KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stealing shingles from Lowe’s, renting out a house when he already agreed to sell it to someone else...he really is a special kind of stupid, isn’t he? (I hope some decent lawyer will take the home buyers case pro bono and get her money back.)

The community is raising money for an attorney for her to fight Brooks in court.

From the Kentucky Standard newspaper FB page:
A second national cable broadcast to feature the Crystal Rogers case in August was just announced. This Sunday On the Case with Paula Zan will air an episode on the Bardstown woman's disappearance. It airs Sunday at 10 p.m. on Investigation Discovery channel.

Stealing shingles from Lowe’s, renting out a house when he already agreed to sell it to someone else...he really is a special kind of stupid, isn’t he?

That's why I think people should stop pointing fingers at him regarding Crystal's disappearance and move on to other potential suspects. He does some shady things, but does anybody think he could be behind all of the drama that has been going on around here? Maybe if Crystal's disappearance were the only local mystery. But not as things are in real life.

Whether you think that Officer Ellis and the Netherlands are tied to this, nobody can say that Crystal's disappearance and her father's murder aren't related with a straight face. I wonder if the new Sheriff will get anything done. Only time will tell.

From the Kentucky Standard newspaper FB page:
A second national cable broadcast to feature the Crystal Rogers case in August was just announced. This Sunday On the Case with Paula Zan will air an episode on the Bardstown woman's disappearance. It airs Sunday at 10 p.m. on Investigation Discovery channel.

The show was good, but there wasn't really anything new (that isn't already somewhere on this forum). It was good to see videos of interviews with her family and the police. I know there's been stuff about Crystal on the Louisville (TV) news. I rarely think to catch the news on TV but my local paper (The KY Standard) would have more than what would make the TV news. Not much exciting news ever really happens around here. Or at least until a bunch of people started getting murdered and Crystal disappeared a few years ago.

I saw where her mom said it was going to be aired in 5 segments. I was thinking it was just going to be an hour long show so I’m glad it’s going to be given that much time! Her mom also said that the case is going to air on Paula Zahn on 8/5 at 10 pm on ID.

I remember hearing about the "several episodes" show but I don't think it was the Paula Zahn show. It's mainly single non-connected hour long episodes. As I recall, it was going to be kind of like a little mini-series about Crystal. I haven't heard anything about it since then and it's been at least a year or so.

I remember hearing about the "several episodes" show but I don't think it was the Paula Zahn show. It's mainly single non-connected hour long episodes. As I recall, it was going to be kind of like a little mini-series about Crystal. I haven't heard anything about it since then and it's been at least a year or so.

Oxygen Media,....... dives head first into the unnerving and complex story of a small town shrouded in secrets in the six-part event series, “The Disappearance of Crystal Rogers,” beginning Saturday, August 11 at 7pm ET/PT with a two-hour premiere.

'The Disappearance of Crystal Rogers' Premieres August 11 on Oxygen

The show was good, but there wasn't really anything new (that isn't already somewhere on this forum). It was good to see videos of interviews with her family and the police. I know there's been stuff about Crystal on the Louisville (TV) news. I rarely think to catch the news on TV but my local paper (The KY Standard) would have more than what would make the TV news. Not much exciting news ever really happens around here. Or at least until a bunch of people started getting murdered and Crystal disappeared a few years ago.

I thought the show was very interesting last night and informative.

If anyone missed the airing you can now find it on youtube.

The latest Kentucky Standard (yesterday's issue) has most of the front page devoted to Crystal's mother trying to keep her name in the news (and a pretty long story about Brooks' latest legal troubles). I'll try to put up links when I get home if I can get to them. It's only the 6th and I think I've already used up my "free article ration" for the month.

It would probably easier to just look around on their website. There are stories about Crystal, her father, Ellis and the Netherlands very frequently. Like I've said before, Bardstown's not really a bastion of excitement. Other than these crimes, the only other stuff you have to read about have been Mayor Royalty being removed from office, Bardstown's stupid sign ordinance, local high school sports and people wanting to keep chickens in their yards. I'm sure that their archives go back a while, so you can find all of the stories that they've published over the past few years (at least if you haven't used up all of your complimentary stories).

Last edited:
Much appreciation to whoever uploaded the video! Per comments on YouTube, Crystal's MIL stated that Crystal was still married to her son Keith and although only 2 of Crystal's kids are her grandchildren she stated she has always loved them all as her own.
Since we know Crystal's car was processed and they know the seat placement was not consistent with someone her height driving and the keys were left in the ignition, do we know if they tested the keys for fingerprints and DNA? Also, they stated they examined the burn pile and found no human remains but did find clothing but weren't able to link it to Crystal, was it linked to Brooks, Nick or the handsome devil Danny Singleton? Was the Houck boys' Mom ever questioned? I know Grandma retained a lawyer who had her plead the Fifth to everything and they found her former car she owned at the time Crystal went missing and examined it so there must have also been some sort of evidence obtained or there would be no reason to plead the fifth. Not implying Grandma played a part as we alll know who did this!
Although I don't doubt that Crystal may have been murdered because she was leaving Brooks, and it is a fact that women are more likely to be murdered when leaving a relationship, the fact that his brother most definitely had some involvement has me leaning toward Sherry Ballard's suggestion that Crystal overheard something. In Nick's interview with the police he stated that Officer Jason Ellis had been his former partner.
Any idea if a Danny Singleton police interview exists? All those perjury counts stem from something and it would sure be interesting to know what he said. That 13 second call around midnight may have been a "hey I left her car on the parkway just like you asked me to."
Does anyone know if they ever searched green river lake?
Any idea of how to reach out to Mark Furman? He could get to the bottom of all this Bardstown nonsense.
Since Brooks arrest, surely they were able to obtain his fingerprints and DNA and I hope the reloader evidence is back soon. The fact that the Feds were present at his recent arrest and took his computer tells me something else is in the works! Hopefully optimistic

...leaning toward Sherry Ballard's suggestion that Crystal overheard something. In Nick's interview with the police he stated that Officer Jason Ellis had been his former partner.

