KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think she met up with someone she knew and got into another car for a little rendezvous on the side of the highway? I can't see it, but people have done stranger things in the name of 'love'.

Not saying a rendezvous on the side of the road no. I do think she drove the car to where it was found.
If she had a flat and got out of the car maybe someone stopped.

I do think its someone she knows and im not so sure its her BF.

But what about Troxel v. Granville in the Supreme Court? They decided grandparents do not have any legal rights to visitation.

In the case of Troxel v. Granville, the United States Supreme Court stated that "the interest of parents in the care, custody and control of their children--is perhaps the oldest of the fundamental liberty interests recognized by this Court."[SUP][2][/SUP] The Supreme Court also made it clear that this fundamental right is implicated in grandparent visitation cases. The plurality opinion stated at the outset that statutes allowing grandparent visitation orders to be imposed over parental objection "present questions of constitutional import." The Supreme Court flatly declared that "the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment protects the fundamental right of parents to make decisions concerning the care, custody, and control of their children", and struck down the Washington visitation statute because it unconstitutionally infringed on that fundamental parental right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troxel_v._Granville

I'm not a lawyer of course, but it seems a few states (as of 2006 when this USA Today article was written) have allowed grandparents visitation since the 2000 Troxler ruling.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washington/judicial/2006-09-12-grandparents-favored_x.htm

As another poster pointed out, it's probably a moot point as the boyfriend may not be inclined to comply. Either way, my heart aches for Crystal's parents and her children.

Question?

Obviously there is bad blood between the families, now has it always been this way or just since she went missing?

IMO, there were definitely issues between the two families before she disappeared. JMO from what I've read on social media.

IMO, there were definitely issues between the two families before she disappeared. JMO from what I've read on social media.

Ok how about the other dads?
any bad blood there that is known?

Were Crystal and the fathers all on good terms?

Question?

Obviously there is bad blood between the families, now has it always been this way or just since she went missing?

I think it's been this way for a while. In one of Crystal's dad's interviews he said one of her girls was living with him and that Brooks was not allowed to his, dad's, house and he didn't go over to Brooks house either. Something about the granddaughters wrist being hurt.

I don't have a link but it's way up thread in the beginning.

So I think there were problems. Also Crystal's mother was notified on Friday by her granddaughter that said granddaughter could not get in touch with Crystal but it wasn't until Sunday they called police.

I think there might have been a lot of back and forth with the kids and Brooks.

MOO for now.

Ok how about the other dads?
any bad blood there that is known?

Were Crystal and the fathers all on good terms?

I haven't read anything about the other fathers. It seems like if she had major issues with one, it would have been addressed. JMO, MOO...

I haven't read anything about the other fathers. It seems like if she had major issues with one, it would have been addressed. JMO, MOO...

It just seems to me there are a lot of ppl involved in this young womans life.

I think she was well liked by the middle two's father. He spoke very well of her and the family spoke well of him too. Also upthread.

As far as the two older girls I don't know if there is one or two fathers there. Nothing I have read about either of them. Perhaps somebody else will remember. I do know the girl that called Crystals mother because she could not reach her mother was with the Paternal grandma. That was said on the NG interview the folks gave way back at the beginning.

MOO for now.

The scene was staged with all the 'right' things: purse; keys; phone to make it look like she left the house of her own free will.

What is missing? Her own luggage or bag. If she was going to her cousin's for the night after a fight - she would have brought some things along.
Good point. Did she wear contact lenses? Did she take medication? Was she scrupulous about removing makeup before bed? etc. If she neglected to take any of her typical overnight items with her, it's hard to believe she left of her own accord.

Not saying a rendezvous on the side of the road no. I do think she drove the car to where it was found.
If she had a flat and got out of the car maybe someone stopped.

I do think its someone she knows and im not so sure its her BF.

I'm leaning toward the car being planted. There's a way to make that happen and it would explain the possibility of no call on her cell phone.

