KY - Breonna Taylor, 26, unarmed, fatally shot multiple times by police, Louisville, 13 Mar 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When even the Judge who signed the warrant feels that she was lied to about the information to get the warrant that is all I
Need to hear, when an officer tells the GJ there were "issues" with how the warrant was obtained there is a problem.

Its makes no sense to say that of the defense attorneys weight in on this subject you won't "believe" that statement is about as hypocritical as I have heard to pick and choose what to believe and not to is just as one sided of a conversation as I have heard.

Would it be fair for me/us to say well if the prosector's say something about this case don't post a link?

The link below may be behind a paywall so here is a copy and paste to some of the article. Upthread I posted links to all of the GJ recordings feel free to listen to them, they are straight out of the AG and the and the detective mouths.

Then after breaking into the house they did not even execute the search warrant, so legally did they just break and enter?

No packages had been delivered to Breonnas house for JG for "months" LE were told that from the Postal Inspector as well as the packages that were delivered 2 months earlier they were not "suspicious" LE had done surveillance on Breonnas apartment and knew that JG had not picked up packages in at least 2 months.

And then top it off with the evidence that LE had JG in custody before breaking down her door, a fact that the LE officer who conducted her raid knew before breaking into a "soft target"
In the middle of the night with plain clothed officers in unmarked cars.

But I do agree Breonna's death is a tragedy.

Judge says she is 'concerned' detective may have lied to get Breonna Taylor search warrant
Andrew WolfsonDarcy CostelloTessa Duvall
Louisville Courier Journal

View Comments
which has been investigating the search warrant application for Taylor's apartment that led to the fatal raid.

The Courier Journal asked Shaw if she intended to demand that Detective Joshua Jaynes show why he shouldn’t be held in contempt for swearing in an affidavit that he “verified through a U.S. Postal Inspector that suspected drug dealer Jamarcus Glover has been receiving packages” at Taylor’s home.

2af46cff-e113-45c6-8f31-f45c2dcc418d-Joshua_Jaynes_photo.jpg

Records obtained by The Courier Journal and first reported by WDRB show that Louisville police were told before the March 13 raid that no packages "suspicious or otherwise" had been delivered to Glover at Taylor's residence in the months before she was shot and killed by police executing a no-knock search warrant.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/breonna-taylor/2020/10/01/breonna-taylor-case-judge-concerned-lmpd-cop-lied-get-warrant/5883362002/

I think the investigation that ensued served as the search warrant probably. With one person fatally shot and another seriously injured they could not execute the warrant IMO.

I think the investigation that ensued served as the search warrant probably. With one person fatally shot and another seriously injured they could not execute the warrant IMO.
Yea and the police report that showed there were no injuries, can you explain that??
Louisville police release Breonna Taylor incident report – it lists her injuries as ‘none’
If this link can't be opened or believed you can Google other articles just type in Breonna Taylor incident report that shows no injuries it is all over the web.

Yea and the police report that showed there were no injuries, can you explain that??
Louisville police release Breonna Taylor incident report – it lists her injuries as ‘none’
If this link can't be opened or believed you can Google other articles just type in Breonna Taylor incident report that shows no injuries it is all over the web.

I thought it said no injuries under victim because its a death investigation. My assumption was there are no living victims to report injuries for. Jmo

<modsnip>

Re: the judge's statement of being concerned the detective "MAY" have lied to obtain warrant - "MAY" does not equate to actual knowledge the detective lied - for all I know the judge is up for re-election and is courting votes. I would hope all judges would at least have a concern a detective may be lying to obtain warrants as part of their duty to protect the rights of citizens as well as follow the law pertaining to warrants.

Is there any evidence that the officers at Breanna's apartment had any knowledge or concerns regarding whether or not the warrant was legally obtained ? If the officers had no knowledge that the warrant was not legally obtained their actions at Breanna's apartment were NOT criminal.

Yes, MSM articles are reputable and acceptable - if the article quotes Mr. X's statement I can have the reasonable belief that Mr. X did indeed make that statement whether or not his statement is true all depends if his statement is based on facts or evidence or is just his opinion.

I look at both sides of the case as well - hopefully when I post on a case I remember to include "IMO" when commenting on the possible actions a suspect, victim or police officer made unless I have undisputed facts showing what their actions were.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it said no injuries under victim because its a death investigation. My assumption was there are no living victims to report injuries for. Jmo
If that were the case, why would they not include Officer Mattingly's injuries? And because someone dies it not indicative of them not being injured. When someone is shot 5-6 times and dies it makes no sense on the report to claim there were no injuries, death investigation or not.

