Still Missing KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #4 *arrest in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Judge Simms did not rule on dismissing the charges against Lawson, nor what testimony wouldn’t be allowed at trial. A ruling is expected in the coming days.
Another hearing in the Crystal Rogers case is scheduled for July 8 to discuss whether to combine the trials for all three suspects charged in her death.
from the article linked above

Judge Simms did not rule on dismissing the charges against Lawson, nor what testimony wouldn’t be allowed at trial. A ruling is expected in the coming days.
Another hearing in the Crystal Rogers case is scheduled for July 8 to discuss whether to combine the trials for all three suspects charged in her death.
from the article linked above

I can not access this article - found others - but none mention this 7/8/24 hearing. Is this for ALL of them - or only for Steve Lawson? TIA! :)

edited to add: Maybe @arielilane - can give me the next court date for them? I have your name as my go-to person. TIA if you can!

A hearing on the state’s motion to consolidate the trial in relation to Houck’s objection will be held on July 8 at 9 a.m., more than nine years since Rogers was first reported missing.

In an investigative document released on Friday, Steve Lawson told investigators that his son and a man named Jeremy Thompson were digging on the farm on Thompson Hill Road within five days of Rogers' disappearance in 2015.

The document, filed in Nelson Circuit Court, appears to be additional evidence submitted to bolster the prosecution's argument against Steve Lawson getting immunity for cooperating with investigators.

BARDSTOWN, Ky. (WAVE) - A newly-released document from the Nelson County Circuit Court confirms that a dig site, where WAVE News crews saw authorities digging as part of a “murder investigation” in Nelson County, has been confirmed as a possible location for the body of Crystal Rogers. This is from the above article

Today marks the 9th anniversary of Crystal going missing and I hope and pray that she will be found before the 10th. I thought it was a perfect day to rewatch the series on the Oxygen channel today.

"It doesn't get easier as the time goes by," Rogers' mother, Sherry Ballard, said last year.

Rogers was last seen on July 3, 2015. The next day, her car was found on the side of the Bluegrass Parkway with her purse, phone and keys still inside. But there was no sign of the mother of five.

"We would have never expected this," Ballard said on the first anniversary of her daughter's disappearance.

Her boyfriend at the time, Brooks Houck, was the last person to see her alive.

In an interview with a detective shortly after Rogers' disappearance, Houck said "My whole family's name is trashed for something that's completely, not even tied to me."

Brooks Houck's brother, Nick Houck, was fired from the Bardstown Police Department for interfering with the investigation.

"I don't give a s*** what your d*** computer said, I'm telling you I've been 100% honest with you," Nick Houck responded when an investigator told him he'd failed a polygraph test, lying about questions related to Rogers and her disappearance.

July 3, 2024
BARDSTOWN, Ky. (LEX 18) — An attempt by one of the suspects in the Crystal Rogers murder case to have the case against him tossed out failed on Wednesday after a judge denied Steven Lawson's dismissal motion.
[.....]
Judge Charles Simms denied Lawson’s motion to dismiss. In the order, Simms wrote that while an immunity agreement was made during Steven's discussions with law enforcement, Steven made “wildly inconsistent” statements to investigators and therefore breached the agreement by being untruthful.

One inconsistency Simms pointed to in his order was Steven's statements to investigators about a call between him and Houck on the night of Rogers’ disappearance.

Steven at one point told authorities that he made the call to inquire about an apartment for his daughter, according to the order. He later told a Nelson County Grand Jury that the call was to “let Brooks Houck know the job is done,” the order read.

Simms also ruled Wednesday that Lawson would be able to decide if he wants to exclude statements he made in several interviews he did with law enforcement.
[.....]
Lawson is set to appear in court on Aug. 8 to inform the judge whether he wishes to exclude the interviews in question.

So - guessing Lawson does NOT have a hearing on 7/8 like the other 2 - ?? @arielilane - I believe you can access the court site (?) - if so - what is Lawson's next hearing date on there? TIA!

The Lawsons are not scheduled to appear in court on Monday. Prosecutors have argued the men should stand trial together because they're facing the same charges and allegedly worked with each other.

Prosecutors are questioning why Steve Lawson called Houck after Rogers went missing in 2015. Butler argues he "fabricated the entire story" of what happened after she went missing because he was "threatened, coerced and promised immunity by investigators."

Joseph Lawson's next hearing is scheduled for later this month. Steve Lawson's next court date is in August.

The Lawsons are not scheduled to appear in court on Monday. Prosecutors have argued the men should stand trial together because they're facing the same charges and allegedly worked with each other.

Prosecutors are questioning why Steve Lawson called Houck after Rogers went missing in 2015. Butler argues he "fabricated the entire story" of what happened after she went missing because he was "threatened, coerced and promised immunity by investigators."

Joseph Lawson's next hearing is scheduled for later this month. Steve Lawson's next court date is in August.

Unfortunately I can not access the article. Wondering if the later this month date was mentioned for Joseph's next hearing. I have Steve on 8/8/24. And so - no next date for Houck?

Maybe @arielilane can help me on those dates? TIA if you can arielilane! :)

edited to add - oh wait - Houck is still good for 7/8 hearing right?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viceroy9101
Back