OTH, if she was driving down the shoulder on the rim and someone she knew recognized the car and pulled up and flashed their lights she might have stopped, but not gotten out. She recognizes them and gets out. Something happens suddenly. It would also explain if there was no cell phone call. (We don't if one was made or not or if she had service there, but it is strange that no call is mentioned.)

She would not even drive away with a good friend and leave her things behind in her unlocked car.

What are the chances that someone she knew just happened along that lonesome stretch of road, recognized her car and she, theirs in the dark at whatever MPH? Slim and none. What are the chances that this someone she recognized took that opportunity to do her harm? None and none, with one exception.

If she thought she was in danger, she would have driven on the rim down the road trying to get to safety, sparks flying. Her dad taught her what to do in such a circumstance - drive to the next exit.

Just saying.

WHAS11
But in the midst of a community helping there's a pain that can't be filled, Roger's parents tell us her boyfriend Brooks Houck is not letting anyone see Roger's youngest child as Tommy Ballard, Crystal Rogers' father mentioned, "Her boyfriend's got him, he won't let his brother and sisters see him." There are five children total that are without their mother. Tommy Ballard adds, "I can't imagine what that baby is going through not being able to see his brothers or sisters."

http://www.whas11.com/story/news/local/2015/08/01/vigil-held-for-missing-nelson-co-mom-of-five/30977931/
The photo is just so heartbreaking.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The article did state the grandparents would seek legal action to see the two year old if necessary. I did read the Supreme Court ruling above, it was my understanding that that ruling applied to children with two living parents. Once a child loses a parent (mom) the other parent (dad) can't keep them from the deceased parent's family. At that time a suit would be filed & a judge would decide. Now obviously if there was a legitimate reason (safety of child etc.) the judge would not grant visitation. In almost any scenario the grandparents would at least be given supervised visitation. JMO

The BBM.. How many timesa day do we read this exact same thing on these threads, Men and women, its always the same. Left all these things behind!

None of them end well but I do not think it was staged. I think she was there and met someone she got out of her car got into the other persons and has never been seen again.

If she got out of her disabled vehicle, and got in with someone who stopped to help her/give her a ride, why would she leave her purse and cell phone in the vehicle? Why would she not call anyone she knew for help, or even AAA Roadside Assistance, at a minimum? There were countless relatives alone that she could have turned to for help. That makes ZERO sense (IMO).

The individuals I've read about on this forum have been victims, for the most part, who did not leave these kinds of items behind voluntarily, most likely because they were dead.

The photo is just so heartbreaking.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I swear this is all being done so that child won't talk. I think he knows something and might remember things from that night.

Not sure how long the memory of a 2 1/2 year old lasts. Hopefully forever. Sigh...

Just an afterthought. Since he was one of the last people to see his mother do you think LE had a right to talk to him? Would it be up to his father? Perhaps they have talked to him already???

Seems if they asked and he refused that would make it in the news but then again maybe not.

I swear this is all being done so that child won't talk. I think he knows something and might remember things from that night.

Not sure how long the memory of a 2 1/2 year old lasts. Hopefully forever. Sigh...

Just an afterthought. Since he was one of the last people to see his mother do you think LE had a right to talk to him? Would it be up to his father? Perhaps they have talked to him already???

Seems if they asked and he refused that would make it in the news but then again maybe not.

There are a lot of laws in regards to questioning children and I'm not sure law enforcement would even be able to question a 2 year old...especially if the parent doesn't give consent. Kids that age are very easily confused and can be coerced into a lot of different directions. I would think IF someone wanted to speak to the kid, and IF consent was given, the discussion wouldn't happen between LE and the child. I'd imagine it would be between the kid and someone who is better qualified to deal with kids and trauma. At 2, it would probably be really hard to rely on what is said because kids at that age are so desperate to please the adults around them. I don't know how that would work out though and I can't find anything in regards to how that would be handled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was speculated that one of the reasons Josh Powell killed his two children was they were starting to talk about what happened the night Susan Powell went missing. I believe those boys were 2 and 4 when their mother disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper