Found Deceased KY - Gabriella Doolin, 7, Allen Co., 14 Nov 2015 #2 *Pled Not Guilty, rec'd Life Sentence*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Glad to see today the upgrade of the charge of murder to 1 st degree...previously it there was nothing specified other than the charge of murder. So, something in that last few days must have determined there was enough to make the charge premeditated or lst Degree...which brings the death penalty in.

Is there any chance she knows the family?
My guess is she does not or she would have recused herself. I think she was faced with the reality of what was done to this beautiful little girl and she had to say it aloud knowing the pain it would cause her grieving family. A judge has to be impartial, but they don't have to pretend they are without a soul. She has to prepare to hear the horrific details in trial and it can't be easy.

My guess is she does not or she would have recused herself. I think she was faced with the reality of what was done to this beautiful little girl and she had to say it aloud knowing the pain it would cause her grieving family. A judge has to be impartial, but they don't have to pretend they are without a soul. She has to prepare to hear the horrific details in trial and it can't be easy.

I figured that, I just thought in a town of 4k they might have crossed paths. She works for Allen county but the courthouse itself is in Scottsville.

Couldn't stop crying. So so horrible. Who were the madden family members. The wife, the father inlaw and who were the others?

Maybe he will be advised to take a plea after the preliminary hearing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Probably not. A good defense attorney isn't going to advise anything about pleas until he or she has all the evidence. While there will be some given to him or her at the preliminary hearing, it usually takes prosecutors a few weeks to get the majority of discovery together. That said, an offer may be made by the prosecution, and there may be some negotiating between the two parties, but it is unlikely an official plea on the record will be done.

Preliminary hearings are mainly for brief communications between the attorneys and the court in setting a schedule, setting up conveyance of discovery, etc. etc. It's a routine procedure that doesn't have much impact on the case as early as this. In some cases, it can be used to put witnesses on the stand, as described in the link below, but there are tactical considerations with that route. You can "pre-try" the case as a defense attorney, and maybe get some charges thrown out, but the downside is that you've given the prosecution time to adjust their strategy in response to your questions.

If you get lucky, you can keep some charges out. In the alternative, with a case this inflammatory, the grand jury could indict a lot more charges than the prosecutor, who will tailor the charges to the state's best evidence.

Frankly, while there likely won't be a plea at the preliminary hearing, I would bet good money that negotiations will start if there is solid DNA evidence. :twocents:

Not a verified insider, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt, but when I did criminal defense work, the vast majority of the preliminary hearings I attended were fifteen minutes, and almost entirely about scheduling and passing discovery between sides. Very few cases actually get down to the nitty-gritty of putting witnesses on (again, see below for verification of what I'm saying since I'm not verified at WS).

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-procedure/preliminary-hearing.html

I am trying to find out as much as possible about the Grand Jury process in KY. It seems to me that is the next step in this case. Are they in session now? When were they seated, and for how long are they seated before a new Grand Jury is chosen? I realize the next hearing is the 12/2/2015 Preliminary Hearing, but I think that is just a procedural process that will turn the case over to the GJ.

Just wondering along with JMO's

Probably not. A good defense attorney isn't going to advise anything about pleas until he or she has all the evidence. While there will be some given to him or her at the preliminary hearing, it usually takes prosecutors a few weeks to get the majority of discovery together. That said, an offer may be made by the prosecution, and there may be some negotiating between the two parties, but it is unlikely an official plea on the record will be done.

Preliminary hearings are mainly for brief communications between the attorneys and the court in setting a schedule, setting up conveyance of discovery, etc. etc. It's a routine procedure that doesn't have much impact on the case as early as this. In some cases, it can be used to put witnesses on the stand, as described in the link below, but there are tactical considerations with that route. You can "pre-try" the case as a defense attorney, and maybe get some charges thrown out, but the downside is that you've given the prosecution time to adjust their strategy in response to your questions.

If you get lucky, you can keep some charges out. In the alternative, with a case this inflammatory, the grand jury could indict a lot more charges than the prosecutor, who will tailor the charges to the state's best evidence.

Frankly, while there likely won't be a plea at the preliminary hearing, I would bet good money that negotiations will start if there is solid DNA evidence. :twocents:

Not a verified insider, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt, but when I did criminal defense work, the vast majority of the preliminary hearings I attended were fifteen minutes, and almost entirely about scheduling and passing discovery between sides. Very few cases actually get down to the nitty-gritty of putting witnesses on (again, see below for verification of what I'm saying since I'm not verified at WS).

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-procedure/preliminary-hearing.html
Thank you for the explanation AnaTeresa. I am not versed in law I was only desperately hoping for a way out of further heartbreak for these families.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Next step is a prelimary hearing within 10 days, the option the defense chose.

God, watching the arraignment was gut wrenching. Prayers for Gabbi, her family, and everyone who has had to investigate and work on this case.
Madden's son's behavior isn't helping anyone.

NewsChannel 5Verified account ‏@NC5 1m1 minute ago
Police say Bradley Madden threatened officers on social media in regards to his Father's charges in the death of Gabbi Doolin.

[video=twitter;669172429248425984]https://twitter.com/NC5/status/669172429248425984[/video]

https://twitter.com/NC5

Dumb son. His father needs all the $$ he can get for his defense, not to bail out Jr.

Someone needs to drag that kid off of the Internet for awhile. He is obviously extremely hurt and defensive about the actions of his father. He's acting like a dip****, but I feel a little bad for him.

Someone needs to drag that kid off of the Internet for awhile. He is obviously extremely hurt and defensive about the actions of his father. He's acting like a dip****, but I feel a little bad for him.

Yes, he's in shock most likely. The first stage of grief is denial, right.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717
Back