KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We now know that Crystal not only knew how to shoot a gun and that she had previously shot guns with Brooks. My husband hounds me regularly about me getting my conceal and carry permit and although I do occasionally shoot guns it is not my thing as I was held at gun point for 9 hours overnight by a former boyfriend who incidentally is not too far from the Bardstown area these days.
I certainly appreciate your insight into the fact that Crystal's story to cover her shoulder injury as an alternative form of abuse that injured her shoulder is consistent with whatever damage Brooks inflicted upon the daughter who suffered a sprained wrist when he tried to grab the phone out of her hand. The additional info my hubby provided based on knowing Brooks had reloaded the gun Crystal was shooting with super ammo concerns me because neither of my male or female family would render a gun with a significant amount of ammo that would cause the slightest harm let alone the risk of death. My kids both shoots guns and recently inherited my late dad's shotgun and my extremely tall and large adult son was taken aback by the recoil of the shotgun. I would never shoot one because I am afraid and too small to handle anything of that magnitude but again, no one who loves me would ever magnify the ammo strength subjecting me to danger. Perhaps the clothes they confiscated from the burn had gun residue and not fluids or DNA from Crystal. My only fear is that these brothers have created enough reasonable doubt that either brother could have done it but I remain optimistic that this new non local homocide detective will find results.

I watched the interview as well and saw the part about the gun and the ammo, but my mind actually went another direction. I wondered if Crystal told her mother the story about the gun as an excuse for an injury that was caused by Brooks. That he physically abused her, which resulted in a shoulder injury, and the gun story was to cover for his abuse of her.

We have a few different guns and all kick differently. Most people familiar with guns and ammo know each gun’s reputation for how much and how hard they kick. If you are not expecting the kick, yes, you can get hurt. My husband actually just picked up a gun yesterday that has almost no kick whatsoever, so it is easy for me to use around the farm as a varmint gun- for coyotes, snakes, etc.[/QUOTE

I completely understand what you're saying and my extremely knowledgable husband told me every gun whether a rifle or pistol has different strengths of bullits. And each whether rifle or pistol can be loaded with ammo to increase recoil which is the energy that your arm and body feel upon firing. Some are light and others heavy depending on weapon but essentially every gun has ammo to increase the recoil which is the motion you feel once you shoot it. My guns are tiny and with little recoil or I would never even consider shooting. He explained that any gun can be overloaded with too much ammo causing the one shooting the gun to create danger of not only injury but death to the person shooting the gun with possible injury or death. We have 4 deaths known due to gun and or shotgun deaths in Bardstown. There is no coincidence here. Each case is related and each family deserves justice and closure. As an aside, today would have been Caylee Marie Anthony's 13th birthday and in honor of that I will be changing my signature. RIP

Apologies as I am trying to quote other people's posts and like much of this week, things are not working! Ugh

I thought that Officer Ellis's youngest son was described as having some kind of special needs.

EXIT 34 - The Last Watch of Officer Jason Ellis
by Jessica Noll
WCPO, Cincinnati, OH
Amy found out she was pregnant in November 2004, just a month after they were married. Hunter, now 8, was born July 27, 2005 with Down Syndrome—just two weeks after Jason left baseball.

Ellis had a kid with Down's syndrome but they lived pretty far from Bardstown and I assume that there are Special Ed programs in the NC schools. There were when I went there. I actually saw his son Weds afternoon riding through Bloomfield in his grandma's huge truck. I don't know whether Crystal had any kids in Special Ed or even which school district she lived in.

If the babysitter scenario is a mere rumor, it came about by somebody trying to connect the dots between these very aberrant events.

Wow! That did nothing whatsoever to dissuade my thoughts about Crystal’s disappearance and Tommy’s murder. My husband watched it with me and came to the same conclusion without me telling him my opinion. Kentucky is not a state that you want to disappear from if you want to be found.

I am in the general vicinity currently and there is never a trip made down the Bluegrass Parkway without positive thoughts for each of these murder victims. It is heartbreaking but I hope the Feds are involved for a reason! Something big is coming! Justice for each victim in this cluster scenario. There are no coincidence. There is a connection without a doubt in my humble opinion.

I need to know thoughts on the oxygen show. I did not get to watch it all but have seen the clips and I just can't understand how this has not been solved yet. I've looked on youtube and other places so if anyone has a link to the full episode, please let me know. This one breaks my heart is too close to home. Tommy deserves justice and justice for his daughter. The other murders being related just really would not surprise me.

I haven’t seen the Oxygen series yet and don’t have cable so I will look for a future yourube upload please! The fact that the Feds were present for Brooks’ most recent arrest indicate to hubby who is not LE but has legal knowledge and understanding, that they are looking into kidnapping, internet fraud/communication and/ or bank robbery. The warrant gave them the rights to these things and may have also given them the right to bug/wiretap the house. Wonder if Brooks has an Alexa type device? If so, “Alexa please listen and record Brooks conversations”! Something is coming I can feel it!

I watched the oxygen channel coverage of Crystal. Several things were new to me, but maybe not to this forum.

For one, only 10 pieces of evidence can be sent for lab, unless a judge makes a different decision. Crystal's car wasn't processed. The trunk area wasn't even vaccummed. Blue Star (I think that was what it was called) was sprayed in the trunk during this show. A large area turned blue which the detective said was indicative that bodily fluids MAY be in that area. So the carpet was removed and sent for testing.

There was long discussion during the show about Crystal's daddy being shot. They went to the area, and found a notch on a tree that may be where the shooter leaned against. I don't know how much was tested in that area, but the show was compelling that what they showed could be truth.

Brooks was notified for the show, but directed them to Crystal's Mom instead of being interviewed.

I haven’t seen the Oxygen series yet and don’t have cable so I will look for a future yourube upload please! The fact that the Feds were present for Brooks’ most recent arrest indicate to hubby who is not LE but has legal knowledge and understanding, that they are looking into kidnapping, internet fraud/communication and/ or bank robbery. The warrant gave them the rights to these things and may have also given them the right to bug/wiretap the house. Wonder if Brooks has an Alexa type device? If so, “Alexa please listen and record Brooks conversations”! Something is coming I can feel it!

If you have FB, you can watch it here

The link I posted above will take you directly to the episode and you can watch it online. No need to look for it on YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcee