Found Deceased KY - Gabriella Doolin, 7, Allen Co., 14 Nov 2015 #2 *Pled Not Guilty, rec'd Life Sentence*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the above article:

“Madden's lawyer is already asking to re-test DNA evidence, which was granted by the judge.

"In a death penalty case, they want to make sure they afford the criminally accused all the due process they possibly can," said Leonardo.

After his arrest, Madden said he did cooperate with police.

"I gave them my clothes that night," he said in the 2015 jailhouse interview.

And prosecutors said DNA from Madden's pants linked him to the crime. But how much of a link?

"Is it a 60 percent match or a 98 percent match," asked Leonardo.

With no apparent witnesses, he said the DNA blood evidence will be crucial for arguments on both sides of the case.“

BBM. HIS DNA was on her as well. I remember reading that in an earlier article. This is just delay, delay, delay, so the public will forget what a horrific crime this truly was and forget what this little victim endured that night as he destroyed her life.

MOO.

BBM. HIS DNA was on her as well. I remember reading that in an earlier article. This is just delay, delay, delay, so the public will forget what a horrific crime this truly was and forget what this little victim endured that night as he destroyed her life.

MOO.
Cripes! It’s like little Bella Grogan-Cannela’s case all over again. The lawyers managed to get the death penalty off the table and still it drags on!

Cripes! It’s like little Bella Grogan-Cannela’s case all over again. The lawyers managed to get the death penalty off the table and still it drags on!

I could not find anything on Bella Grogan-Cannela on WS. Is there one? What an horrific case! The killer of that 8 year old little girl ended up representing himself and not only DID NOT get the death penalty, he is eligible for parole after 35 years. WHO in the world makes these laws? Why does the public have absolutely no say so in these laws? I have never voted on one. Is there a file for this little one?

I could not find anything on Bella Grogan-Cannela on WS. Is there one? What an horrific case! The killer of that 8 year old little girl ended up representing himself and not only DID NOT get the death penalty, he is eligible for parole after 35 years. WHO in the world makes these laws? Why does the public have absolutely no say so in these laws? I have never voted on one. Is there a file for this little one?

Here is her current thread. If you are angry now you won't like the latest news:

Found Deceased - AZ - Isabella Grogan-Cannella, 8, Bullhead City, 2 September 2014 *Arrest* - #5

Here is her current thread. If you are angry now you won't like the latest news:

Found Deceased - AZ - Isabella Grogan-Cannella, 8, Bullhead City, 2 September 2014 *Arrest* - #5

I watch a lot of crime stories (Dateline, 48 hours, etc, etc.). I usually don't watch after the criminals are apprehended (and especially in Australia, Canada, UK). I can't bear to see how little time some horrific criminals get in prison, if any (i.e., bus driver Shane Piche raped 14 yr old but will serve no time in prison, and the Karla Homolka case blows my mind, to name a few). We have been brainwashed so much, we've gone soft on punishing criminals. They have no fear of punishment and some have even admitted they commit crime for room and board and to avoid having to find work. JMO. MOO

I watch a lot of crime stories (Dateline, 48 hours, etc, etc.). I usually don't watch after the criminals are apprehended (and especially in Australia, Canada, UK). I can't bear to see how little time some horrific criminals get in prison, if any (i.e., bus driver Shane Piche raped 14 yr old but will serve no time in prison, and the Karla Homolka case blows my mind, to name a few). We have been brainwashed so much, we've gone soft on punishing criminals. They have no fear of punishment and some have even admitted they commit crime for room and board and to avoid having to find work. JMO. MOO

Granted, decades ago, criminals rights were disregarded. But now, our system of justice has become so focused on the rights of criminals, the rights of the victims are disregarded. Another terrible case is Nubia Barahona, her adoptive father abused her and her brother for years until he killed Nubia, in 2011, still no trial date!

I can try, but I don't know much about accessing or operating court dockets of other states!

