KY - Breonna Taylor, 26, unarmed, fatally shot multiple times by police, Louisville, 13 Mar 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Breonna Taylor case: What we know about the special prosecutors

This is the 3rd or 4th posting of this link. I expected some comments, but there weren't any. I believe I recognized the two special prosecutors standing behind the AG at the presser. I would like to know if they were given the authority to take the case wherever the evidence led them. Bottom line is the AG is the boss and we'll see if at some point he throws them to the wolves. jmo
I tried to read it and it said I needed to subscribe

Good post & this is also how I saw it. However, it would take a h*** of a man to have made the decision on his own. He would have been crucified.

He ran for office. He took the case. He makes the decisions. He is the person where the buck stops. He gets no sympathy or pass from me. Sometimes you have to make the hard decision and have the chips fall where they may. I believe he knew we would get to the release of these documents. I hope he speaks about his decision to not present to the gj.

If he thought people would not recognize his side-stepping on that day, he was wrong. It took many people less than the time he was in the news conference to start asking for the release based on how he presented what the gj filed as charges. The full electorate is not that gullible or blind.

I am a very fair minded person, if you recall upthread on more than one occasion I stated that I may not like the GJ decision but it was the system we have and I would accept there decision.
Here is where the rub now come in IF the KY AG did not present all of the evidence to the GJ then their hands were tied when it came to the decision they ultimately made.
I am not the only person who has started to see that it seems that may have been a problem there are State Government and City Government who are also brining this into the light. There is the head of a LMPD swat unit that is saying this raid was not done correctly, you have an officer who blatantly lied to obtain a search warrant, you have a Judge who is ordering the information to be publicly released.
So to say that there are a bunch of "us" who are not fair minded is a bit of a reach if you ask me.
This has always been my understanding of how our judicial system works
A crime is committed LE investigates and makes an arrest (if necessary) the investigative reports are given to the DA office if the DA chooses not to make a call on the charges they can empanel a Grand Jury it is then up to the prosecutors office to present ALL of the evidence to the Grand Jury (not cherry pick the evidence they want to tell the GJ) if indictments are handed down then the person is charged and it goes before the court and a jury of our Peers votes for a guilty or not guilty decision.
When you have a AG decide he doesn't want to make the decision on an officer involved shooting and brings in a GJ all of the evidence needs to be put forth they cannot say well I don't want to make the decision on indictment but I can get to do that on the back side by not giving all the evidence to the GJ and forcing them to make the decision the AG wants but it appears to be the decision of the GJ.
There is a whole community of people who want to heal from this case but that can only be done when the whole truth comes out about this case.
If the warrant was legally obtained, if truthful facts were in the investigative report, if there was a valid reason for the DA to recuse himself, if the KY AG provided all the evidence to the GJ and they stand behind there decision then let's get it all out now, not in dribs and drabs like it has been for 6 months, get the truth out to the public let us absorb it, get acceptance and start the healing process.
I pray that with some of the decisions that were made today we will get to that place.
It sounds like you think the AG is corrupt.

https://twitter.com/WFPLNews
At a press conference with attorney Kevin Glogower and other lawyers representing an anonymous juror who is asking a judge to allow jurors in the Breonna Taylor case to speak freely about last week’s grand jury proceedings.

Glogower:
* Press release from AG Cameron's office indicates that they're going to comply with the court order and release recordings of proceedings. But grand jurors should have the right to discuss things that were not recorded.
*What we're getting from AG's office is that they presented everything, but statements from AG's office indicates that is not the case.
*That raises questions about evidence presented and whether grand jurors were allowed to decide for themselves whether Cosgrove & Mattingly acted in self defense, as Cameron asserts.
*The message that grand jury proceedings are secret and cannot come out aren't true. The court can order the release of information and the accused has right to the information. Could set chilling precedent for not letting public in on what's happening.
*Client wants to do the right thing as a grand juror and as a citizen without repercussions.
*Hopefully the next step is we get a ruling in court that my client, and other grand jurors, can talk.
*Grand jury is allowed to investigate, ask about additional charges, etc. But we don't know if any of that happened, and it could have happened outside the recordings.
*This is something where the juror is not seeking any fame, any acclaim, any money.

