KY- I-75 Active Shooter Targeting Vehicles

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think, and I could be wrong and unfair for saying this, but I get the impression that the mayor was saying things about road rage etc, because he didnt want the public to panic. IMO
My impression (accurate or not) is that the mayor might not be experienced in this type of situation. I'm not throwing shade at a well-meaning guy, but I think LE might have asked him to let them handle the public communication tasks.

jmo

Last edited:
My impression (accurate or not) is that the mayor might not experienced in this type of situation. I'm not throwing shade at a well-meaning guy, but I think LE might have asked him to let them handle the public communication tasks.

jmo
Very small town. Hes probably never experienced something like this before as mayor

I think most are doing the best they can... given the area and situation. (But, honestly, I only listened to a couple of sentences spoken by the mayor... I didn't rely too heavily in whatever he had to say... that's just me).

imo

SEP 8, 2024
Couch — who earlier this year faced a later-dropped misdemeanor charge for terroristic threatening, according to court records — is from Woodbine, a small community about 20 miles south of the shooting scene.

... While speaking with reporters Sunday afternoon, Deputy Gilbert Acciardo, a spokesperson for the Laurel County Sheriff’s Office, said Couch had become a suspect “due to the totality of everything that we’ve developed so far.”

In the SUV, authorities found a rifle case. On Sunday, while near where the SUV had been found, authorities recovered a semi-automatic weapon. The firearm was in an elevated wooded area next to the highway “that he could have shot down upon the interstate from,” Acciardo said.

SEP 8, 2024
Couch — who earlier this year faced a later-dropped misdemeanor charge for terroristic threatening, according to court records — is from Woodbine, a small community about 20 miles south of the shooting scene.

... While speaking with reporters Sunday afternoon, Deputy Gilbert Acciardo, a spokesperson for the Laurel County Sheriff’s Office, said Couch had become a suspect “due to the totality of everything that we’ve developed so far.”

In the SUV, authorities found a rifle case. On Sunday, while near where the SUV had been found, authorities recovered a semi-automatic weapon. The firearm was in an elevated wooded area next to the highway “that he could have shot down upon the interstate from,” Acciardo said.
He could have an additional vehicle stashed and be long gone. Moo

like many other chaotic mass shootings, this one started with a question if there was more than one shooter and there was a specific description initially given that does not very closely match the current suspect, which has me wondering if there was indeed a second person who helped him get out of the area? I don’t think it’s probable but I’d be interested to know if they’ve ruled that person out completely as an unrelated situation or a witness mistake.
Moo

SEP 8, 2024

Does anyone know what "terroristic threats" he made? jmo

This is the weirdest case.
There were multiple versions of what happened coming out yesterday. Road rage, sniper, targeted, shot on highway, shot at truck stop. Usually that stuff is sorted out fairly quickly, but not here.
MSM doesn’t seemed particularly interested at all.
I’m interested. I think it’s terrifying. They need to find this guy.

yep I was just telling my husband there's so many versions that it makes it very confusing

WYMT-TV from Hazard, Kentucky is reporting that all Laurel County schools will be closed on Monday due to the police manhunt.

During a 5:00 pm presser update, thr police announced that the manhunt will be suspended when it gets dark, and that there will be a perimeter around the search area to ensure no one escapes.

The police are planning to have another presser update at 7:00 pm this evening.

Source:

Schools closed in Laurel County as manhunt continues

Laurel County Sheriff’s office official Facebook page (feel free to delete if not allowed) just posted photos of the suspects impounded vehicle.

View attachment 529934
Very notable here, is the marked absence of dirt on the vehicle. Kinda throws a wrench in my backroads theory.

Also of note is the deflated rear passenger tire. Could that have been when LE was towing the vehicle, or perhaps during the suspects drive to the location?

WYMT-TV from Hazard, Kentucky is reporting that all Laurel County schools will be closed on Monday due to the police manhunt.

During a 5:00 pm presser update, thr police announced that the manhunt will be suspended when it gets dark, and that there will be a perimeter around the search area to ensure no one escapes.

The police are planning to have another presser update at 7:00 pm this evening.

Source:

Schools closed in Laurel County as manhunt continues
I wonder if LE has been tracking the movements of his known associates. It’s hard to imagine two people could be this demented, but possible. He could have had someone whisk him out of there for a great escape. What a loathsome creature.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Very notable here, is the marked absence of dirt on the vehicle. Kinda throws a wrench in my backroads theory.

Also of note is the deflated rear passenger tire. Could that have been when LE was towing the vehicle, or perhaps during the suspects drive to the location?
Or police shot it so he couldn't drive it? I doubt it, but just tossing it out there.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eNeMeEe
Back