KY- I-75 Active Shooter Targeting Vehicles

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is a view of I-75 looking north. There is an elevated area with a cliff-face (rock cut) on the left that is very close and overlooking the highway. Could he have been taking potshots from there? From that vantage point he wouldn't be seen by the vehicles and he could shoot at either the highway or the on-ramp, coming from the rest area.

1725750981390.png

Last edited:
Here is a view of I-75 looking north. There is an elevated area with a cliff-face (rock cut) on the left that is very close and overlooking the highway. Could he have been taking potshots from there? From that vantage point he wouldn't be seen by the vehicles and he could shoot at either the highway or the on-ramp.

View attachment 529689
Could be someone on foot?

Anyone listening to a scanner?

jmo

Here is a view of I-75 looking north. There is an elevated area with a cliff-face (rock cut) on the left that is very close and overlooking the highway. Could he have been taking potshots from there? From that vantage point he wouldn't be seen by the vehicles and he could shoot at either the highway or the on-ramp.

View attachment 529689
You could wind up with an enormous amount of casualties in that scenario, which may be what happened. Eventually cars would slow down as the drivers who were hit stopped, and it would quickly turn into something akin to shooting fish in a barrel.

The incident began just before 6 p.m. on Saturday when officers began receiving calls about multiple vehicles being fired at on Interstate 75 in Laurel County. The shots were reportedly coming from an overpass or a wooded area.

According to preliminary reports, at least 5 people are believed to have been shot, some of whom are seriously injured. “The victims have been shot through the windshields,” according to dispatch.

The incident began just before 6 p.m. on Saturday when officers began receiving calls about multiple vehicles being fired at on Interstate 75 in Laurel County. The shots were reportedly coming from an overpass or a wooded area.

According to preliminary reports, at least 5 people are believed to have been shot, some of whom are seriously injured. “The victims have been shot through the windshields,” according to dispatch.

So that does indicate they were shot while driving, not stopped while getting gas, for example.

Terrifying.

jmo

Dang it. I was hoping since we didn't hear about deaths yet that the victims were not fatally shot. I suppose car accidents could cause injuries too.

jmo
It’s chaos, apparently ongoing, and it would be difficult to reach these people. It’s the kind of situation where you hear one number, but then it explodes.

LAUREL COUNTY, Ky. (FOX 56/NEXSTAR) — The sheriff’s office in Laurel County, Kentucky, said that Interstate 75 has been closed due to a reported active shooter situation nine miles north of London.

Law enforcement said that “numerous people have been shot” in the area of I-75.

The Laurel County Sheriff’s Office posted on Facebook around 6:40 p.m. Saturday that the road would be closed in both directions at Exit 49 U.S. 25.

This is a developing story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back