KY - Breonna Taylor, 26, unarmed, fatally shot multiple times by police, Louisville, 13 Mar 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • It was Mattingly, the officer who was shot at Taylor's apartment, who asked the postal service whether Glover was receiving packages at Taylor's apartment. Jaynes wrote in a March 12 sworn affidavit for a search warrant that he had verified that Glover was receiving packages at Taylor's home through a postal inspector (a Louisville postal inspector later told WDRB news that wasn't true).
Breonna Taylor case: Report details why police wanted to search home

I don't think there is any question Glover received packages at Breonnas' apt. I believe he admitted as much.

How long has he been in the position? I don't blame him for looking for a career path but has he had any other questionable cases for example?
I dont blame anyone for their ambitions but when you do it on the back of others so you are not kept in office. For me that is a problem in any situation. no matter the affiliation.

I don't really know how the postal inspector would know if they were "suspicious". He (JG) admitted himself he has packages delivered there so it is the contents that are in question rather than whether they were suspicious to the postal inspector. Do they have dogs sniffing all the mail for drugs for example. I would find that unlikely, but LE may have intercepted some packages- I don't know if or how we would know that. Or LE may have tracked or traced some packages themselves.
No about the dogs but the Postal "Inspector" is expected and allowed to look at any mail or packages that are suspected of containing drugs and report that to LE unless LE is the ones who request such inspections and then the Postal Inspector will report back to LE if there is anything "suspicious" in the package.

I have to ask why would the KY AG office decide not to investigate the information on the warrant application as to its validity. Guess if you don't investigate that you can't provide that evidence to the Grand Jury.
AG never asked grand jury to consider homicide charges in Breonna Taylor's killing

I read the article you linked and I don't see where the Attorney General said they didn't investigate the information on the search warrant affidavit. I did see this.

It remains unclear if any evidence was presented to the grand jury about how the warrant was obtained.

Is this how you came to your conclusion?

AG never asked grand jury to consider homicide charges in Breonna Taylor's killing

I want to make a point on how I feel about the search warrant. If it's found at a later date that the warrant was illegal then the officer who wrote it should be punished accordingly.

Does that mean the officers who fired their weapons at BT's apartment should be charged for her death? No. They didn't write the warrant so that's doesn't change anything. JMO
I have to respectfully disagree if LE is breaching a home with false information used to gain the warrant, that is a 4th amendment violation against illegal search and seizure. What that means is that LE should have never been at that home breaking down a door that would cause a homeowner to use their stand your ground law only to find out is was LE he was shooting at. It all goes hand in hand.
IMO the reason that isn't being admitted is because the Feds would have already made arrest's we will have to see what their investigation uncovers.

I have to respectfully disagree if LE is breaching a home with false information used to gain the warrant, that is a 4th amendment violation against illegal search and seizure. What that means is that LE should have never been at that home breaking down a door that would cause a homeowner to use their stand your ground law only to find out is was LE he was shooting at. It all goes hand in hand.
IMO the reason that isn't being admitted is because the Feds would have already made arrest's we will have to see what their investigation uncovers.
At this point we have no reason to believe that the search warrant was illegal. The officer's therefore acted legally. The resident also acted legally in defending himself. JMO

@dctello
Purvis: Is Joshua Jaynes, the detective who swore out the affidavit, under investigation?
Schroeder says that there is currently an investigation by the FBI. When that wraps up, PSU will start.

*@louisvillemayor
says no release of Public Integrity Unit investigation files into the death of Breonna Taylor until next week (and after redactions).

Last edited:
Well you have me confused because this statement "It remains unclear if any evidence was presented to the grand jury about how the warrant was obtained." means that it's not known what the grand jury heard about how the search warrant was obtained. In other words it tell us nothing.

I can't come to conclusions using nothing. JMO

I dont dispute the packages were going there at all. LE asked the postman to investigate and let them know if the packages were suspicious. The affidavit states they verified their beliefs about the package with the post office, but the didnt. Without verification that drugs were ever in the apartment, the entire warrant is based on hearsay and circumstantial evidence.

What hearsay? The warrant stated he had picked up a package at the apartment. It did not say they knew what was in it. It did say "experience tells us". Jmo

Also, you cannot just walk up to a mail carrier (postman) and they investigate a package. You have to contact a postal inspector.

Last edited:
What hearsay? The warrant stated he had picked up a package at the apartment. It did not say they knew what was in it. It did say "experience tells us". Jmo
IIRC the whole investigation started because they got a tip drugs were being mailed there (hearsay). And exactly they had no idea what was in the packages, so its unreasonable for them to think they would find drugs in the apartment given the lack of any evidence confirming it

I dont dispute the packages were going there at all. LE asked the postman to investigate and let them know if the packages were suspicious. The affidavit states they verified their beliefs about the package with the post office, but the didnt. Without verification that drugs were ever in the apartment, the entire warrant is based on hearsay and circumstantial evidence.

Who are the "they" your talking about?

IIRC the whole investigation started because they got a tip drugs were being mailed there (hearsay). And exactly they had no idea what was in the packages, so its unreasonable for them to think they would find drugs in the apartment given the lack of any evidence confirming it

The whole investigation did NOT start because they got a tip drugs were being mailed there. As it turns out in my opinion BT's apt shouldn't have been raided but it certainly wasn't what initiated the investigation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Disregard this post if you want because I don't have a link. I read so many things & don't take notes. I read that an officers actions which are legal don't become illegal if he wasn't aware the warrant was obtained illegally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy