KY KY - Crittenden, 50 Ft From Kenton Co Line, WhtFem 13-15, UP6711, Found Nude On Menefee Road, Long, Light Brown Hair, Apr'76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She's back on NamUs. There are now sketches available.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Bringing over the new sketches:
Original
Original

Her age range has also been revised to 13-15 years old.

BIG change in the age range from 20-30 down to 13-15yo. Does that mean EVERYONE including LE were looking at the wrong dataset of MP files for all these years? :(

This case is incredibly sad...a family is pulled in...thinking this was their long lost loved one...but not officially declared. I just want to say some really bad words...but I'm not going to do it. Pleace..let some competent people look at this case again.....

How was the incorrect match made @Bit of hope ? I’m guessing not by DNA?

It's hard to say what actually happened. I don't know what LE is doing. According to info they were sure based on dental records that it couldn't be anybody else than Lori Jean Lloyd in 2016 but couldn’t confirm via DNA because she is buried in a potter’s grave and they can't find the remains....

>>>>Unidentified<<<< Person /NamUs #UP6711
Female, White / Caucasian
516A356F-C256-4A23-8ADE-B63B4AB0AA21.jpeg 94620A13-0A94-4DB3-8BB8-ABB42D702672.jpeg
Date Body Found: April 17, 1976
Location Found: Grant County, Kentucky
Estimated Age: Late Teen/Young Adult; 13-15
Estimated PMI: Days

Estimated Height: 5' 2"(62 inches)
Weight: Cannot Estimate
Hair Color: Light Brown; Long
Body Hair Description: Light brown pubic hair, thighs show a growth of fine, pale hair... the lower legs apparently have been shaved recently.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinctive physical characteristic: Small breasts

Clothing: Body was nude; A pair of shorts found near there fastened with a safety pin.

(Emphasis on the ‘Unidentified’...I think :p)

I have the worst side by side making capabilities! They make sense in my head but look like a poorly made collage.

This is a long shot but I tend to keep a more open mind about these older cases. They have remained cold for a reason and it’s impossible to know exactly what that reason is until there’s an identification made on these victims. Not a perfectly rational explanation for my irrational ideas, but I promise there is often more method to my madness than meets the eye!
;)

0DB875EB-CC09-4A54-8C9A-5BCA87AB1207.jpeg
Okay - I think I’ve gathered that this UID is still in fact unidentified. One missing person case that has always bothered me as far as circumstances go is Melanie Dee Flynn. She fits the overall physical appearance and the initial estimated age range at 24 years old. There’s just a few things that stand out to me in her case and make me wonder if something is off about it...

- Her father was a State senator
- She suffered a serious head injury when she was younger; still symptomatic at the time
- Her car was found abandoned in a “known drug spot” days after her disappearance
- Her purse was found floating in the river, 20 miles south of Lexington (where she was last seen)
- She was a confidential informant, preparing to introduce a detective to members of the same ‘drug scene’ she was involved with - this was to avoid her own arrest for drug possession and some suspected there was more than just a working relationship between her and the detective (the same detective her father reported her missing to)
- There were unconfirmed sightings of her in Florida
- Her parents believe the detective and possibly other LEOs kidnapped and murdered Melanie and covered it all up

And these are all just my opinions and theories. Maybe the date of disappearance is 100% accurate in which case none of what I’m saying matters (for matching Melanie to this UID). IMO, the things I listed could point to a cover up. There are a lot of “powerful” people involved. And we’ve got a young woman whose own father first thought had developed amnesia and simply walked off...

Then there’s the fact that she was a police informant. That fact alone usually puts a big target on someone’s head. Factor in a potential “friendly” relationship with a detective and the target gets larger. The car, purse, alleged sightings in Florida seem a little convenient, IMO. Rather, they could be considered as such.

Melanie was reported as being missing on January 25, 1977. It’s about an hour drive from Lexington to where the UID was found - on April 17, 1976. That’s 9 months after the decedent was found. What are the chances???? :oops:

Attachments

• 5FFDDD98-ECA3-4C40-9006-40B44D0A2F43.jpeg
    5FFDDD98-ECA3-4C40-9006-40B44D0A2F43.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 20
With the new age estimate for the IUD and the fact that she was found before Melanie went missing, I'd rule her out. Can we ask the ME why the change in age estimate?

With the new age estimate for the IUD and the fact that she was found before Melanie went missing, I'd rule her out. Can we ask the ME why the change in age estimate?
Yes! I’ll make a note and add this to our list of questions !

I hadn’t thought about Linda St. Germain, but the more I look at her case, I can see her fitting..
The recon of UID’s profile looks a lot like Linda’s first photo, of you can imagine her profile from that photo. Linda’s second photo and her hair color reminds me our Doe’s. The circumstances of her disappearance are puzzling to me...

952774C8-1412-4FEF-9B36-5936E7A71B6E.jpeg A3D00934-A8D0-47B9-8CB2-9066A2113046.jpeg
New York - February 1973
- 12 years old, 5’1”, 100 lbs. brown/blue
- (per The Charley Project) Linda was last seen in Schuyler Falls, New York on February 13, 1973. She and her mother and brother were living in a motel there because a fire had gutted their home. Linda told her brother she was running away from home and was going to walk across the ice on Lake Champlain to Burlington, Vermont. She has never been heard from again.

Police found footprints leading from Linda's motel unit across the ice of the lake to an area of thin ice near Valcour Island; the footprints stopped there. Investigators believe she fell through thin ice into the lake and drowned. Her body has never been found.
(NamUs has even less info, I’m not sure what to believe. Maybe she did run away and just didn’t actually fall into Lake Champlain?)

ETA: side by sides
5EC13A95-7E14-4F16-BCDD-10E037949D2C.jpeg

Last edited:
Hadn’t thought of Rory Kessinger either...She’s over the (2nd) age range. I highly doubt she stayed in Massachusetts. She was an escapee and probably has prints somewhere on file, but our UID does not.
42C2DC3B-4D5F-484E-8ED1-28200B0DDC03.jpeg

Another one! (I’m looking at those MPs whose stats are within range - unless otherwise noted- and circumstances allow for them to have possibly been alive until at least April 1976)

Kathleen Rodgers
3A1BF4F5-91C1-4037-97A1-702F03BFCF79.jpeg
California - 1973

img

April 21, 1976. The Cincinnati Enquirer, Cincinnati, OH.
img

April 22, 1976. The Cincinnati Enquirer, Cincinnati, OH.
img

April 27, 1976. The Cincinnati Enquirer, Cincinnati, OH.
img

April 20, 1976. The Cincinnati Enquirer, Cincinnati, OH.

Do we know who she was tentatively “identified” as?
Lori?

Knowing who they thought she was that turned out to be wrong could help figure out who she is.

An amazing number of the “Redhead” victims have been ID’ed in the past few years despite their age (chronologically, not the victim’s actual age).
Could this girl be tied in with them? Possibly once again?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers
Back