I think that justice for Breonna Taylor would be to make changes to how police conduct search warrants in cases similar to this.

Do not use a no knock warrant late at night. Just too dangerous for everyone.

Increased surveillance to know who exactly is in the home before serving the warrant. Police may have found out that a legal gun owner was inside and serving a warrant late at night with him inside could lead to disaster.

Perhaps police could place the home under surveillance, detain the occupants when they are outside of the home, then serve the warrant. They could safely enter an empty home. JMO

Breonna Taylor neighbor wants to know why cop wasn't charged for shooting into his unit

Two bullets tore through the floor of Stanley David’s apartment the night Breonna Taylor was killed.

David said he first thought someone was breaking into one of the apartments in his building. He said none of the five people in his apartment heard police knocking on Taylor’s door or announcing their presence.

By 8 a.m., David went outside to go to work. He said a police officer told him he couldn’t because there was evidence under his work van.

A short time later, more police came to his apartment to ask questions. They checked his apartment and found the bullet hole in the hallway floor but not the one outside his bedroom door, roughly 5 feet from where he was sleeping — that was later discovered by FBI agents, David said.

Police initially said someone shot at officers and officers responded.

David and family eventually decided to move in June. Federal agents were still in David’s apartment investigating the shooting as he and his family packed up their belongings — some of the agents even helped, he said.

Breonna Taylor neighbor wants to know why cop wasn't charged for shooting into his unit

Two bullets tore through the floor of Stanley David’s apartment the night Breonna Taylor was killed.

David said he first thought someone was breaking into one of the apartments in his building. He said none of the five people in his apartment heard police knocking on Taylor’s door or announcing their presence.

By 8 a.m., David went outside to go to work. He said a police officer told him he couldn’t because there was evidence under his work van.

A short time later, more police came to his apartment to ask questions. They checked his apartment and found the bullet hole in the hallway floor but not the one outside his bedroom door, roughly 5 feet from where he was sleeping — that was later discovered by FBI agents, David said.

Police initially said someone shot at officers and officers responded.

David and family eventually decided to move in June. Federal agents were still in David’s apartment investigating the shooting as he and his family packed up their belongings — some of the agents even helped, he said.

If the neighbor couldn't even hear the officers knocking on the door wich Walker characterized as banging & someone trying to break in, it's no surprise he didn't hear them announce.

I just came back from an hour walk with my dog (pictured) at the nature preserve. Thinking about this case I've changed my mind a little. Learning from the press conference that one officer fired 16 times and possibly reloaded I think he could have been charged with something. The bar is pretty low I'm not aware of the media reporting if the AG would be charged with prosecuting the case if there was an indictment. However, do we want them to prosecute a case they don't believe in.

It sounds like you think the AG is corrupt.
I think LMPD is corrupt and I also think the city has helped them with that effort for years, this is not the first issue LMPD has had large issues but by far this has been the worse and went global so they are having a harder time burying it

I think the KY AG is more focused on his career decision and the ones he wants to pass the buck. So his public service career is not affect by the constituents. And is looking for a road to Washington you know like this.
Kentucky attorney general on President Trump's short list for future Supreme Court nominees

I just came back from an hour walk with my dog (pictured) at the nature preserve. Thinking about this case I've changed my mind a little. Learning from the press conference that one officer fired 16 times and possibly reloaded I think he could have been charged with something. The bar is pretty low I'm not aware of the media reporting if the AG would be charged with prosecuting the case if there was an indictment. However, do we want them to prosecute a case they don't believe in.
Your dog is beautiful and you guys are lucky to have each other, I love my service dog and my new kitty.