Ellis knew something about something. Crystal probably heard something about what that other something was or what it brought about. What happened to them?

That's why anybody that knows anything has kept their mouth shut. Any "snitching" would be discovered before anything could get done about it. That makes me glad I don't really know what really happened, at least for now. Knowledge can be dangerous.

That sounds like I was writing a cheap soap opera, but it's sadly the case.

Ellis knew something about something. Crystal probably heard something about what that other something was or what it brought about. What happened to them?

That's why anybody that knows anything has kept their mouth shut. Any "snitching" would be discovered before anything could get done about it. That makes me glad I don't really know what really happened, at least for now. Knowledge can be dangerous.

That sounds like I was writing a cheap soap opera, but it's sadly the case.
Any idea if any of Crystal's kids were special needs or had learning differences? Looking for a connection between the Netherland murders to the others. I read a while back that Kathy's sister stated she didn't believe the girls ever babysat any of Crystal's kids but it's been a while. If Nick was stupid enough to leave a blanket with body fluids on it in the trunk of his cruiser, hopefully there is more maybe already known but not publicly. I never saw anything about cell pings so hopefully they looked at all of those as well but I know in the area cell service is iffy. I so wish we had the sunshine laws that Florida does.

Yes. I am wondering if Any of Crystal’s kids have learning disbilities and may have been in Kathy Netherland’s special education class. Although Kathy’s sister said the Netherlands didn’t babysit any of Crystal’s kids, perhaps Crystal and Brooks were acquainted with her through the school.

So there are a few new things I learned from this interview on the Today show, Brook ( Crystal's sister) confirmed that Crystal had told her she was definitely leaving Brooks, which was suspected but it is the first time I actually saw someone with knowledge acknowledge it.
There is a retired Homicide Detective who has all of Tommy Ballard's records regarding Crystal's death investigation, which he says are thorough and methodical. This guy is a cop from outside Kentucky so he certainly brings a fresh perspective with no threat of being corrupt.
When asked whether Sherry was aware of any domestic violence issues between Brooks and Crystal, she mentioned something interesting in that once Brooks and Crystal had been shooting guns and he had at some point replaced the bullets in the gun she was shooting with ammunition to increase the recoil in the gun, which damaged Crystal's shoulder. I questioned my husband regarding this particular new disclosure because I know nothing about guns. He says anyone can buy heavier ammunition for any kind of gun and some idiots especially those with reloaders put too high of ammunition in a gun that will cause the gun to damage or explode and will indeed cause injury or death. I'm wondering if he didn't set it up for Crystal to "accidentally" cause Crystal to kill herself with too heavy of an ammunition and maybe even in doing so, created the destruction of the gun which may possibly have killed Kathy Netherland and Officer Ellis.
Any hunters or gun people want to weigh in? TIA

So there are a few new things I learned from this interview on the Today show, Brook ( Crystal's sister) confirmed that Crystal had told her she was definitely leaving Brooks, which was suspected but it is the first time I actually saw someone with knowledge acknowledge it.
There is a retired Homicide Detective who has all of Tommy Ballard's records regarding Crystal's death investigation, which he says are thorough and methodical. This guy is a cop from outside Kentucky so he certainly brings a fresh perspective with no threat of being corrupt.
When asked whether Sherry was aware of any domestic violence issues between Brooks and Crystal, she mentioned something interesting in that once Brooks and Crystal had been shooting guns and he had at some point replaced the bullets in the gun she was shooting with ammunition to increase the recoil in the gun, which damaged Crystal's shoulder. I questioned my husband regarding this particular new disclosure because I know nothing about guns. He says anyone can buy heavier ammunition for any kind of gun and some idiots especially those with reloaders put too high of ammunition in a gun that will cause the gun to damage or explode and will indeed cause injury or death. I'm wondering if he didn't set it up for Crystal to "accidentally" cause Crystal to kill herself with too heavy of an ammunition and maybe even in doing so, created the destruction of the gun which may possibly have killed Kathy Netherland and Officer Ellis.
Any hunters or gun people want to weigh in? TIA

I watched the interview as well and saw the part about the gun and the ammo, but my mind actually went another direction. I wondered if Crystal told her mother the story about the gun as an excuse for an injury that was caused by Brooks. That he physically abused her, which resulted in a shoulder injury, and the gun story was to cover for his abuse of her.

We have a few different guns and all kick differently. Most people familiar with guns and ammo know each gun’s reputation for how much and how hard they kick. If you are not expecting the kick, yes, you can get hurt. My husband actually just picked up a gun yesterday that has almost no kick whatsoever, so it is easy for me to use around the farm as a varmint gun- for coyotes, snakes, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcee