Still Missing KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #4 *arrest in 2023*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From ?!? post A look back at Bardstown's Deadly Decade
Jason Ellis - 2013
Kathy and Samantha Netherland - 2014
Crystal Rogers - 2015
Tommy Ballard - 2016
Has there been any mention of the other three murders being connected to these two?

Nick worked with Jason Ellis -- don't know any connection to the others.

Given Nicks work record, seems he could have considered Ellis a threat if Nick were breaking the law.

MOO - IANAE - YMMV - etc.
Good folks of Bardstown may fear the Houck's fam. Tommy Ballard may have been shot in order to keep him quiet about his beautiful daughter's awful murder. Revenge is a powerful motivator for someone carrying ill intent. Posting Bardstown's Decade of Victims forward.

Jason Ellis - 2013
Kathy and Samantha Netherland - 2014
Crystal Rogers - 2015
Tommy Ballard - 2016

I hope his LE brother gets arrested too. If the FBI searched his house, there is reason to believe that he at least is an accessory after the fact.
The statue of limitation may have run out for charges to be brought regarding the sale of the firearm. The statue for most federal crimes would be five years. Using a false name or falsifying the ATF form when purchasing a firearm would be a federal crime. I would assume falsifying the seller name would be the same crime.

shaymcalister
1h
Brooks Houck’s bond motion is DENIED. A judge has ruled his bond will stay at $10 million dollars, and cites four reasons why.. I explain here…

Shay's IG

1 - Brooks has access to substantial financial resources

2 - Brooks is at risk for running bc he's facing a possibility of life in prison

3 - Court is gravely concerned for any witnesses or individuals' safety - Judge recites reasons

4 - Judge is ensuring a fair trial - Judge cites the Houck's recording of the Grand Jury
Thank god.

"We are waiting for testing to come back from the firearm we believe was used to murder Tommy Ballard," Prosecutor Shane Young -- firearm matches 4 of 5 criteria

Background: Death of Tommy Ballard​

Background: Death of Crystal Rogers​

"We are waiting for testing to come back from the firearm we believe was used to murder Tommy Ballard," Prosecutor Shane Young -- firearm matches 4 of 5 criteria

Background: Death of Tommy Ballard​

Background: Death of Crystal Rogers​

So much about this case is infuriating, but a judge not allowing Crystal's son to have a relationship with his grandmother, and Sherry to have a relationship with Crystal's son is just so wrong. So so wrong.Shame on everyone involved in that decision.

Has there ever been any type of possible link between the Houcks and the mother and daughter murders? I know the police officer would’ve worked with the brother, and of course we know the links between Crystal and Tommy, but was there ever any conjecture regarding the mom and daughter?
Sorry I followed this early on and then kinda missed some threads. TIA and I’m just asking about anyone else’s opinions here thanks.
MOO

Has there ever been any type of possible link between the Houcks and the mother and daughter murders? I know the police officer would’ve worked with the brother, and of course we know the links between Crystal and Tommy, but was there ever any conjecture regarding the mom and daughter?
Sorry I followed this early on and then kinda missed some threads. TIA and I’m just asking about anyone else’s opinions here thanks.
MOO
For me, what connects the murder of Officer Jason Ellis to the murder of Tommy Ballard is they are both sniper murders--and probably both done to silence the victims or prevent the victims from discovering something the killer(s) wanted hidden. Getting away with the Ellis murder probably made it easier for the killer(s) to kill again.

I don't see any connection to the Netherland murders, although I once speculated on a Reddit forum that whoever murdered them liked killing up close and personal. It's possible that Crystal was killed in a similar personal fasrhion but Brooks (and accomplices) were smart enough to hide or destroy the body, which the Netherland killers didn't do. I can't see the Houcks killing without a benefit to them; there are no obvious connections or ties. If someone had a financial motive (let's say), maybe that person has evaded arrest because he or she engaged in murder for hire. There can't be that many killers for hire in Bardstown. I hope LE is further along in their thinking on this than I am!

BARDSTOWN, Ky. — The Brooks Houck murder case file continues to grow. More than 100 new documents were filed in Nelson County Circuit Court on Wednesday.
Houck is currently being held on a $10 million bond at Hardin County Detention Center. He is charged with the murder of his former girlfriend Crystal Rogers.
His attorney's request for a lower bond was denied on Oct. 9 after a Nelson County Judge ruled to keep the multi-million dollar bond in place, citing multiple reasons including concerns for the safety of witnesses.

Crystal Rogers case | Hundreds of documents filed in Brooks Houck court case. What we know.

"He was scheduled to have a pre-trial hearing in Nelson County Circuit Court on Thursday, but Judge Charles C. Simms III has pushed that date back to Jan. 5, 2024. "

Thanks! :)

edited to add - I had him for an arraignment hearing on 10/26/23. So only pretrial hearing on 1/5 and NOT arraignment?

per my notes:
Lawson is scheduled to be back in court in front of Nelson Circuit Court Judge Charles Simms III on 10/26/23 for arraignment.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro
Back