KY - Breonna Taylor, 26, unarmed, fatally shot multiple times by police, Louisville, 13 Mar 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is way beyond time for PDs, and especially LPD to re-examine their procedures around raids, including no-knocks (which this supposedly was not). At the very least, they should care about how dangerous it is for the police themselves, in addition to the danger and trauma to children, pets, and adults in these situations.
No knock warrants are not allowed in Louisville anymore because of this case. A day late and a dollar short if you ask me, but hopefully it will save some other innocent person from being killed this way.

They dated until mid February, he was still using her phone number and address as his own, driving around her car and she was seen on video with him in February in front of one of the other houses that was raided. According to his own words, she had about $15k of his money in her apartment. She was tied in with him more deeply than any of us knew

This doesn't justify what happened that night. Definitely doesn't justify the police lying on their report, and barely filling the thing in otherwise. Or all the confusion about body cams and footage. Seems you should have to have the thing on and be ready to present it if someone dies on your watch.

The reports I've seen say no money (and no drugs) were found in her apartment. Here's a source: Drug suspect offered July plea deal if he would admit Breonna Taylor part of 'organized crime syndicate'

Also from this source. Interesting and disturbing behavior, not just from LPD but also from the Commonwealth's Attorney. Looks like an attempt to smear in order to whitewash a wrongful death.

"Jamarcus Glover, the focus of a series of Louisville police raids, including one in which officers shot and killed Breonna Taylor, was offered a plea bargain last month if he would say that Taylor was a member of his “organized crime syndicate,” records show.
Glover, a convicted felon with a history of drug trafficking, turned down the plea offer from the Jefferson Commonwealth’s Attorney’s office. It would have resulted in a possible 10-year prison sentence on charges of criminal syndication, drug trafficking and gun charges.
Commonwealth’s Attorney Tom Wine said in a statement that the offer that included Taylor was a "draft" and part of negotiations with Glover and his lawyer.

Wine said his office was aware of information, including jail phone calls, in which "Mr. Glover implicated Ms. Taylor in his criminal activity.

"When I was advised of the discussions, out of respect for Ms. Taylor, I directed that Ms. Breonna Taylor’s name be removed. The final plea sheet provided to Mr. Glover’s counsel is attached and clearly does not include Ms. Taylor as a co-defendant," he said. "

Breonna Taylor's boyfriend files civil complaint against Louisville police and city

The boyfriend of Breonna Taylor, killed in a "hail of police gunfire" during a late night raid filed a civil lawsuit against the city and department.

Kenneth Walker "has already sustained life-long trauma, still fears harm from those who consider him a danger and seek to take away his freedom again," according to a complaint filed in Jefferson County District Court.

"They refused to answer when we yelled, 'Who is it?'" Walker told reporters. "Fifteen minutes later, Breonna was dead from a hail of police gunfire and I was in police custody."

"They said there's drugs there. There's no drugs there. They said there's money there. There's no money there," his lawyer said. "Everything that they said about this was false. And yet they (said) 'Well no harm, no foul.' No. There has to be consequences."

"The charges brought against me were meant to silence me and cover up Breonna's murder," Walker said. "For her and those that I love, I can no longer remain silent."

I've read the legal arguments why the officers can't be charged & have not seen any legal arguments saying they can.

It’s a sad situation. IF the warrants etc were obtained using the truth than I don’t see how all these cops can be blamed.
Let’s not forget he still had ties to her name and address by using her phone #, her address, and apparently driving a car under her name. Unless that has all been proven false and I missed it?

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
This doesn't justify what happened that night. Definitely doesn't justify the police lying on their report, and barely filling the thing in otherwise. Or all the confusion about body cams and footage. Seems you should have to have the thing on and be ready to present it if someone dies on your watch.

The reports I've seen say no money (and no drugs) were found in her apartment. Here's a source: Drug suspect offered July plea deal if he would admit Breonna Taylor part of 'organized crime syndicate'

Also from this source. Interesting and disturbing behavior, not just from LPD but also from the Commonwealth's Attorney. Looks like an attempt to smear in order to whitewash a wrongful death.

"Jamarcus Glover, the focus of a series of Louisville police raids, including one in which officers shot and killed Breonna Taylor, was offered a plea bargain last month if he would say that Taylor was a member of his “organized crime syndicate,” records show.
Glover, a convicted felon with a history of drug trafficking, turned down the plea offer from the Jefferson Commonwealth’s Attorney’s office. It would have resulted in a possible 10-year prison sentence on charges of criminal syndication, drug trafficking and gun charges.
Commonwealth’s Attorney Tom Wine said in a statement that the offer that included Taylor was a "draft" and part of negotiations with Glover and his lawyer.

