judy and Lee Johnson, and relatives have attempted to find a degree of peace... But the last year has taken a toll on the entire family, Judy Johnson said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back