KY - Breonna Taylor, 26, fatally shot multiple times by LE, Louisville, 13 Mar 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Last edited:
@JasonRileyWDRB

Among the alleged evidence not presented to the grand jury is video of former
@LMPD
Det. Brett Hankison leaving Taylor's apartment and "removing a metal object, such as a shell casing, from his pocket and dropping it in the breezeway."

Attorneys for said @kyoag's "actions continue to raise eyebrows. Recently, his office took out an arrest warrant against one of the private investigators who had worked on the civil case."
The grand jury also did not hear evidence of Hankison's whereabouts after the shooting, attorneys claim. He had more than 120 calls and text messages. "None of the messages were presented and no efforts were made to interview those who were messaged and called."

Last edited:
@JasonRileyWDRB

@LMPD
Det. Brett Hankison leaving Taylor's apartment and "removing a metal object, such as a shell casing, from his pocket and dropping it in the breezeway."

Attorneys for said @kyoag's "actions continue to raise eyebrows. Recently, his office took out an arrest warrant against one of the private investigators who had worked on the civil case."
The grand jury also did not hear evidence of Hankison's whereabouts after the shooting, attorneys claim. He had more than 120 calls and text messages. "None of the messages were presented and no efforts were made to interview those who were messaged and called."
Holy Crap

in another article, he continues:

Louisville officer: "Breonna Taylor would be alive" if we had served no-knock warrant

Mattingly said that officers had no idea that Taylor's boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, would be at the apartment during the post-morning raid, and that's the reason "we gave her so much time" after what he claimed were multiple knocks on her door.
  • "They wanted to do the right thing and they said, 'Give her time to come to the door,'" said Mattingly, who also claimed that officers yelled, "Police, search warrant!" multiple times before entering.
  • Mattingly said that he was the first officer inside the apartment after they rammed down the door, and that he could see Walker pointing a gun at him after turning a hallway corner.
  • Walker said he did not hear police announce themselves and he fired one shot when they barged through the door, mistaking the officers for intruders
  • "Let's get one thing straight, he wasn't shooting at the ground, he wasn't firing a warning shot. He was in a stretched out, two hands," Mattingly insisted.
What they're saying: "I feel for her. I hurt for her mother and for her sisters. It's not just a passing 'Oh, this is part of the job, we did it and move on.' It's not like that," Mattingly said.
  • "I mean Breonna Taylor is now attached to me for the rest of my life. And that's not again, 'Woe is me.' That's me feeling for them. That's me having a heart and a soul, going as a parent, 'How do you move on?' I don't know. I don't want to experience it."
  • "I spent 20 years giving my time, blood, my energy trying to help the city that I grew up in, that I love," Mattingly said, noting that his family has received death threats. "And now when something tragic like this happens, now your family is the one that everybody wants to come after."
___

Kenneth Walker, who fired first, told investigators it was in self-defense and reiterated that in his own interview. He said he "didn’t have a clue” who was coming through the door.

“I never thought it was the police,” he said. “Because why would the police be coming here?”

Police fired 32 shots in return, six of which struck Taylor, who had worked as an emergency medical technician.

Officer shot in Breonna Taylor’s apartment speaks out about deadly incident

Just...yuck with this Mattingly. Does he have an explanation for why Walker would have called 911? Why not just keep shooting if he suddenly felt the urge to shoot any police officer who politely knocked on his door? After that ridiculous email, this guy has zero credibility.

@robferdman
LMPD Sergeant Jonathan Mattingly filed counter claims against Breonna Taylor’s boyfriend Kenneth Walker for battery, assault, and intentional emotional distress. He and his lawyer seem to be swinging for the fences here. They want punishment for Walker and money for damages...

In response Walker's lawyer Steve Romines said Walker is "immune from both criminal prosecution and civil liability as he was acting in self defense in his own home. Even the most basic understanding of Kentucky’s Stand Your Ground law and the Castle Doctrine evidences this fact"
"One would think that breaking into the apartment, executing his girlfriend and framing him for a crime in an effort to cover up her murder would be enough for them. Yet this baseless attempt to further victimize and harass Kenny shows otherwise."

@robferdman
LMPD Sergeant Jonathan Mattingly filed counter claims against Breonna Taylor’s boyfriend Kenneth Walker for battery, assault, and intentional emotional distress. He and his lawyer seem to be swinging for the fences here. They want punishment for Walker and money for damages...

In response Walker's lawyer Steve Romines said Walker is "immune from both criminal prosecution and civil liability as he was acting in self defense in his own home. Even the most basic understanding of Kentucky’s Stand Your Ground law and the Castle Doctrine evidences this fact"
"One would think that breaking into the apartment, executing his girlfriend and framing him for a crime in an effort to cover up her murder would be enough for them. Yet this baseless attempt to further victimize and harass Kenny shows otherwise."
Not to mention that after ramming the door and killing Breonna they chose not to use the search warrant that night to search her apartment. This is a typical case of when the evidence does not meet their narrative then go for character assignation of a victim..disgusting and so wrong.
Does Mattingly think he was the only victim that night?
And do they really think calling Kenneth Walker a person who intentionally shot a police officer is not slander on their part? Since they have dropped those charges.

@JasonRileyWDRB

@LMPD

Again this is a perfect example of this evidence did not match the narrative they wanted to put out there.

@JasonRileyWDRB

@LMPD

This may explain what Hankinson was dropping out of his pocket and into the breezeway, Hankison was also recorded by Swat inside the apartment after the shooting asking a swat member if there was a long gun found and if someone was dead. So did he possibly plant the rifle casings?
Attorney general: Rifle casings found inside and outside Breonna Taylor's apartment

@dctello
A third anonymous grand juror in the Breonna Taylor case is coming forward, according to the attorney's press release. No. 3 "firmly supports the fact that no additional charges were allowed at the conclusion of their service."

upload_2020-10-30_16-55-17.jpeg

Records in the criminal case against Brett Hankison-the only officer charged in the Breonna Taylor shooting-won't be sealed. Jefferson Circuit Judge Ann Bailey Smith has ruled there are "less restrictive alternatives" to sealing records.
The judge rejected the AG’s & Hankison’s joint motion to seal records in the case because the media attention would inhibit their ability to seat a fair jury.
Redactions will include names of juvenile witnesses and identifying information about witnesses (names will be included).

Hospital and medical records, autopsy and scene photos/footage of the deceased and telephone records from more than 24 hours before or after the incident will be off limits to the public, Smith ruled...

In her order, Smith pointed to all the investigatory details and evidence that was already in the media, much of it she said put forth by Attorney General Daniel Cameron's office in press conferences, in local and national media interviews and on its website.
Breonna Taylor case: Hankison's discovery records won't be sealed

Eight months after the killing of [URL='https://ew.com/news/john-legend-breonna-taylor-op-ed/']Breonna Taylor, ABC News is looking to shed new light on the intensely scrutinized case. ABC News has teamed with the Louisville Courier Journal for a special episode of 20/20 investigating the night of Taylor's death, with rare footage, previously unheard details, and new interviews guiding a deep dive into the case.
20/20's special investigation with The Courier Journal will premiere Friday, Nov. 20, at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.[/URL]
'20/20' to investigate Breonna Taylor's death in new special — watch the powerful trailer

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back