Identified! KY - Gray, WhtFem 192UFKY, 24-35, In Refrigerator, Apr'85 - Epsy Regina Black-Pilgrim

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She looks younger to me. I estimate 17-20. Was she found far from the interstate? I think this is trucker related.

I googled her after I posted this and yet again.....there are threads on this one. You guys have been busy on this site, it is hard to find something that has not been posted. But that is a good thing, it just gives me more of a challenge to research a little bit harder before I post a new thread. Learning curve....

The latest news on this lady that I could find is from 4/2018 from a Knoxville TV station but I think it's just a copy of one of the stories that someone has already posted here.
(It's a copy of the story folieadeuxnola posted back in April)

And the lost relative, Espy Regina Black Pilgrim, has kind of an odd name. At least when I first saw it. Is her maiden name "Black" and she married a "Pilgrim?" When I saw "Black Pilgrim" I thought it could be some kind Native American name, but that wouldn't really be the case if Black is her maiden name. Her relative in the stories was a mere Pilgrim.

I would say so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yes....didn't go to the following posts, but yes...did she have a discolored front tooth? Sorry in my enthusiastic moment forgot to give a name: Regina.

Update:
Potential daughter of redheaded Jane Doe visits town where body was found

After more than three decades of not knowing her mother, one Western North Carolina Woman hopes DNA testing will prove that a redheaded Jane Doe found in Knox County, Kentucky 33 years ago was her mother.

Elizabeth Pilgrim says her mother disappeared when she was less than six weeks old.

Last October, she became aware of the Jane Doe found in Gray, Kentucky.

She provided a DNA sample to Kentucky State Police to test if the unidentified woman was her missing mother, Espy Regina Black Pilgrim.

Initially she was told it would take a few months to learn test results, but that time table has been extended.

"I guess you could say 34 years is a long time. Not knowing is the worst part, and then you gotta keep being put on hold and put on hold," Pilgrim said. "It's heartbreaking a little bit."

Many believe the Jane Doe's murderer to be the same person responsible for the deaths of six other redhead women across the Southeast. All but one are also unidentified victims.

No one has been charged with those crimes and Pilgrim says confirming that the Knox County Jane Doe is her mother is not the end.

"Knowing that its her is a major part, but I don't think that's going to fully be closure," Pilgrim said.

Independent investigators believe the killer was a truck driver based out of Knoxville and that he could still be alive and free.

On Tuesday night, Pilgrim along with Shane Waters, producer of the podcast "Out of the Shadows," Pilgrim's aunt and a man currently believed to have seen the victim spoke to a crowd of about 30 people in Barbourville.

Waters says that one person came forward with a tip after the meeting.

Potential daughter of redheaded Jane Doe visits town where body was found

Fly High Espy
9d3ad153_pray.gif
!!!!!!!!! Prayers & Peace for her family

Knox-Co-Cold-Case-Pictures-300x254.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics