KY - Breonna Taylor, 26, unarmed, fatally shot multiple times by police, Louisville, 13 Mar 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that challenging the search warrants without any evidence that they were illegal is going nowhere. The subsequent arrests appear to be evidence they were legal. Anyway, here is a link to the AG discussing the GJ and what was presented. I don't think it has been posted before but apologies if it has.

Court to release grand jury record in Breonna Taylor case

"Kentucky’s attorney general acknowledged that he never recommended homicide charges against any of the police officers conducting the drug raid that led to Breonna Taylor’sdeath, and said he didn’t object to a public release of the grand jury’s deliberations.

Amid outrage over the jury’s decision last week to not charge any of the officers for Taylor’s fatal shooting, Attorney General Daniel Cameron said Monday that he also did not object to members of the panel speaking publicly about their experience.

“We have no concerns with grand jurors sharing their thoughts on our presentation because we are confident in the case we presented,” Cameron said in a written statement.

Cameron also revealed late Monday that the only charge he recommended to the grand jury was that of wanton endangerment. He had previously declined to say what charges he recommended.

The grand jury last week charged Officer Brett Hankison with three counts of wanton endangerment for firing through Taylor’s apartment into an adjacent unit with people inside. No one in the adjacent unit was injured. Hankison, who was fired from the force for his actions during the raid, pleaded not guilty on Monday."

Continued at link.

Last edited:
somewhere in one of the articles it stated that LE reports after watching the house stated there was no drug trafficking going on

Have you got the link for that, because the only way they would know that, was if they knew what was in the packages?

Last edited:
Last edited:
The judge ordered Hankison to not possess any firearms, which was disputed by his attorney, Mathews.

Mathews said Hankison had received multiple threats and asked the judge to reconsider allowing Hankison to possess firearms “for self-defense purposes.”

Judge Ann Bailey Smith denied the request.

Former LMPD Officer Indicted In Breonna Taylor Case Pleads Not Guilty

Last edited:
Why would there be a warrant for an inspector General? Jmo
I was stating that because you stated that the post man can't just go thru looking at mail without a warrant.. the Postal Inspector can if asked by LE but I was stating that we don't know thee wasn't a warrant given to LE about the packages..IMO

The judge ordered Hankison to not possess any firearms, which was disputed by his attorney, Mathews.

Mathews said Hankison had received multiple threats and asked the judge to reconsider allowing Hankison to possess firearms “for self-defense purposes.”

Judge Ann Bailey Smith denied the request.

Former LMPD Officer Indicted In Breonna Taylor Case Pleads Not Guilty
Well I certainly hope there aren't a bunch of nut jobs around who want to take revenge. Is Hankison married? If so perhaps his OH can have a gun.

Well hear we go Hankinson was the only officer that was brought up to the GJ and only allowed to consider wanton endangerment.
Cameron states the other officers could not be brought up because there was reasonable doubt, well I thought that was a decison made by a jury when they were given all the evidence about a crime (which the GJ was not given) or that a jury of our peers would render at trial. bring on the evidence.
Grand jury not presented with murder charges against 2 officers in Breonna Taylor's death, AG Cameron says

I was stating that because you stated that the post man can't just go thru looking at mail without a warrant.. the Postal Inspector can if asked by LE but I was stating that we don't know thee wasn't a warrant given to LE about the packages..IMO

Oh, ok. I was just misunderstanding because the inspector General is a different branch. Postal inspector. We're on the same page.

@JasonRileyWDRB
@LMPD
was told no 'suspicious' packages were sent to Breonna Taylor's home, according to an internal police investigation.
“Sgt. Mattingly stated he told Detective Jaynes there was no package history at that address,” Salyer told investigators.
Still, even a month after Taylor's death, Det. Det. Joshua Jaynes was asking Salyer about packages. Salyer "was confused as to why Det. Jaynes contacted him almost a month after the shooting"
Salyer also said the “postal service does not want to work with LMPD any longer” after an incident involving officers and postal workers a few years ago. The police summary does not elaborate.
A detective who had checked with a postal inspector for LMPD about the packages asked Mattingly & Det. Mike Nobles, about what Jaynes wrote in the warrant. Nobles said he was confused about the "conflicting information on the affidavit as well"
Internal investigation: Louisville police told no 'suspicious' packages sent to Breonna Taylor's home

