Identified! KY - Gray, WhtFem 192UFKY, 24-35, In Refrigerator, Apr'85 - Epsy Regina Black-Pilgrim

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Christine Teresa Huyer is a potential match here and for the case mentioned here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77751http://.

Here is Christine's Doe Network page: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3225dffl.html

Personally I feel the stats are good with both cases even though both CarlK and I haven't been able to locate a photo of Ms. Huyer anywhere. Thoughts??

Anyway to look up possible relatives on Florida? I don't imagine Huyer is a very popular last name

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Anyway to look up possible relatives on Florida? I don't imagine Huyer is a very popular last name

Not sure if it's possible to quote from another thread, however if you check out the other thread where Ms. Huyer is discussed you will find that there isn't much out there about her or her family. You're correct, the name isn't very common at all. I did submit her as a possible match for this case...not sure if CarlK has submitted her yet for the Georgia case.

It appears that she might have a younger sister who went to West Orange HS Class of 1979. But neither Christine's photo, nor the apparent sister's are in the 1978 WOHS yearbook in Classmates.com

Re: Loree Lee Keator

Based on the pictures and info on NamUs, she'd be a good match.

But there really are no actual "Circumstances" on NamUs.
If you go to her Charley listing, she should be 99.85% excluded. Mrs Dennis (nee Keator) was in a vehicle with a known individual that was swept away in flood waters. The driver was found dead in the wreckage. She was not found.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/dennis_lorree.html

Only two names on teh ruleouts list:

Valerie Larkin 1947 California
Deborah McCall 1963 Illinois

I believe it is Christine Teresa Huyer. Here is her picture along with the enhanced image of the Jane Doe.. I am new to forums and this site so I hope this works.. Check out the shaded tooth in the front. I also found a picture of her sis to compare hair color. She is indeed a redhead too.

CAM00086.jpg

CAM00089.jpg

She looks similar to the recon, but not so much to the actual postmortem photo.

CarlK,

I see that Melody Jones is on the rule out list. Can you find out how that determination was made, please?

I ain't buying what they are selling. Check out the large mole at the spot where the chain goes around her neck on the front toward the right on Melody and the UP. Not to mention the head and feature measurements.

I am even more convinced this is her as I am entering the fourth year of research into missing females OK during a certain time frame. There is a pattern. This UP was found only approximately 12 hours away and off a major highway from the area Melody went missing from.

I have found so many that are "ruleouts" that are more than questionable. Problem is if the rule out is based on some "garbage-in-garbage-out computer error, Melody does not get another review. I also revceived information that many times the rule out list contains the REAL person and that is done to get "sleuthers" (who dore more research they the invetigators) to stop calling and bugging the agencies in a homicide investigation. Gratitude? Sure hate to hear that 'cause we know how slow they move already, and those cases could take years....a time frame many friends and families simply do not have and they deserve answers.
If they say it was a dental comparison, I think I will pull out all my hair! People DO get dental work if they have beeen missing awhile before ending up as an unidentified person.
TIA

This story mentions this Jane Doe as part of a series of (related/unrelated?) murders in the SE US.
It has probably been posted (didn't have time to check) on the board for The Redhead Murders (also linked), which "Superwoman" (this Doe) was likely a part of. She is sometimes called Superwoman because of a sticker on the refrigerator she was found in.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...,4728169&dq=body+refrigerator+knoxville&hl=en

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92500&highlight=redhead+murder

And, physical appearance aside, I still don't think Melody Jones (http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/jones_melody.html) would be a super-strong match for our Superwoman.
Jones was likely killed much closer (in time/distance) to the murder of her husband (a couple years before this Doe's death). I just can't see whoever killed Mr Jones taking and keeping his wife alive for that amount of time. And releasing her after a while, as Doe was hitching rides up and down the interstate (without a companion) that far east of OK a couple years after her disappearance.

The main characteristic I can see for including Mrs Jones would be her height (exact match, 4'11"). There aren't many missing women that I can find that match any of the other aspects of Doe that are that short. M Jones also had extremely poor vision. Whether that could possibly be concluded at autopsy, I don't know, as there is not a specific deformity/condition listed for her vision trouble. It just says that she would be "legally blind without her glasses."