Last edited:
She didnt have any injuries because she was fatally shot. That's the only thing I think that can mean, that the coroner or ME would have to do an autopsy to determine the wounds and cause of death. You can determine injuries when someone is conscious but not when they are dead.

I hope the belligerent comment was not directed at me. I do not put much weight in the Prosecutor's, Defense attorney, or a Civil Suit attorney's comments to the media until/unless their statement is backed up by undisputed video, audio or forensic evidence otherwise their statements are being made to advocate for their client or their position.

Re: the judge's statement of being concerned the detective "MAY" have lied to obtain warrant - "MAY" does not equate to actual knowledge the detective lied - for all I know the judge is up for re-election and is courting votes. I would hope all judges would at least have a concern a detective may be lying to obtain warrants as part of their duty to protect the rights of citizens as well as follow the law pertaining to warrants.

Is there any evidence that the officers at Breanna's apartment had any knowledge or concerns regarding whether or not the warrant was legally obtained ? If the officers had no knowledge that the warrant was not legally obtained their actions at Breanna's apartment were NOT criminal.

Yes, MSM articles are reputable and acceptable - if the article quotes Mr. X's statement I can have the reasonable belief that Mr. X did indeed make that statement whether or not his statement is true all depends if his statement is based on facts or evidence or is just his opinion.

I look at both sides of the case as well - hopefully when I post on a case I remember to include "IMO" when commenting on the possible actions a suspect, victim or police officer made unless I have undisputed facts showing what their actions were.
My comment was not directed at any person imperticular.
The above posted recording are very clear on the evidence that was presented. Those are not MSM those are statements that came straight from the KY AG office and the Officers involved in the raid, one of which is the officer who applied for the warrant and then went to the raid, I am sure he knew what bad information he had given to the Judge.
IMO- weather a Judge is running for reelection or not saying publicly they may have been lied to in order for a warrant to be signed is something I have never heard.

A shadowy figure, an 'ambush': Officers give jumbled accounts of night Breonna Taylor died

October 4, 2020 |7:16 ET

Breonna Taylor shooting: Police give jumbled accounts to investigators

One of the officers who shot Taylor described in recorded testimony the chaotic scene he found himself in when he walked into the apartment.

The cop, Detective Myles Cosgrove, said he saw a barrage of flashing lights and that he was “overwhelmed” with bright flashes and darkness.

He added that he saw a shadowy figure appear in the apartment but couldn’t decipher what it was because of the flashing lights.

“I see this distorted, shadowy mass, this figure in front of me that is coming and going due to the flashing light. This is all happening, again, in seconds,” he said.

Despite his distorted vision, Cosgrove said, he fired his gun in those chaotic moments in the Louisville apartment.

“I know, or I’m fairly positive … I’d fired or [was] firing during those flashes,” he said.

Last edited:
A shadowy figure, an 'ambush': Officers give jumbled accounts of night Breonna Taylor died

October 4, 2020 |7:16 ET

Breonna Taylor shooting: Police give jumbled accounts to investigators

One of the officers who shot Taylor described in recorded testimony the chaotic scene he found himself in when he walked into the apartment.

The cop, Detective Myles Cosgrove, said he saw a barrage of flashing lights and that he was “overwhelmed” with bright flashes and darkness.

He added that he saw a shadowy figure appear in the apartment but couldn’t decipher what it was because of the flashing lights.

“I see this distorted, shadowy mass, this figure in front of me that is coming and going due to the flashing light. This is all happening, again, in seconds,” he said.

Despite his distorted vision, Cosgrove said, he fired his gun in those chaotic moments in the Louisville apartment.

“I know, or I’m fairly positive … I’d fired or [was] firing during those flashes,” he said.

So if all Cosgrove saw was flashing lights and a shadowy figure, the flashing lights must have been the gun fire from his brothers in blue, Mattingly and Hankinson and according to his own testimony he did not see anything but darkness and flashing lights, and the ballistics report shows he fire the shot that killed Breonna why were no charges considered for him? He says he had no line of sight and saw a shadow figure in the darkness so here is what he have according to the released recording by officers and the PIU officers.
1. Warrant contained with "issues".
2. The Judge who issued the warrant also has issues with the info she was provided.
3. Glover was already in custody and LE knew that before they hit a "soft target" at 12:30 at night.
4. Mattingly had also confirmed with the Postal Inspector that no "suspicious packages" or packages for 2+ months for JG had been delivered to BT apartment.
5. The first narrative the officers on site gave was that Breonna was shooting with a long gun or Ak rifle at the officers and that was never true and that narrative fell apart quickly.
6. Cosgrove now admits that he did not have line of sight before he fired 16 shots into an apartment that he could only see a shadowy figure and flashing lights (his words not mine).