I just want to know if the GJ was given info about all of the officers and given an opportunity to hand down charges. If the other 2 were firing in a wreckless fashion then why did the KY AG state that the GJ was given all of the options when it came to Hankinson, he did not state when it came to all of the officers who discharged their weapons.
I think Hankinson should have been charged for his actions but I also think the GJ should have been able to voice their decisons on weather the other officers acted in a wreckless fashion.
And look I totally get the argument that the police had a right to defend themselves when they were fired upon that is only natural and expected in our society, but if you are also going to have any state with open carry laws, stand you ground laws and NKW's it is just setting the community and LE up for a bad situation and here we have it.
Reform and laws need to change. Then when you throw the fact that the NKW was obtained with some old and untruthful information and that started this ball rolling then I want to know if there are legality problems with this case that is all I am saying about how this happened.
Having different opinons from each other is a good thing and should not be something that should make us angry and make us divided, it should be a conversation starter these are big issues and we are all adults, and reading the posts and thought of others who dont agree with me gives me a chance to sit back and see if I am being bias on this case because it affects my community so I am happy to listen to all sides.
If at anytime I have offended anyone with my posts let me take this time to say I am sorry that has never been my intent.

Last edited:
If the neighbor couldn't even hear the officers knocking on the door wich Walker characterized as banging & someone trying to break in, it's no surprise he didn't hear them announce.
I dont think the neighbor was saying he didn't hear the officers knocking on the door, I am sure that everyone heard them banging and ram the door after all that is what woke BT and KW up and led to him getting his gun, I do see where the article states he did not hear them knock I think he meant like knock on a door like a visitor would but I dont really know what he was thinking the fact that later in the article it says he thought the apartment was being broken into is what makes me think he had to have heard something outside of her door. but not announcing who they were is why the first shot happened and breaking down the door is what made him and the other neighbors also think an apartment was being broken into.

Last edited:
Your dog is beautiful and you guys are lucky to have each other, I love my service dog and my new kitty.

I just want to know if the GJ was given info about all of the officers and given an opportunity to hand down charges. If the other 2 were firing in a wreckless fashion then why did the KY AG state that the GJ was given all of the options when it came to Hankinson, he did not state when it came to all of the officers who discharged their weapons.
I think Hankinson should have been charged for his actions but I also think the GJ should have been able to voice their decisons on weather the other officers acted in a wreckless fashion.
And look I totally get the argument that the police had a right to defend themselves when they were fired upon that is only natural and expected in our society, but if you are also going to have any state with open carry laws, stand you ground laws and NKW's it is just setting the community and LE up for a bad situation and here we have it.
Reform and laws need to change. Then when you throw the fact that the NKW was obtained with some old and untruthful information and that started this ball rolling then I want to know if there are legality problems with this case that is all I am saying about how this happened.
Having different opinons from each other is a good thing and should not be something that should make us angry and make us divided, it should be a conversation starter these are big issues and we are all adults, and reading the posts and thought of others who dont agree with me gives me a chance to sit back and see if I am being bias on this case because it affects my community so I am happy to listen to all sides.
If at anytime I have offended anyone with my posts let me take this time to say I am sorry that has never been my intent.
What part of the search warrant contained untruthful information? Legally what is the definition of old information in a warrant? Two weeks? Two months?

What part of the search warrant contained untruthful information? Legally what is the definition of old information in a warrant? Two weeks? Two months?
Two months is considered old information, current information is 48-72 hours. that is considered fresh information.
The untruthful information is when the Judge was told that the officer (who was applying for the warrant) has spoken to the US Mail Inspector General and was told drugs were being shipped through the mail to BT apartment for JG. Th Inspector General has publicly stated that he was asked if there were packages for JG being sent to BT home and he stated yes, but he says at no time did LE ask him if it involved drugs. and that is why he said there were no suspicious packages being delivered to that address, but that was not the information given to the Judge who signed off on the warrant.