Maybe we have a Kentuckian out there somewhere!? :)

@?mysterian? - would you mind looking up this case, as I have in my notes there should be a hearing in June sometime.

TIA! :)

Hey, Niner, I've been looking through the Kentucky court website for Hardin County because it looked like a change of venue was granted. I've looked through the Circuit Court docket for June and either can't find Timothy Madden there or I've overlooked it. I'm going to go through the District Court docket now and see if I can locate anything.

ETA: The case number looks like a circuit court case, so I jumped over to the Allen County Circuit Court docket and couldn't find the case on the docket for June there either, sorry.

Last edited:
Ok, this article from May 3, 2019 Death penalty still an option in the Timothy Madden case states that trial starts Sept. 4 in Hardin County and the next status conference will be next month (June) and be telephonic.
"The next status conference, which will be telephonic, will be next month, to see if there are any additional motions or changes being made to the case."

Well-known attorney serving time in KY for 2015 DUI

"Lock was removed from the case in 2018 and replaced by a public defender so that Madden could receive state funding for special services."

Does this mean that Madden couldn't afford an attorney, so the public will pay for his defense?

In many states, the defense attorney in a DP trial has to be "DP Qualified," which means the atty has to have had experience and/or other qualifications to defend someone with the DP as a possible outcome -- if that is so in KY, that may be part of the delays. SMH. And if Madden is shown not to be able to afford a DP-qualified atty (if KY has that provision), the State of KY may indeed have to foot the bill. Every defendant is entitled a fair trial, and that is part of it.
But this thing is surely drag-g-ging along... SMH. :mad:

Just bumping up to see if there is any court dates that someone might have seen!

sure wish I could get back into the Kentucky court site - I could access it at one time.... :( otherwise I won't bother anyone! :D

edited to add - here's the link:

KCOJ Docket

on the top left - drop down menu - you want Circuit court for Allen county Case #15-CR-00129

Thank you helpfulcharlie! I just got this google alert article - LOTS of dates in it! :D
Looks like he had a hearing on 6/7.

Timothy Madden's case moves toward trial date

Friday morning Judge Janet Crocker held a status conference in the case of Madden. Though defense and prosecution were not physically present in the courtroom, the purpose of Friday's meeting was to ensure everything is on track for Madden’s trial.

During Friday’s phone conference Judge Crocker approved a motion filed by the defense for an inspection of the evidence against Madden, stating defense must have the inspection done within the next 30 days.

Because of several moving parts in the case, Judge Crocker finalized the timeline of events before heading into the trial, which is scheduled to begin September 4th in Hardin County.

July 24th, defense and prosecution are scheduled for a pretrial conference, where there could potentially be a personal appearance by Madden.

August 5th, jury orientation is scheduled in Hardin County to find those who will serve on the jury during Madden’s trial.

Judge Crocker set a final pretrial conference for August 9th where defense and prosecution can address any issues before heading into trial.

Just bumping up to see if there is any court dates that someone might have seen!

sure wish I could get back into the Kentucky court site - I could access it at one time.... :( otherwise I won't bother anyone! :D

edited to add - here's the link:

KCOJ Docket

on the top left - drop down menu - you want Circuit court for Allen county Case #15-CR-00129
Thanks, my friend -- I should be able to use it since I was able to access the main page! ;)

Smart judge setting the pre trial so far before the trial. Gives time to actually resolve issues without delaying it.

In many states, the defense attorney in a DP trial has to be "DP Qualified," which means the atty has to have had experience and/or other qualifications to defend someone with the DP as a possible outcome -- if that is so in KY, that may be part of the delays. SMH. And if Madden is shown not to be able to afford a DP-qualified atty (if KY has that provision), the State of KY may indeed have to foot the bill. Every defendant is entitled a fair trial, and that is part of it.
But this thing is surely drag-g-ging along... SMH. :mad:

There is only a handful of people who could afford to pay a DP qualified attorney. Not many could afford to pay a legal team for a murder case at all. This would bankrupt a wealthy person. Madden definitely doesn't strike me as wealthy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back