Found Safe KY - Charlee Campbell, 2, *autistic* & Pitbull Terrier Named Penny, Bullitt County, 7 Jun 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They gave her water and she threw up, poor dear. But they kept giving her water.
She was covered in ticks :(
They pulled off what they can and she's going to the hospital to check her over more
Other than the ticks and mud and few light scraps she is fine.

They are just so happy she is alive.
Thanking all the searchers and fire dept. police depts, etc.

She was only 500-600 yards up the hill from the house.
They are amazed she survived because of there being copperhead snakes and coyotes in the area.
Reporter asked if investigation will continue and he said yes-- they are still investigating what happened and have warrants for phones and other things.
He said that maybe having the FBI "changed someone's mind if they had bad thoughts" He said he was speculating, doesn't like to speculate but he is.
They will also be talking to CPS.
He hasn't spoken to the FBI yet about their forensic search, doesn't know what they came up with

Interesting press release or live interview on WAVE 3 News. I think there's still some suspicion on whether she was out there the whole time. They are going to continue the investigation. They said they checked the hill behind the house about 5 times with lots of people and not sure how they missed her and the dog.

Reporter asked if they think she was in woods the entire time and he says he doesn't know--
if she was in the woods the whole time it is a miracle
it's possible she layed down somewhere and was hidden from searchers because she is small

I'm SO thrilled that Charlee is safe!
And I'm happy to hear that they will continue to investigate the circumstances. I'm just finding it difficult to believe that she suddenly shows up on top of the hill 2 days later. If the dog was that close to home he would have showed up before this.

Wonderful!!!! I hope the investigation does continue and if this child is not in a safe environment, that a safe one is provided to her. Hopefully she really did just wander off and the dog stayed with her the entire time. What an amazing feeling, SHE IS ALIVE!!

There is supposed to be a live press conference coming up. Didn't get a time. I am just watching the WAVE3 feed
WAVE 3 News Live Stream

Thanks for this link. I just caught the last few minutes of the interview. The investigation is definitely continuing. There are still a lot of questions LE wants answered, especially being that Charlee was found in an area that was searched at least 5 times.

ETA. Sorry for duplicate info. Looks like we were all posting at the same time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3
Back