@JasonRileyWDRB
@LMPD
was told no 'suspicious' packages were sent to Breonna Taylor's home, according to an internal police investigation.
“Sgt. Mattingly stated he told Detective Jaynes there was no package history at that address,” Salyer told investigators.
Still, even a month after Taylor's death, Det. Det. Joshua Jaynes was asking Salyer about packages. Salyer "was confused as to why Det. Jaynes contacted him almost a month after the shooting"
Salyer also said the “postal service does not want to work with LMPD any longer” after an incident involving officers and postal workers a few years ago. The police summary does not elaborate.
A detective who had checked with a postal inspector for LMPD about the packages asked Mattingly & Det. Mike Nobles, about what Jaynes wrote in the warrant. Nobles said he was confused about the "conflicting information on the affidavit as well"
Internal investigation: Louisville police told no 'suspicious' packages sent to Breonna Taylor's home
"
Salyer also said the “postal service does not want to work with LMPD any longer” after an incident involving officers and postal workers a few years ago. The police summary does not elaborate."

?????

I don't really get all this because JG himself has admitted getting packages delivered there. I think I will just wait till the GJ recordings are released to see if they cover the search warrants.

"

I don't really get all this because JG himself has admitted getting packages delivered there. I think I will just wait till the GJ recordings are released to see if they cover the search warrants.

9.) Affiant verified through a US Postal Inspector that Jamarcus Glover has been receiving packages at 3003 Springfield Drive #4. Affiant knows through training and experience that it is not uncommon for drug traffickers to receive mail packages at different locations to avoid detection from law enforcement. Affiant believes through training and experience, that Mr. J. Glover may be keeping narcotics and/or proceeds from the sale of narcotics at 3003 Springfield Drive #4 for safe keeping.

The postal inspector and SGT. Mattingly both say this wasn’t verified.
https://twitter.com/JasonRileyWDRB

Attachments

• A16FB8D9-F526-4DE2-962F-A99C860585BD.png
    A16FB8D9-F526-4DE2-962F-A99C860585BD.png
    57.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 421D2B85-7197-443D-BE68-75B177017E94.png
    421D2B85-7197-443D-BE68-75B177017E94.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
"
Salyer also said the “postal service does not want to work with LMPD any longer” after an incident involving officers and postal workers a few years ago. The police summary does not elaborate."

?????

There is a difference between "packages" and "suspicious packages."

9.) Affiant verified through a US Postal Inspector that Jamarcus Glover has been receiving packages at 3003 Springfield Drive #4. Affiant knows through training and experience that it is not uncommon for drug traffickers to receive mail packages at different locations to avoid detection from law enforcement. Affiant believes through training and experience, that Mr. J. Glover may be keeping narcotics and/or proceeds from the sale of narcotics at 3003 Springfield Drive #4 for safe keeping.

The postal inspector and SGT. Mattingly both say this wasn’t verified.
https://twitter.com/JasonRileyWDRB

OK so why does JG himself say he receives packages there? After all, it is his registered address, based on his car and bank statements. And LE know this is common practice. If they left out his registered address from the search warrants, that would be negligent and ruin the whole operation as they had witnessed him picking up packages in January.

Not really, when the suspect is a known drug seller IMO.
Exactly. A drug dealer having packages sent to someone else's address is by itself suspicious. JMO

Exactly. A drug dealer having packages sent to someone else's address is by itself suspicious. JMO

Fact check: Posts with Breonna Taylor 'truths' include misinformation

Glover said he only had clothes and shoes sent to Taylor's apartment because he was afraid they would be stolen if they were left at his home.

Louisville's U.S. postal inspector, Tony Gooden, told WDRB News in May that a different agency (which he did not identify) had asked in January to look into whether Taylor's home was receiving suspicious mail. The office had concluded that it wasn't, Gooden said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar