KY KY - Brookelyn Farthing, 18, Berea, 22 Jun 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMHO, your earlier post is as accurate a summary of Brooke's case as you will find anywhere. This is one of those tragic ones that is relatively straightforward (e.g. Tracy Ocasio) which almost makes it more maddening than some of the more convoluted ones (e.g. Jennifer Kesse or Maura Murray). I think, like Tracy's case, this is one where everybody is pretty sure what happened but the lack of a body and other physical evidence leaves LE without enough evidence to press charges. Hopefully one day that will change.

Yeah, I think the longer cases go "unsolved" the more convoluted the theories and details get. Unfortunately, I think this one was relatively simple. Sad, but straightforward. People everywhere were coming up with the theory that Brooke and Savannah Spurlock were connected in that they were both killed by serial killers. Unfortunately, there's plenty of unscrupulous people out there who lack compassion and ethics. We don't have to have a bunch of serial killers running around killing people, bad things can happen without them. The only connection I think Brooke's case has to Savannah's is that both were young women who went out for the night and then wound up in homes in which something bad happened to them.

I think he lured her with the opportunity to drive his truck. She was probably talking about getting her license FINALLY earlier that day. Why would he trust her so much? I’m from Richmond (same county) and from what I have been told, Josh Hensley is a very angry man...rumor is his ex had to leave the state to get away from him. I can see it, it’s so clear, he raped her and then strangled her because she was probably fighting back. But where is she? I am not sure of the time frame from when he left to tend to the horses last and the time he returned when the couch was on fire. (Side note: He was witnessed shirtless that morning, wringing out his shirt in the bathtub.) But in that time it would have to take less than half of it to get to the location of where he put her. There’s a reasonable radius that could be searched despite the terrain. But again he could have later moved her and/or worse destroyed her body.

I think he lured her with the opportunity to drive his truck. She was probably talking about getting her license FINALLY earlier that day. Why would he trust her so much? I’m from Richmond (same county) and from what I have been told, Josh Hensley is a very angry man...rumor is his ex had to leave the state to get away from him. I can see it, it’s so clear, he raped her and then strangled her because she was probably fighting back. But where is she? I am not sure of the time frame from when he left to tend to the horses last and the time he returned when the couch was on fire. (Side note: He was witnessed shirtless that morning, wringing out his shirt in the bathtub.) But in that time it would have to take less than half of it to get to the location of where he put her. There’s a reasonable radius that could be searched despite the terrain. But again he could have later moved her and/or worse destroyed her body.
I agree with your anslysis overall, but I have no idea whether the truck was used as a lure.

I would like us to begin to investigate the disappearance of Brookelyn (Brooke) Farthing. The local authorities have yet to find any evidence of her death or kidnapping. She is believed dead, but no body has ever been found. The authorities ruled out the owner of the house in foreclosure where Brooke's phone pinged didn't report a fire at the house when he first called the family to tell them she wasn't there. He then called back later to say the couch had been on fire. He said he didn't want to say anything the first time. I personally believe he should be at least a suspect, but the local law won't name him as a suspect. They claim he has an alibi, but I personally believe for some reason he is protected.

I would like us to begin to investigate the disappearance of Brookelyn (Brooke) Farthing. The local authorities have yet to find any evidence of her death or kidnapping. She is believed dead, but no body has ever been found. The authorities ruled out the owner of the house in foreclosure where Brooke's phone pinged didn't report a fire at the house when he first called the family to tell them she wasn't there. He then called back later to say the couch had been on fire. He said he didn't want to say anything the first time. I personally believe he should be at least a suspect, but the local law won't name him as a suspect. They claim he has an alibi, but I personally believe for some reason he is protected.

There is already a thread dedicated to this person: KY - KY - Brookelyn Farthing, 18, Berea, 22 Jun 2013

Hello Websleuthers :)

Long time lurker, first time poster here!

I am a central KY resident who lives in a county about an hour & a half away from Berea. I have followed multiple local & national cases on this site for years but was unaware of this case until I was lead to this thread by these recent news articles.