These are just some of the high points and all can be found in the recording that I posted upthread.

PLEASE DO NOT ENGAGE IN A BICKERING MATCH OR DEBATE WITH ANOTHER MEMBER.

If you take issue with someone’s post please report it and a moderator will decide how it should be handled. It is a violation of TOS to incite conflict on a thread simply to be argumentative, and those who seek to do so will have posting privileges revoked. Do not reply just to argue. State your own opinion without quoting or replying directly to others if you oppose them. That will go a long way to keeping this thread open, and save the moderators’ time and sanity.

Please.
And THANK YOU!

CocoChanel

Breonna Taylor grand jury audio recordings reveal chaotic last minutes before her death

The recordings show how Louisville Metro Police's botched drug raid on March 13 spun out of control when officers broke into Taylor's apartment and were met with a gunshot by Taylor's boyfriend, Kenneth Walker. The police returned fire, with one officer saying they feared they were about to be ambushed.

Louisville Detective Brett Hankison said he saw muzzle flashes "lighting up the room" through the curtains and blinds and fired at them, unaware he was shooting at his own officers.

Hankison fired into the sliding glass patio door and window of Taylor's apartment, both of which were covered with blinds and in violation of a police department policy that requires cops to have a line of sight before firing.

Hankison also said in radio communications that a subject was "barricading" inside Taylor's apartment with a rifle that "looks like AR." Walker had a Glock 9 mm handgun, which he fired once and then turned it over to the police.

Other revelations included that no master plan had existed for the search warrant on Taylor's apartment other than what was written on a whiteboard, according to Detective Herman Hall, who works for the attorney general's office.

The woman who called 911 told investigators an officer on the scene told her — in a recorded Facebook Live video — that "some drug-dealing girl shot at the police." The woman asked if he was sure and he reiterated, "Some drug-dealing girl shot an officer."

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/VICENews/status/1313322563033014273
VICE News has obtained and reviewed a lot of the evidence that was available to Attorney General Daniel Cameron in the Breonna Taylor case. It includes 45 body cameras from the aftermath of the botched raid, along with hundreds of hours of audio and video recordings of interviews with the 7 officers involved, dozens of responding officers, witnesses, and the former police chief, as well as thousands of pages of other documents:

@robferdman

*Our documentary on Breonna Taylor’s case is now up online. We recreated the night Breonna Taylor's was killed using previously unreleased body camera footage, video of officer interviews, internal documents and much more
*We also played officer interviews and crime scene videos, and showed over 1200 crime scene photos to a crime scene, who called the whole thing "a mess"
*In the hours that followed the raid on Taylor's apartment, the seven officers who executed the raid moved not only around the crime scene, but around town. None of them reported to PIU to turn in their gear—which was crucial evidence—until much later that morning
*AG Cameron has assured the public his office’s investigation was independent, but it’s clear from the Grand Jury tapes how much his team relied on LMPD. Most of the evidence came from LMPD’s investigative file. His office only appears to have questioned 2/7 involved officer.

I've not seen anyone mention the fact the BF had NO injuries, yet he fired first. Has no one else thought he used Breonna as a shield? pushed her as he was getting out of the way? Did i miss that being mentioned?

So I was randomly looking over my old criminal procedure notes and found the following statute:

· Title 18 U.S.C. s 3061(a)(3) expressly empowers the Board of Governors of the Postal Service to authorize Postal Service officers and employees performing duties related to the inspection of postal matters to make arrests without warrant for felonies cognizable under the laws of the United States if they have reasonable grounds to believe that the person to be arrested has committed or is committing such a felony.

I knew Id seen it somewhere, glad I finally found it

I've not seen anyone mention the fact the BF had NO injuries, yet he fired first. Has no one else thought he used Breonna as a shield? pushed her as he was getting out of the way? Did i miss that being mentioned?
Or the fact that he called his mother after his girlfriend was shot, before he called 911?

Or the fact that he called his mother after his girlfriend was shot, before he called 911?
If it were me, i would have assumed the police did, since they were already there. I won't fault him for calling his mother.
But i do find him not entirely honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member