I think Peggy Alt (http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/alt_peggy.html) would be a closer (albeit still not extremely strong) match for this Doe. She went missing a lot closer to the discover of Superwoman/JD so she wouldn't have had to be "off the radar" for so long while missing (like the 2-yrs with Melody Jones). And she went missing from a little bit closer to Kentucky than Jones. But I don't know about her hair. It has kind of an auburn-ish tinge but is not the "red" red hair of Superwoman. Also, due to the angle of the morgue photo, Superwoman's hair doesn't necessarily look as long (11") as listed in the report. Alt had a scar on her arm, whereas Superwoman had one on her abdomen.

While in the midst of typing this, I came across Martha McNiel (http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mcniel_martha.html). I think she could be a good match. Hair (though described as "blonde") is a decent match. Height/weight are close. She went missing from an area somewhat close to where Jane Doe was found. She has drug/alcohol issues and was possibly fleeing from domestic violence. I would think that those could lead to wandering (ie hitchhiking, etc) but could be wrong. She likely wandered for a while after last seen (perhaps the year b/w disappearance and JD's discovery?). It's not an interstate, but US-421 connects N Wilkesboro to the Gray area. The most direct route to I-75 from the Harlan area (where US-421 enters KY from VA) would take you past Gray. If this is her, she wasn't killed immediately so lends credence to some wandering. But she is from lot closer (or "easier" taking the mountain roads into account) than some of the other possible matches I've seen.

This story mentions this Jane Doe as part of a series of (related/unrelated?) murders in the SE US.
It has probably been posted (didn't have time to check) on the board for The Redhead Murders (also linked), which "Superwoman" (this Doe) was likely a part of. She is sometimes called Superwoman because of a sticker on the refrigerator she was found in.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...,4728169&dq=body+refrigerator+knoxville&hl=en

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92500&highlight=redhead+murder

And, physical appearance aside, I still don't think Melody Jones would be a good match for our Superwoman.
Jones was likely killed much closer (in time/distance) to the murder of her husband (a couple years before this Doe's death). I just can't see whoever killed Mr Jones taking and keeping his wife alive for that amount of time. Or releasing her after a while, as Doe was hitching rides up and down the interstate (without a companion) that far east of OK a couple years after her disappearance.

I understand and appreciate your skepticsm. However I never work a case on superficial appearance or exclude one based on such or distance and certainly not on what seems logical. Even murderers have their own standard of "logic" to their horrendous acts on humanity. The placement and size of that particular mole and others is just icing on the cake, so to speak and it is a starting point along with facial and head structure measurements, to researching all circumstances possible regarding the victim.

As to doubting Melody could have been alive for a couple of Years after he reported abduction? ...think of Donna Denice Haraway... Did she really live long enough following her abduction to give birth to a child before being murdered?

The world is indeed a strange place. If I rulled out what I could not comprehend, then I would have to conclude these cases were unsolvable - which is simply not true.

One way I COULD see Jones as still being around in '85 is if she were somehow involved in her husband's 1983 murder. Nothing I saw in her profiles on Doe/Charley/NamUS hint at any marital discord or anything like life insurance or an affair that would make her a real suspect. So I just doubt her based on the circumstances. I agree that her physical/medical demographics (scars/moles/etc along with ht/wt/age/etc) match well.

I just find it a stretch that she would go from having a fairly "settled" (married, working, parents/family living nearby) life to being a hitchhiker (and/or hooker) using a CB radio to travel up and down the interstates. If she'd killed Paul and was on the run, I could see her eventually maybe resorting to that but I don't think she could have made that big of a transformation unless she was experienced in that kind of lifestyle.

Haraway is a different can of worms. There are questions about most aspects (when? where? why? how? who?). But I do think the two convicted for her death didn't do it. That is more important because if they're innocent, their lives were stolen before they even found her remains.
I think her pregnancy has to have happened before her disappearance, not after. All I could find right off about her past was that she was a quiet, shy and reserved girl. Her husband was apparently more gregarious and the president of his frat. Could she have gotten pregnant (before they were married?) and the guy demanded she try to hide it and keep it a secret? Could it have been some kind of congenital anomaly of the pelvis that led them to believe she'd given birth?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/192ufky.html

Birthmark above and behind left ankle. Moles on right side of neck & under each breast.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

RS/BBM

I know it seems odd for me to point this out..but I'd assume our UID has some pretty stunning medical records somewhere. (Given she ever went to the doctor)
A mole under each breast may not be a mole..If we had pics of her ribcage I bet the "moles" are superfluous nipples and occur only in 1 in 50 women. That's IF there's a "third" nipple. It's even more rare if she had TWO extra nipples.
Being from a small town somewhere in KY or NC, it would be something she pointed out at some point..or even something that her doctor brought to her family's attention.
Do you think there's some chance that someone would put that in the description field for their missing loved one?
Probably a slim chance, but worth the try.
JMHO

