GUILTY KY - Hart Co., Dismembered body in container in Green River, Jul'16 - Kristen Edwards

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
July 28, 2016
8:00 pm EDT

NANCY GRACE: Reporting on Kristen Edwards

•George Bruton discovered is the fisherman that found her dismembered body

•A lot of plastic was wrapped around the tote bag

So sad

I'm glad the case is getting some coverage. I think it's strange there isn't more info on the investigation.

I was looking through all the articles and the obituaries again this morning. One big thing I noticed in the obituaries especially is that there is NO mention of her being married.

Another thing I wanted to point out is that her body was found about 30 minutes north of her hometown. Now her Facebook page says she's from Park City but the obits say Glasgow. Both are in the same vacinity but I used Glasgow as her hometown for this map. So whoever killed her drove 30 minutes north and dumped her body. I wondering if they were heading out of town...

kristen map.jpg

Regarding her DV arrest. I've seen an uptick in both parties being arrested during a DV dispute rather than the cop making a "judgement call" on what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another thing I wanted to point out is that her body was found about 30 minutes north of her hometown. Now her Facebook page says she's from Park City but the obits say Glasgow. Both are in the same vacinity but I used Glasgow as her hometown for this map. So whoever killed her drove 30 minutes north and dumped her body. I wondering if they were heading out of town...

In these rural counties, city boundaries don't mean much. Most people don't live in town. The initial reports I saw just said she was from Barren County. I'm guessing home is somewhere between Glasgow and Park City, with Park City being the nearest post office.

I was wondering if the body was possibly dumped near the bridge at 31 E. That would be a long way to float down, but the bag was probably fairly bouyant after the body started to decompose. If this person were headed out of town, 31 E is the best alternate to I-65 if you are headed north (possibly to Indy).

I was looking through all the articles and the obituaries again this morning. One big thing I noticed in the obituaries especially is that there is NO mention of her being married.

View attachment 99011

On her Facebook, everyone seemed very surprised when she changed her relationship status to "married." Young adults (or even high school kids) do that sometimes, even when they don't actually and legally get married. Maybe it was her way of trying to show her devotion to her boyfriend?

The bag in which Kristen's body was found looks quite distinctive. People in the area should maybe circulate that photo of it.
I heard it was first located by some Amish boys who told the fisherman, and he then investigated. May the perpetrator
of this awful crime be found and brought to justice.

The bag in which Kristen's body was found looks quite distinctive. People in the area should maybe circulate that photo of it.
I heard it was first located by some Amish boys who told the fisherman, and he then investigated. May the perpetrator

Is there a picture of it somewhere? I don't recall seeing a picture of it.

Interesting. Do you have a link with that info?

In these rural counties, city boundaries don't mean much. Most people don't live in town. The initial reports I saw just said she was from Barren County. I'm guessing home is somewhere between Glasgow and Park City, with Park City being the nearest post office.

I was wondering if the body was possibly dumped near the bridge at 31 E. That would be a long way to float down, but the bag was probably fairly bouyant after the body started to decompose. If this person were headed out of town, 31 E is the best alternate to I-65 if you are headed north (possibly to Indy).

Approximately 8-9 river miles from the bridge to where her body was discovered near the ramp at H.H Wilson Park.

http://fw.ky.gov/Education/Pages/Green-River---Hart-County.aspx

Not really too far and a buoyant object could move quicker and further when a river is up and the current faster.

Don't know about Hart County, but Glasgow experienced some considerable rain just before Kristen's body was found.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154290328964299&id=240845599298

Possible that it could have wedged somewhere undetected and then moved further downstream if the river rose.

CAVE CITY — Balloons of many colors floated in the air Friday with special messages from family and friends of Kristen Edwards, saying "Rest in Peace Kristen," "We Love You" and "You'll be missed."

Glasgow resident Misty Byrd grew up with Edwards' parents and has known her since the day she was born. Byrd wanted to host an event to promote justice for Edwards and to let the person who killed her know that it's not OK and they're going to be caught.

Edwards' mother Angie Ponce wanted to set the record straight and let everyone know that Edwards was reported missing prior to her body being found. She said she knew when she heard about the body in the river that it was her daughter because of her motherly instinct.

Ponce said she last heard from Edwards on July 2, and she had been trying to talk to her, but Edwards' phone was broken and she didn't know how to get in contact with her.

