KY - Breonna Taylor, 26, unarmed, fatally shot multiple times by police, Louisville, 13 Mar 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link, but I feel that it has more questions than answers for this murder. But it is good to see that some will believe what attorneys have to say as long as its not the ones that are speaking for the victim since she has no voice at this time. And saying that LE has every right to shoot up an innocent persons apartment but that someone in the house has no rights to protect them self from what at the time was believed to be a break in just does not makes sense to me. And the fact that all of LE was in street clothes and according to several neighbors did not announce themselves is a real problem in this case, and not to mention that Kenneth Walker called 911 to ask for help since they had just been broken into and his girlfriend was shot shows that LE also did not say who they were even after the shooting. If Kenneth knew LE was on scene he would not have called 911 to request help from LE.
This case is a mess and has been one since March 13. Again I have no problem with having a difference of opinion, it just means people can agree to disagree. And again the KY AG has the ballistic report can we finally see what bullet hit the officer, did it come from the gun Kenneth Walker was using or from an officer that was shooting all over that apartment? That could answer a lot of questions again thank for the link.

Thanks for the thanks. I try not to make judgement on a case until all the facts are out. We don't know everything yet. I often play devils advocate because it upsets me that people are willing to judge way too soon in my opinion.

I keep forgetting her sister and niece lived with her.

In the terabytes of call logs, surveillance tapes, database searches and other evidence detailing her connection to Mr. Glover, the Louisville police appeared to miss the new arc that the young woman’s life had taken, an oversight that would have calamitous consequences.
Sloppy surveillance outside her apartment in the hours before the raid failed to detect that Mr. Walker was there, so the officers expected to find an unarmed woman alone. A failure to follow their own rules of engagement and a lack of routine safeguards, like stationing an ambulance outside, compounded the risks that night...
An ambulance on standby outside was told to leave about an hour before the raid, counter to standard practice.
While the department had gotten court approval for a “no-knock” entry to search for evidence of drugs or cash from drug trafficking, the orders were changed before the raid to “knock and announce,” meaning that the police had to identify themselves...
Mr. Wine, the county prosecutor, said both the police version and Mr. Walker’s account of events could be correct: Through the door, he suggested, the police and the couple inside did not hear each other...
Breonna Taylor’s Life Was Changing. Then the Police Came to Her Door.

Another report on ties between Glover & Taylor[/QUOTE]
I am unable to read this link since it is behind a paywall so I cannot comment on this one. Fyi
Thanks for the thanks. I try not to make judgement on a case until all the facts are out. We don't know everything yet. I often play devils advocate because it upsets me that people are willing to judge way too soon in my opinion.
I could not agree more, I am just having a hard time accepting everything said by LE in this case, when you are willing to give a known criminal a plea as long as they say the innocent person murder was also part of a drug ring because that case is giving LE a bad name just shows to what lengths they are willing to go to for there own narrative. I come from a long line of LE so I am by no ways anti LE but right is right and wrong is wrong and my community wants to know the truth of what happened that night. I want my community back and for all the craziness to stop. I want to feel comfortable to be able to go out after dark and not feel like my own life could be in jeopardy and I am sure I am not the only citizen to feel this way. It is high time for true transparency in this case and let the chips fall were they may.

This is the full interview with Kenneth Walker (he was Breonna's boyfriend at the time and place of the murder)
And this is the video of Kenneth Walker being taken into custody right after the shooting when LE was not rendering aid to Breonna at the time Kenneth was arrested.
And this is photos of Breonna's apartment after the murder for those who have not seen them yet.
Bullets riddle Breonna Taylor's apartment after officer open fire | 11alive.com

When you play the first video (the audio of the interview), does the entire thing echo for you or no?

@robferdman

At least one of the officers participating in the deadly raid on Breonna Taylor’s home was wearing a body camera, and at least one other was wearing a body camera holder, according to crime scene photographs taken by the Louisville Metro Police Department and obtained by VICE News.
This contradicts statements by the Louisville Metro Police Department that the officers involved, who work narcotics, do not wear body cameras. The department has also said there is no body camera footage from the raid. It’s unclear, however, if the camera present was turned on during the raid.

They show an apartment riddled with bullets, including holes through the ceiling and nearly every room and wall. They also, in a few instances, appear to reveal discrepancies in the placement of several bullet casings between what is pictured at night and the following day
There is literally no reason ever to move evidence, and it sure appears to be the case here,” criminologist Peter Kraska said after being shown the photos.

More to come, including another scoop this morning that shows LMPD either misrepresented intel it had before the raid, or didn't share it with the officers involved

New Photos Show Cop in Deadly Breonna Taylor Raid Wore a Body Camera

Last edited:
@robferdman

At least one of the officers participating in the deadly raid on Breonna Taylor’s home was wearing a body camera, and at least one other was wearing a body camera holder, according to crime scene photographs taken by the Louisville Metro Police Department and obtained by VICE News.
This contradicts statements by the Louisville Metro Police Department that the officers involved, who work narcotics, do not wear body cameras. The department has also said there is no body camera footage from the raid. It’s unclear, however, if the camera present was turned on during the raid.