@ bflocket,
Can you provide the number of instances, locations and witnesses stating the UP in KY was up and down the interstate? Those sourses would be valuable to any research.
TIA

RS/BBM

I know it seems odd for me to point this out..but I'd assume our UID has some pretty stunning medical records somewhere. (Given she ever went to the doctor)
A mole under each breast may not be a mole..If we had pics of her ribcage I bet the "moles" are superfluous nipples and occur only in 1 in 50 women. That's IF there's a "third" nipple. It's even more rare if she had TWO extra nipples.
Being from a small town somewhere in KY or NC, it would be something she pointed out at some point..or even something that her doctor brought to her family's attention.
Do you think there's some chance that someone would put that in the description field for their missing loved one?
Probably a slim chance, but worth the try.
JMHO
Not at all odd jenstar! Considering the number of moles she had prhaps those under her breasts were just considered the same. She also has some on the face which are not mentioned. I think the saddest thing I find in these cases is a family member, especially a spouse not knowing identifying marks to report. I have husbands who don't know the color of the eyes of his missing wife! Mother to 5 of his children and he doesn't know her eye color?!

It would be interesting if these "moles" were noted as such on the autopsy report. They would be identifyable to those familiar with the anomoly..

@ bflocket,
Can you provide the number of instances, locations and witnesses stating the UP in KY was up and down the interstate? Those sourses would be valuable to any research.
TIA

In the DoeNetwork profile for Superwoman (that gives her more of a human quality than "Knox County Jane Doe 5/1985") it states that she was seeking a ride to NC from "Pinville." I always remembered that because Pineville was spelled wrong. Pineville is the County Seat of Bell County, the next county past Knox on 25E. Other than the somewhat nearby I-75, US-25E would be one of the few major routes that go south from the area. It would've gone up the mountain and through the actual Cumberland Gap at that time (it goes under it now).

One place that her trying to hitch out is noted is an old news article I found cited on a different crime forum (Lexington Herald-Leader, April 4, 1985 Page: B2). The LHL's website is Kentucky.com but I don't know how much you'd have to pay to access that story as it would be deep into the archives by now.

Here is the link to the forum where I got that citation from:
SUPERWOMAN - Cold Case Investigations

Not at all odd jenstar! Considering the number of moles she had prhaps those under her breasts were just considered the same. She also has some on the face which are not mentioned. I think the saddest thing I find in these cases is a family member, especially a spouse not knowing identifying marks to report. I have husbands who don't know the color of the eyes of his missing wife! Mother to 5 of his children and he doesn't know her eye color?!

It would be interesting if these "moles" were noted as such on the autopsy report. They would be identifyable to those familiar with the anomoly..

Also something I noticed with her. The color of her eyebrows are more telling than her hair color. Looking at the PM photo, I think you can see that her eyebrows are sparse but definitely red. If I had to guess she was probably a real brassy red from Irish or Scottish descent. The "brown hair" can be throwing us off a bit. Maybe she was trying to be 80's punk rock-ish by dying the front a darker brown? ~Just a vibe/mho

OT/BR: My best friend Dan also had really dark moles all over his body, even on his back. His Surname was McMurphy, and his Mom was the brassiest red I've ever seen.

Don't mind me..I really like to think "out of the box"..sometimes WAY out of the box..LOL

Another, out there theory: how awesome would it be if she were a chimera? If the front of her hair was brown and the back of her hair was red.. and they were BOTH natural..she could quite possibly be two different people in one body. (Through twin absorption.)If that's the case maybe the reason we haven't gotten a "hit" on the DNA profile; was because they submitted the wrong DNA that didn't provide us a match. Given the possibility that she may have had the breast anomaly too..that could have also resulted in her being a twin.. Just a theory..you don't have to take that part seriously. But genetics is AWESOME. JMHO

In comparison to the PM photo, I think the UID looks a lot like Martha McNiel. Missing date 4/18/1984 (only if Martha lost about 5 lbs from her MP photo) age: within range, hair: strawberry/blonde, eyes listed as blue not hazel, height: off by an inch, weight: off by 5 lbs. From Wilkes County NC. DNA: Inquiry Underway..I also seem to think they're both broad at the shoulders even for a petite frame. (I have the same issue.) What do you guys think?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SleuthingIndeed
Back