Still Missing KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #4 *arrest in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
shaymcalister

1h
Brooks Houck’s bond motion is DENIED. A judge has ruled his bond will stay at $10 million dollars, and cites four reasons why.. I explain here…

Shay's IG

1 - Brooks has access to substantial financial resources

2 - Brooks is at risk for running bc he's facing a possibility of life in prison

3 - Court is gravely concerned for any witnesses or individuals' safety - Judge recites reasons

4 - Judge is ensuring a fair trial - Judge cites the Houck's recording of the Grand Jury

Shay posted on Facebook that Brooks bond reduction has been denied! Also the state has one or more cooperating witnesses, judge believes he is a flight risk because of access to millions and the fact that he is facing life in prison.
BH and his family's power and position has let him to go unscathed for far too long. I'm thrilled his bond wasn't lowered although I'm afraid his family could still come up with the $1M it would take to get him out, I hope I'm wrong on that.

JMO

Last edited:
DEVELOPING: Brooks Houck's attorney has filed an appeal after a judge on Monday denied his request to lower his $10 million bond.

28 minutes ago

BARDSTOWN, Ky. (WTVQ) — Brooks Houck’s attorney has filed an appeal after a judge on Monday denied his request to lower his $10 million bond.

Houck’s attorney, Brian Butler, filed the appeal with the Kentucky Court of Appeals just hours after Nelson County Circuit Court Judge Charles Simms III said Houck’s bond is “reasonable to assure Brooks’ appearance, to adequately protect cooperating witness(es) and other individuals associated with this case, and to better assure the integrity of this proceeding.” [...]

[...]

Houck is charged with murder and tampering with physical evidence.

He’s the second man to be arrested in connection to Rogers’ disappearance, however, he’s the first to be charged with her murder.

Lawson is charged with conspiracy to commit murder and tampering with physical evidence.

He pleaded not guilty in court.

His next day in court is on Oct. 26.

Houck’s next day in court is Feb. 8, 2024.

Jason Ellis - 2013
Kathy and Samantha Netherland - 2014
Crystal Rogers - 2015
Tommy Ballard - 2016

Thank you so much @Emi for tracking this hearing for us.

I can't imagine sitting in a courtroom when the Prosecutor speaks about the killer of my married partner dying from a rifle sold by Nick Houck. Oh, sweet Sherry stay strong. The Houck's seem like awful people.

#JusticeForCrystal #JusticeForTommy

Wasn't NIck formerly LE? Surprised at the foolhardiness of selling, even under an assumed name, the rifle used in a murder that he has long been suspected of involvement in. Yikes.

There shouldn't even be a bond. Secondly, will the family be charged for recording the grand jury?
No, due to statute of limitations, see this post.

Can you recall the order of the murders in Bardstown? I know Brooks is only charged in CR's. But there are several unsolveds, and I can't remember the order of them. TIA

Has there been any mention of the other three murders being connected to these two?

Nick worked with Jason Ellis -- don't know any connection to the others.

Given Nicks work record, seems he could have considered Ellis a threat if Nick were breaking the law.

MOO - IANAE - YMMV - etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niceperson
Back