They show an apartment riddled with bullets, including holes through the ceiling and nearly every room and wall. They also, in a few instances, appear to reveal discrepancies in the placement of several bullet casings between what is pictured at night and the following day
There is literally no reason ever to move evidence, and it sure appears to be the case here,” criminologist Peter Kraska said after being shown the photos.

More to come, including another scoop this morning that shows LMPD either misrepresented intel it had before the raid, or didn't share it with the officers involved

Those photos are just insane. I can't believe how many bullet holes there are- everywhere. And are the body cams just "props" or what? Scary.

@robferdman

The officer with the camera was not involved with the shoot out to my knowledge. Also, it was stated that two different units were involved in the raid. Don't know if the officer with the camera was in the narcotics unit or another unit.

Does anyone know how Walker avoided any injuries? Where was he?

@robferdman
Police knew there might be another person—and a gun—at Breonna Taylor's home, despite claims by LMPD suggesting they had no reason to believe her boyfriend Kenneth Walker would be there.
A day before the raid, a detective involved in the investigation requested intelligence on Walker, according to a source w knowledge. The intelligence was provided that same day and included a picture of Walker and Taylor together. It also showed Walker legally owned a handgun.

Police Knew There Might Be Another Person — and a Gun — at Breonna Taylor's Home

Seriously. Walker has given interviews & much has been written. Hopefully he knows where he was. Why was she shot & he not. Just curious.
The good lord is the only reason both of them were not murdered
Yes he has attended a press conference when he filed his right full lawsuit. I am a bit confused on the question as to why he wasn't shot.
Is there an implication that he should have been help me out I don't understand. Thanks

So, Breonna was a co-conspirator. But, the cops didn't have evidence beyond a package delivered that even the USPS said was not drug related. The warrant was served after the warrant where the intended target was apprehended. The officer who was shot was shot by Walker's gun but now maybe not. No officer rendered aid to Breonna. Now we hear that there may have been a camera (on or off, we don't know yet) and footage and it is only about six months later. Fish rots from the head. There should never have been a warrant for this home. The leadership here has got to go. The officers who wrote the supplements to obtain the warrants should be charged.

Too funny, that the dangerous criminal who needed to be apprehended late at night on a no-knock is safe enough to be in the community through a probation offer IF he admits that Breonna (the very dead woman who was relaxing in her home on the night she was killed) was part of his drug selling ring. The very dangerous man won't take that plea.

I submit he is dangerous and should go to jail. But, I will add that there are some very dangerous men in the local LE and the DA's office that should go to jail, not get their pensions, and never be able to work in LE again.

AND, it would have all been covered up because they had already started the whitewashing process....

@robferdman
Police knew there might be another person—and a gun—at Breonna Taylor's home, despite claims by LMPD suggesting they had no reason to believe her boyfriend Kenneth Walker would be there.
A day before the raid, a detective involved in the investigation requested intelligence on Walker, according to a source w knowledge. The intelligence was provided that same day and included a picture of Walker and Taylor together. It also showed Walker legally owned a handgun.

Police Knew There Might Be Another Person — and a Gun — at Breonna Taylor's Home

Ughh. The obfuscation of the facts in this case has been world class and amazing. Thank goodness that Mr. Walker, Ms. Taylor's family, the press and the protestors persisted. As Fannie Lou Hamer said, "I am sick and tired of being sick and tired," the people who are waiting for justice must just feel so sick and tired of the dribs and drabs of the truth. I hope they keep speaking up in order to get to the truth.

From the article, Police Knew There Might Be Another Person — and a Gun — at Breonna Taylor's Home

"According to the risk matrix associated with Taylor’s address, officers indicated they expected other people to be at her apartment by including ‘additional persons on-site.” They didn’t check “multiple suspects,” which would have shown they thought other people named on the warrant — like Glover — might be there.

At the time of the raid, Taylor’s younger sister Juniyah Palmer was living in the apartment with her, though she was on a trip that particular week. Walker also frequently spent the night there.

The risk matrix also includes the presence of a handgun as a potential factor. Neither Taylor nor her sister owned firearms. But Walker, as indicated in the intelligence provided to the Louisville Metro Police Department before the raid, was a licensed firearm owner.

Lastly, the form indicates the potential presence of someone with a criminal history that includes charges related to firearms or concealed carry deadly weapons, which is also consistent with Walker, who VICE News has learned was charged in 2016 for carrying a weapon without a license. The charge has since been dismissed, and no longer appears on his record, but the police would have known about it. "

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member