"She was kind of in a hard time in her life and I just wasn't able to. I know it sounds bad as a mother to not be able to talk to my daughter ... but there wasn't much I could do except for beg and plead with her to straighten up," Ponce said. "But that doesn't mean that changes the beautiful heart and soul that she was."

Ponce said she doesn't know who killed her daughter.

"I don't know who it is and until I know who it is, I'm not going to point fingers," Ponce said. "I forgive the person already because my daughter was so beautiful that we have to learn something from this, and I just beg and plead that if anybody knows anything, as a mother, please let's get justice for Kristen."

More:
http://www.bgdailynews.com/news/lov...cle_4226c11c-fa37-501c-acdf-55cb71970bdc.html

Another new article: http://www.glasgowdailytimes.com/ne...cle_b5fe5bde-560a-11e6-bea1-1f461a2b4c3e.html

Edwards’ mother said she usually called her daughter several times a day, but she knew her phone was broken. Edwards would usually try to find a way to call her then, Ponce said.

“I just noticed she hadn’t been updating her Facebook page, so I started wondering if something was wrong,” she said.

Her instincts told her there was a problem, and she said she reported Edwards missing, but because she was an adult, police didn’t pursue it at the time.

Ponce said Edwards was last seen sometime around July 14.

There's also a slideshow of images: http://www.bgdailynews.com/news/sli...n_b271048a-55f6-11e6-a65f-3f088c1ceade.html#1

My heart breaks seeing her family grieving. Her grandmother in particular looks so heartbroken and sad.

Okay, folks, this is weird.

Grayson County KY couple find a dismembered body in a tool box in Short Creek.

"Reports are saying the body is male, but it's something we haven't been able to independently confirm.

KSP said an autopsy was performed Wednesday morning, but those details remain unavailable to the public right now as well.

There's no indication at this point, that this case is related to the death of Kristen Edwards who was found in the Green River more than a week ago."

http://www.wbko.com/content/news/Body-found-in-tool-box-in-Grayson-County-389063082.html

Edited to add: If WS has a thread on this case (the body found in the tool box), please post a link. TIA!

Okay, folks, this is weird.

Grayson County KY couple find a dismembered body in a tool box in Short Creek.

"Reports are saying the body is male, but it's something we haven't been able to independently confirm.

KSP said an autopsy was performed Wednesday morning, but those details remain unavailable to the public right now as well.

There's no indication at this point, that this case is related to the death of Kristen Edwards who was found in the Green River more than a week ago."

http://www.wbko.com/content/news/Body-found-in-tool-box-in-Grayson-County-389063082.html

Edited to add: If WS has a thread on this case (the body found in the tool box), please post a link. TIA!

Also....if any locals can share info on how close these two places are to each other. I'm searching maps, but local insight would be great.

That is really creepy and I'm hoping that they are not related. The bodies were found in two different places about an hour from each other. I'm not familiar with this area at all but seems like a pretty far distance to be related.

That is really creepy and I'm hoping that they are not related. The bodies were found in two different places about an hour from each other. I'm not familiar with this area at all but seems like a pretty far distance to be related.

I have to ask....has there been any activity on the baby-father's social media since Kristen has been found? There has been essentially no mention of him in the news articles. Where is he?

There could be no connection, of course, but....

I was doing some Facebook searching today and came across something interesting from Kristen. She shared a screenshot in late March on a local (to her) group for lost and found items. The screenshot was of a post that was originally posted by a person with the profile name "_____ Kristen _____" and it was regarding a stolen television. This profile seems to have a profile picture of her son (she had the same profile picture on her personal profile on March 22) AND she commented thanking someone for sharing so it looks like it was her that is the "Kristen" in that profile. I could not find any trace of that profile now.

There are 2 main reasons that I have seen for a shared profile page. First, you don't trust your partner so you share a profile to make sure they aren't cheating on you. Second, one person doesn't really want a profile so you talk them into having a shared profile. I see the latter more with older couples.

Link to the post: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1240503812645628&set=gm.1052201011485658&type=3&theater

I am assuming that this is allowed since it was shared by Kristen herself. If it's not, let me know.

I have to ask....has there been any activity on the baby-father's social media since Kristen has been found? There has been essentially no mention of him in the news articles. Where is he?

There could be no connection, of course, but....

I haven't heard anyone mention him except for a few "pray for him his children just lost their mother" type comments. Since he has not been named as a suspect, I don't believe we can discuss anything about him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back