KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if the FBI is still in town?
I don't they are in Bardstown. This case was being worked by the FBI Louisville field office and the remains went to Quantico. With all of the things going on in Louisville right now (Breonna Taylor case) and with downtown being closed and the federal bldg's being boarded up I am sure that is not helping this case.

I would think that the FBI is already gone from the area, they usually get what information they can and get out I don't think they stick around any longer than they have to. I'm sure they are continuing to work on the case with as much evidence as they were taking from the different houses and properties I think it's going to take awhile to comb through and get every valuable piece of information from those items. Hopefully the family will have answers soon and then FBI can focus on bringing answers for the other murders in the town. It's going to be a big case once everything breaks.

The FBI has resources and must have the results of the DNA by now. They are notorious for only releasing information if there is an operational reason to do so. Whoever is involved in Chrystal’s disappearance knows whether or not the body is Chrystal’s. The FBI just isn't going to release that information for now.

The murder of Chrystal’s father is almost certainly related to her death. If he was actually able to uncover evidence law enforcement had not, I would expect others would have a pretty good idea what he had come up with. I think it more likely that he was killed because he kept putting pressure on law enforcement to solve the case and he was probably telling everyone who would listen who he thought was responsible. His murder was very similar to the murder of Office Ellis. In both cases, someone knew where they would be and laid in wait for them. Some branches were cut to put on the off ramp so that Ellis would stop and leave his vehicle. Apparently branches were also cut to give the shooter a better line of fire for the Ballard (Chrystal’s father) murder. Similar MO, but did anyone compare the tool markings on the cut branches?

The Netherland murders seem totally unrelated and apparently no identifiable motive has been found. I keep wondering if law enforcement had considered neighbors who might have been the real target. Killers do get addresses wrong or make similar mistakes.

Brooks Houck is the obvious suspect for Chrystal’s murder but how would jealous boyfriend situation be connected to Ellis’s murder? There could be a lot more going on here. I do how they get to the bottom of it.

I can't find a reason for the Netherland murders to be connected either. Officer Ellis however worked with Nick Houck and could it be possible that he was starting to ask questions about Crystals disappearance? Maybe he was starting to make connections that would lead to Nick being involved or others and they simply killed him to stop him from talking. I do believe that whoever killed Crystals father is connected to Ellis' murder because of the way in which he was murdered. Killer sets the trap and lays in wait for him whoever did this had done there homework to know where Crystals father would be and when as well as where Officer Ellis would be and when. Seeing how Nick was an officer and had worked with Ellis I would say that it leads to him being involved. I think a lot of things are going to come out in due time I just hate that it has taken this long for the family to get answers.

I can't find a reason for the Netherland murders to be connected either. Officer Ellis however worked with Nick Houck and could it be possible that he was starting to ask questions about Crystals disappearance? Maybe he was starting to make connections that would lead to Nick being involved or others and they simply killed him to stop him from talking. I do believe that whoever killed Crystals father is connected to Ellis' murder because of the way in which he was murdered. Killer sets the trap and lays in wait for him whoever did this had done there homework to know where Crystals father would be and when as well as where Officer Ellis would be and when. Seeing how Nick was an officer and had worked with Ellis I would say that it leads to him being involved. I think a lot of things are going to come out in due time I just hate that it has taken this long for the family to get answers.

Ellis was murdered before Chrystal went missing. His murder couldn't have been part of a coverup of her murder
but her murder could be related to his murder.

Ellis was set up by someone that knew his schedule and had a pretty good idea how he would respond to the cut branches on the road. They were placed in such a way that vehicles could drive around them, as most drivers did, but a responsible public safety officer would be expected to stop and clear the roadway even though it wasn't in his jurisdiction. I just don't think a lowlife gangbanger or drug dealer would think of that but someone familiar with law enforcement types might. This doesn't prove Law Enforcement is involved but it raises suspicion. Certainly, if corruption was going on in the Bardsville PD and there was concern that Ellis might rat them out, it could explain the motive. Where would Chrystal (or her father) fit in to this scenario? If someone was concerned that a deeper investigation into Chrystal’s disappearance might expose corruption in the local PD, killing her father would seem to raise rather than reduce interest in the case. Still, we know that criminals can do really stupid things when they feel up against the wall.

Unless some federal laws have been broken, all the FBI can do is turn the results of the investigation over to the Kentucky Attorney General’s office. Will they be interested in pursuing this matter?

I don't they are in Bardstown. This case was being worked by the FBI Louisville field office and the remains went to Quantico. With all of the things going on in Louisville right now (Breonna Taylor case) and with downtown being closed and the federal bldg's being boarded up I am sure that is not helping this case.

So true!!

I’ve seen some cases take up to a year to identify. Case in point - Kara Kopetsky. She had been missing for 10 years though but I’m sure the decomposition was similar if it is Crystal after all.
MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST* #2
Also to add: I will be shocked if the person found buried is not her. The FBI swooped in right after the remains were found. They know something that we don’t yet. I really doubt it’s a coincidence.

On the 4 year anniversary of Tommy Ballard's death his wife Sherry Ballard says after keeping in contact with Federal Agents
She thinks the justice her husband pursued for their daughter Crystal is coming and coming soon.
She also said when find who is responsible for Crystal they will get justice for Tommy also.

Four years after murder, family of Tommy Ballard hopeful for answers

Nelson County Sheriff's Office, KY
13 mins ·

Press Release
Date: November 20, 2020
Re: Human Remains located on July 24th, 2020
Today, we received word from the FBI that the human remains, which were located at the Washington County/Nelson County line were not those of Crystal Rogers. Just like our community we were hopeful it would assist in answers and closure in Crystal Rogers case. The remains were processed through CODIS, which stands for the Combined DNA Index System. The case remains open as the human remains are unidentified at time.
The FBI is continuing to investigate the Crystal Roger’s case. The results on the human remains does not change their investigation or drive to bring closure and justice for the Ballard family and the citizens of Nelson County.
We will continue to work with the FBI and assist with anything that is needed. The Nelson County Sheriff’s Office will continue to be the lead agency on the human remains case. Captain Brandon Bryan is the lead investigator on the case.
We want to thank the FBI for their assistance and teamwork over the last 18 plus months.

Nelson County Sheriff's Office, KY
13 mins ·

Press Release
Date: November 20, 2020
Re: Human Remains located on July 24th, 2020
Today, we received word from the FBI that the human remains, which were located at the Washington County/Nelson County line were not those of Crystal Rogers. Just like our community we were hopeful it would assist in answers and closure in Crystal Rogers case. The remains were processed through CODIS, which stands for the Combined DNA Index System. The case remains open as the human remains are unidentified at time.
The FBI is continuing to investigate the Crystal Roger’s case. The results on the human remains does not change their investigation or drive to bring closure and justice for the Ballard family and the citizens of Nelson County.
We will continue to work with the FBI and assist with anything that is needed. The Nelson County Sheriff’s Office will continue to be the lead agency on the human remains case. Captain Brandon Bryan is the lead investigator on the case.
We want to thank the FBI for their assistance and teamwork over the last 18 plus months.

Holy moly. That knocked the wind out of me. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member