Wine said his office was aware of information, including jail phone calls, in which "Mr. Glover implicated Ms. Taylor in his criminal activity.

"When I was advised of the discussions, out of respect for Ms. Taylor, I directed that Ms. Breonna Taylor’s name be removed. The final plea sheet provided to Mr. Glover’s counsel is attached and clearly does not include Ms. Taylor as a co-defendant," he said. "
I was speaking to the point of how enmeshed her life was with original suspect in the case and how they were still in contact shortly before all this happened. Some people don't know how deep she was in with him and why she and her residence were listed on the warrant.

What happened that night was a tragedy and is the sad result of no knock warrants. She wasn't the first person killed during one of these but hopefully she's the last. Everything that happened afterwards with regards to the police is utter bull****and has only made things so much worse.

It is way beyond time for PDs, and especially LPD to re-examine their procedures around raids, including no-knocks (which this supposedly was not). At the very least, they should care about how dangerous it is for the police themselves, in addition to the danger and trauma to children, pets, and adults in these situations.
No knock warrants are not allowed in Louisville anymore because of this case. A day late and a dollar short if you ask me, but hopefully it will save some other innocent person from being killed this way.
I've read the legal arguments why the officers can't be charged & have not seen any legal arguments saying they can.
Link please

It’s a sad situation. IF the warrants etc were obtained using the truth than I don’t see how all these cops can be blamed.
Let’s not forget he still had ties to her name and address by using her phone #, her address, and apparently driving a car under her name. Unless that has all been proven false and I missed it?

<modsnip>
Please link to the information you have provided thats shows all the info of things you say Breonna provided to Glover.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please link to the information you have provided thats shows all the info of things you say Breonna provided to Glover.
Warrants issued for arrest of Breonna Taylor’s ex-boyfriend amid leaked new documents

My previous post was deleted because I didn't include a link.

He was using her phone number in February, he was having mail sent to her house and they found mail with his name on it during the search. They have picture of him using her car and pictures of her at one of the other residences that were raided. According to phone transcripts she knew all about the trap house. They have photos of him picking up packages at her apartment.

None of this changes or excuses what happened that night, it's just showing why police had a warrant to search her house. Her ties with the suspect were much deeper than previously reported.

Warrants issued for arrest of Breonna Taylor’s ex-boyfriend amid leaked new documents

He was using her phone number in February, he was having mail sent to her house and they found mail with his name on it during the search. They have picture of him using her car and pictures of her at one of the other residences that were raided. According to phone transcripts she knew all about the trap house. They have photos of him picking up packages at her apartment.

None of this changes or excuses what happened that night, it's just showing why police had a warrant to search her house. Her ties with the suspect were much deeper than previously reported.

Breonna Taylor: Why Louisville police decided to forcibly search home

Another report on ties between Glover & Taylor

Thank you for the link I had not seen that information.

Thank you for the link I had not seen that information.
You're welcome. If I can find the link that shows all 39 pages, I'll post that. For some reason I can't find them anywhere and they were all over last week when they first came out.

Police officers should not be charged with Breonna Taylor's death, criminal law experts say

Link requested by Kimmer
For those that haven't read all posts this link was provided in post#59 & reposted again in post#77
Thanks for the link, but I feel that it has more questions than answers for this murder. But it is good to see that some will believe what attorneys have to say as long as its not the ones that are speaking for the victim since she has no voice at this time. And saying that LE has every right to shoot up an innocent persons apartment but that someone in the house has no rights to protect them self from what at the time was believed to be a break in just does not makes sense to me. And the fact that all of LE was in street clothes and according to several neighbors did not announce themselves is a real problem in this case, and not to mention that Kenneth Walker called 911 to ask for help since they had just been broken into and his girlfriend was shot shows that LE also did not say who they were even after the shooting. If Kenneth knew LE was on scene he would not have called 911 to request help from LE.
This case is a mess and has been one since March 13. Again I have no problem with having a difference of opinion, it just means people can agree to disagree. And again the KY AG has the ballistic report can we finally see what bullet hit the officer, did it come from the gun Kenneth Walker was using or from an officer that was shooting all over that apartment? That could answer a lot of questions again thank for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia