Found Deceased KY - Gabriella Doolin, 7, Allen Co., 14 Nov 2015 #2 *Pled Not Guilty, rec'd Life Sentence*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tomorrow, the 26th, would have been Gabriella's birthday! :crying: I can't even begin to wrap my brain around this terrible crime. Her poor family. :(

NC5_NickBeres
19 mins ·
THE LATEST ON THE 7-YEAR-OLD GABBI DOOLIN RAPE AND MURDER CASE: The prime suspect Timothy Madden will be back in court for a hearing Wednesday at 1 p.m. This should be interesting. The judge could set a trial date. Prosecutors could announce if they will seek the death penalty. And Madden's lawyer could present video evidence in an effort to clear his client. Or none of that could happen. It's hard to predict exactly what will occur. We, of course, will be there....."

<Nick goes on to say that the Judge will not allow cameras in the court so no livestreaming>

https://www.facebook.com/NC5NickBer...50827361639/10153191249051640/?type=3&fref=nf

Sooo the judge won't allow a livestream camera but will film and sell footage. Ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Conte &#8207;@NC5_ChrisConte
Timothy Madden's attorney enters a not guilty plea on his behalf in the murder of 7-year-old Gabbi Doolin @NC5

9m9 minutes ago
DNA testing in Gabbi Doolin case is still being done by the state right now @NC5

7m7 minutes ago
Judge schedules next Timothy Madden court appearance for July 13th at 1:30pm to review discovery @NC5 #gabbidoolin

5m5 minutes ago
Timothy Madden could potentially face the death penalty if convicted in the death of 7-year-old Gabbi Doolin @NC5

2m2 minutes ago
Because case is eligible for the death penalty Timothy Madden's lawyer will be back in court in March to discuss if he's able to try it @NC5

Carolyn Callahan &#8207;@CarolynWLKY
Timothy Madden does not have a bail set.His attorney said he is not asking for bail today #GabbiDoolin

Carolyn Callahan &#8207;@CarolynWLKY
Court adjourned. #TimothyMadden #GabbiDoolin

https://www.facebook.com/NC5NickBeres/

"................We were limited in access to the action in the courtroom. No cellphone or cameras were allowed inside the chamber. But, I appreciate the judge allowing us to monitor the proceedings through the courtroom video feed.) THE KEY PHRASE HERE IS: Hurry up ... and wait! The wheels of justice turn slow. This turned out to be a relatively quick arraignment before Allen County Circuit Court Judge Janet Crocker. Timothy Madden's lawyer Travis Lock entered an official plea of NOT GUILTY for his client. Lock also submitted a written request for discovery in the case. The judge agreed -- ruling that this will be "open file discovery." That means any evidence the prosecution has in the case must be provided to the defense within 90 days. The judge will hold an informal status hearing on March 31st to make sure the evidence is exchanged. This all will certainly include forensic testing on DNA evidence. The judge then set a date for a pre-trial conference about SIX MONTHS from now on July 13 at 1:30 p-m. She also ruled that for now Madden will be held without bond. He initially was in jail on $1-million-dollars bond. For now that's been revoked. Even if he could somehow come up with that type of money -- bond no longer an option. The judge will revisit Madden's option for bond in 3-months. Suffice to say -- he's not going anywhere. SO, WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN? The exchange of discovery allows the attorneys to begin preparing for trial. Why six months? The judge wants to give the defense enough time to process the evidence. In a serious murder case like this that can take months. Gabbi Doolin's family must now patiently wait for justice to be done. I sympathize with what they must be going through waiting. But this is the way the system works. So, there will be few new developments between now and this summer. But certainly at the pre-trial conference in July we will finally learned more: Whether the prosecutors will seek the death penalty? A trial date? And any legal challenges to the evidence by Maddon's attorney......."

Good post, Chelly! Thanks!

I don't even believe in the death penalty, but this is the kind of case it was meant for.

Sad to think that this is the last face that sweet Gabbi saw.

Update: http://www.wbko.com/content/news/Ti...sses-death-penalty-possibility-365821721.html

Interesting choice of words in this article from January 19.

What stuck out at me, and what you may be referencing is, ..."I will try to defend my client to the best of my ability." (BUI by me)

Instead of stating that "I will defend my client to the best of my ability", he backs off of that with the word choice of "try". Is that a subconscious leakage of the attorney's personal believe that the accused is guilty? An experienced attorney has likely uttered the words "defend to the best of my ability" hundreds if not thousands of times.
Marginalizing that with the word "try" certainly could be perceived as a lack of faith in Madden's professed innocence.

There were several things that struck me as ambiguous. Mostly, if reported and printed correctly at the above link, this wording is interesting:

"Madden still said he's innocent according to his attorney."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717
Back