I dont think the neighbor was saying he didn't hear the officers knocking on the door, I am sure that everyone heard them banging and ram the door after all that is what woke BT and KW up and led to him getting his gun, I do see where the article states he did not hear them knock I think he meant like knock on a door like a visitor would but I dont really know what he was thinking the fact that later in the article it says he thought the apartment was being broken into is what makes me think he had to have heard something outside of her door. but not announcing who they were is why the first shot happened and breaking down the door is what made him and the other neighbors also think an apartment was being broken into.

I don't want to belabour the point but the neighbor definitely said he didn't hear police knock or announce. I only mentioned this because of the claim that 10 or 12 people did not hear the police knock & the inference that they didn't. I never took this claim seriously because without knowing what these people were doing at the time it meant zero to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
It hasn't been proven that police didn't get a postal inspector verification that Glover was receiving packages at BT's home.

It is "possible" that Louisville police asked a mail inspector from another jurisdiction of the U.S. Postal Inspection Service for help, Gooden said, but he said his office almost surely would have been notified of an outside agent's involvement.

That didn't happen, he said. If a postal inspector from another agency did review packages at Taylor's apartment without notifying him, it would be innappropriate.

Do you have a link that shows it's illegal for police to use information that was gathered two months prior to asking for a warrant?

Louisville postal inspector: No ‘packages of interest’ at slain EMT Breonna Taylor’s home

Two months is considered old information, current information is 48-72 hours. that is considered fresh information.
The untruthful information is when the Judge was told that the officer (who was applying for the warrant) has spoken to the US Mail Inspector General and was told drugs were being shipped through the mail to BT apartment for JG. Th Inspector General has publicly stated that he was asked if there were packages for JG being sent to BT home and he stated yes, but he says at no time did LE ask him if it involved drugs. and that is why he said there were no suspicious packages being delivered to that address, but that was not the information given to the Judge who signed off on the warrant.

Do you have the link for what is old information vs fresh and the limitations that would apply to the warrant? I'm having trouble finding it.

I think LMPD is corrupt and I also think the city has helped them with that effort for years, this is not the first issue LMPD has had large issues but by far this has been the worse and went global so they are having a harder time burying it

I think the KY AG is more focused on his career decision and the ones he wants to pass the buck. So his public service career is not affect by the constituents. And is looking for a road to Washington you know like this.
Kentucky attorney general on President Trump's short list for future Supreme Court nominees
How long has he been in the position? I don't blame him for looking for a career path but has he had any other questionable cases for example?

Here's a link to the search warrant affidavit. It's states that Glover may be keeping drugs and or drug money at BT's home. It doesn't state that police knew for a fact that drugs or drug money were there.

.) Affiant verified through a US Postal Inspector that Jamarcus Glover has been receiving packages at 3003 Springfield Drive #4. Affiant knows through training and experience that it is not uncommon for drug traffickers to receive mail packages at different locations to avoid detection from law enforcement. Affiant believes through training and experience, that Mr. J. Glover may be keeping narcotics and/or proceeds from the sale of narcotics at 3003 Springfield Drive #4 for safe keeping.

https://reason.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Breonna-Taylor-search-warrants.pdf

It hasn't been proven that police didn't get a postal inspector verification that Glover was receiving packages at BT's home.

Do you have a link that shows it's illegal for police to use information that was gathered two months prior to asking for a warrant?

Louisville postal inspector: No ‘packages of interest’ at slain EMT Breonna Taylor’s home

I don't really know how the postal inspector would know if they were "suspicious". He (JG) admitted himself he has packages delivered there so it is the contents that are in question rather than whether they were suspicious to the postal inspector. Do they have dogs sniffing all the mail for drugs for example. I would find that unlikely, but LE may have intercepted some packages- I don't know if or how we would know that. Or LE may have tracked or traced some packages themselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member