Still Missing KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #4 *arrest in 2023*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NELSON COUNTY, Ky. (WAVE) - The FBI has wrapped their third day searching a Nelson County home following a tip in the Crystal Rogers investigation.

The home is located in Cox’s Creek and was sold by Nick Houck in 2018. Nick is the brother of Brooks Houck, Rogers’ former boyfriend. Brooks is charged with murder and tampering with evidence in connection to Rogers’ disappearance.

Updated: Sep. 5, 2024 at 5:57 PM EDT

The FBI would not provide the exact location of the search, but it's being conducted on properties once owned by Anna Whitesides, Houck's grandmother, and Nick Houck, his brother, as recently as 2018, Nelson County PVA records show.

Both properties were in the Houck family dating back to 1900, records show, but have since been sold off.

Anna Whiteside owned a 3-acre plot on Whitesides Road until it was sold in May 2018, according to the Nelson County PVA. Back in 2017, another of Whitesides' properties, on Pulliam Avenue near downtown Bardstown, was searched by Kentucky State Police investigators. Troopers were seen removing five bags of evidence from the house and then leaving in a white SUV.

Exa

Exactly what I was thinking! Someone looking for a plea deal or someone looking to get their immunity deal reinstated.

It was mentioned in one of the past articles - I believe it was Steve that had mentioned the "Cox's Creek" property in one of his interrogations. That is what I recall anyway! :)

CPC JMS
I believe Joseph Lawson talked That is the link to Grayson County information on Joseph Lawson. It says sentenced 8/31/2024. Nelson County docket information has not changed. We shall have to wait to find out.
I could see one of the defendants rolling on the others to get a better deal. I hate it when it happens but sometimes it is a necessary evil.

Moo

I just watched the documentary on Peacock. The boyfriend is suspect for sure! I believe that all the murders that have happened in that town are all related somehow. The brother of the boyfriend who was a police officer at the time was also suspect. I believe he was trying to help his brother cover up the mess he made.

Friday, October 4th:
*Status Hearing (for JL & SL) (@ 9am ET) - KY – Crystal Maria Rogers (35) (reported missing July 3, 2015; car (with flat tire) was found July 5, 2015 on Bluegrass Parkway near mile marker 14 with keys in ignition & her belongings (phone & purse) in car, Bardstown). – *Brooks William Houck (33 @ time of crime/41/now 42) arrested, charged & indicted (9/27/23) & arraigned (10/5/23) with felony murder & tampering with physical evidence. Plead not guilty. Bond $10M Cash Only! Reduction of bond (to $500K) denied (10/9/23). KY Supreme Court denied (3/12/24) review of bond reduction. Was transferred (9/27/23) from Nelson County jail to Hardin County Detention Center. Was transferred (12/13/23) to Oldham County Detention Center. Nelson County
*Joseph Stephen Lee Allen Lawson (24 @ time of crime/32/now 33) arrested, indicted & charged (7/24/23) with criminal conspiracy to commit murder & charged (6/21/23) with complicity in tampering with physical evidence. Bond $50K unsecured bond (tampering) & $550K Cash bond (conspiracy). Bond reduced (2/12/24) to $250K Cash bond. Plead not guilty. Held in Grayson County Kentucky Detention Center. Nelson County
*Steven Eugene Lawson (48 @ time of crime/53) indicted, arrested & charged (12/7/23) & arraigned (12/21/23) with conspiracy to commit murder & tampering with physical evidence. Plead not guilty. $500K Cash only bond. Bond reduced to $250K (1/9/24). He's currently incarcerated in Harrison County, IN. Lawson was serving time at the Kentucky State Reformatory for a previous conviction, but that time will be served out in the coming weeks. He was moved to the Grayson County Detention Center this morning (5/3/24) & is currently in custody. Nelson County
Trial set to begin on 2/10/25. Trial will be held in Christian County for the time being; Judge doesn’t like choice of County by attorneys.
Nelson Circuit Court Judge Charles Simms III presiding. Special prosecutor Shane Young. Houck’s defense attorneys Brian Butler, Michael Denbow & Jennifer Henry Jackson. S. Lawson’s defense attorney Theodore Lavit [was fired on 8/8/24] now has public defenders Darren Wolff & Zach Buckler & J. Lawson’s defense attorney Kevin Coleman.

Case & Court info from 7/23/20 (Houck & J. Lawson) & from 12/7/23 (S Lawson) thru 7/20/24 reference post #562 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...y-3-july-2015-4-arrest-in-2023.690447/page-29

8/8/24 Update: Steve Lawson just fired his attorney Ted Lavit, accusing him of working with Brooks Houck’s attorneys behind his back. Lawson told the judge his counsel has been ineffective & he wants a public defender. The prosecutor echoed his concerns, saying “I don’t know what’s going on here. It’s disturbing.” In response, Ted Lavit said “I have done my best without any conflict whatsoever.” The judge ended court, asking for a public defender to be here in 2 weeks to represent Steve Lawson. Next court date set for 8/22/24 at 1:30pm.
8/22/24 Update: Judge Simms said with three people in jail it's important for him to get the trial started on time. Steven Lawson appeared in person & his son, Joseph Lawson, appeared via zoom from prison. Defendant Steve Lawson has new attorneys from Louisville & Lexington, attorneys Darren Wolff & Zach Buckler. Judge Simms is still pressing for the February trial date. New attorneys don't think they can be ready for trial in 6 months, given the vast amount of discovery in the case. Judge has not yet ruled on whether to separate the trial nor on venue. The next court date for the Lawson’s to figure out if their trials will be separate will be on 10/4/24 @ 9am.
9/4/24 Update: The FBI said Wednesday that agents are conducting another search in the case. The agency said that it was “conducting a search in Cox’s Creek, KY, as a follow-up to tips received related to the Crystal’s investigation.” Sara Anderson, a spokeswoman for the FBI in Kentucky, said the agency would not release any further information yet. The site was very busy for most of Wednesday as investigators focused on digging up the property on Whitesides Road. The records say that the house being searched was sold a few years later by Brooks' brother, Nick Houck, in 2018; original owned by Houck’s grandmother. They have tents & a trailer all set up at the home & a few skid steers were seen moving across the property as well as an excavator. Aerials also show what looks to be an archaeological type site where investigators have been sifting through rocks & concrete. Nelson County Sheriff Ramon Pineiroa briefed the media Wednesday & he shared what they’re working to do. “They’ve been here since yesterday & will be here through tomorrow.,” said Sheriff Pineiroa. “Pretty much, you guys know the drill, this is still ongoing, we have not found the body, and that’s what we’re here to do.” Sheriff Pineiroa says he wasn’t able to share anything else Wednesday but he did confirm that they are looking for Crystal Roger’s body.
9/5/24 Update: The FBI & Nelson County Sheriff's Office are on day three of an evidence search at a property in Cox's Creek that used to be owned by the Houck family (specially the Houck brothers' grandma). To clarify Brooks & Nick Houck's grandmother Anna Whitesides owned this land in 2017. 9/6/24 Update: After three days of investigating a new site in the disappearance of Crystal, crews are back in Nelson County on Friday to wrap up their efforts in the search. Drone footage from Wednesday showed crews concentrating the search on an area behind the house.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back