[URL="https://www.lex18.com/news/covering-kentucky/berea-college-professor-2-others-face-child-*advertiser censored*-related-charges"]Berea College professor, 2 others face child *advertiser censored*-related charges
[/URL]
LEX 18 Investigates: Farthing's mom has questions for man arrested on unrelated charges

Hello Websleuthers :)

Long time lurker, first time poster here!

I am a central KY resident who lives in a county about an hour & a half away from Berea. I have followed multiple local & national cases on this site for years but was unaware of this case until I was lead to this thread by these recent news articles.

Berea College professor, 2 others face child *advertiser censored*-related charges

LEX 18 Investigates: Farthing's mom has questions for man arrested on unrelated charges

I too saw the arrest information. One could only hope that investigators use this as an opportunity to re-examine and question him again to see if there are any discrepancies or new clues (not that it sounds like it’s a secret as to what happened to her).

I certainly hope her mother gets some answers. I couldn’t agree more with her statement. (Subconsciously Maybe?) His own words seem to indicate that he already knew she wasn’t in the house when the fire started. Even if he had ran in the house and witnessed no one on the couch, it I couldn’t find someone I’d last seen in there, I’d be calling out for them and I’d definitely mention to the 911 dispatcher that I was unable to locate them even if the fire was small and contained.

Brookelyn Farthing was only 18 when she went missing in the early hours of June 22, 2013. The night she was last seen, Brookelyn went with her younger sister, a cousin and some friends to a party outside Berea, Kentucky. Although her family members decided to leave, Brookelyn chose to stay behind. The details surrounding the rest of the night remain a mystery, but it was around 4 a.m. the next day when Brookelyn sent text messages to friends saying she needed a ride home because she was “scared.” Police arrived at the party house several hours later. The host told police he had left the house in the morning to let some horses out. When he returned home he saw burn damage from a small fire but no sign of Brookelyn. A massive search was launched, but turned up little evidence. As of 2020, police have not named any persons of interest or suspects in the case. Brookelyn’s family has a website, findbrookefarthing.com, and has offered a $14,000 reward "for information leading to the return of Brookelyn Farthing or capture and conviction of those responsible for her disappearance." If you have any information regarding Brookelyn's case, you're urged to call the Kentucky State Police at (859) 623-2404.
upload_2021-2-11_3-45-31.jpeg
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

The article from above has some disturbing additions in it...
https://www.lex18.com/news/lex-18-i...estions-for-man-arrested-on-unrelated-charges

“He is currently charged with possession of child *advertiser censored*, but that's not what Tillery wants to ask him about now. She believes he knows what happened to Brookelyn the day she ended up at his Berea home, then disappeared.”
& of course Moms point about him not mentioning to FFs that anyone was at his house when it was on fire.

I used to live in Berea, some decades ago. Concern over this case was one of the things that drew me to Websleuths (I lurked for years before joining). The police really botched this case from the beginning; it's a shame there isn't some way to hold them accountable for that.

The article from above has some disturbing additions in it...
https://www.lex18.com/news/lex-18-i...estions-for-man-arrested-on-unrelated-charges

“He is currently charged with possession of child *advertiser censored*, but that's not what Tillery wants to ask him about now. She believes he knows what happened to Brookelyn the day she ended up at his Berea home, then disappeared.”
& of course Moms point about him not mentioning to FFs that anyone was at his house when it was on fire.

That's a sad interview with Brookelyn's mother. Yes, it looks like local law enforcement botched this case.

I AM NOT AN EXPERT
but it seems that JH being arrested on the *advertiser censored* charge would justify police putting him on polygraph for other offenses ("have you ever attempted to coerce anyone sexually..." kind of question -- I'm confident a skilled detective could craft the right question), and searching anywhere they want to (for traces of ANY human blood in any part of the JH family farm).

Can anyone direct me to a map of the scene (marked-up if possible)? There's an awful lot of things to sort through for it.
TIA!

Go to Google Earth. Type in Dillon Court, Big Hill, Kentucky.

Look at the house with the red roof.

That was her last known location.

Thanks -- that was interesting -- certainly a tough area to search (even with drone/camera or AWP-type dive gear) and that reservoir is easily within the time - several hours - that the two of them were alone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeFab
Back